Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-10-12-WWF Smackdown] HHH & Road Dogg vs Chris Benoit & Perry Saturn

soup23

This HHH face run kind of reminds me of the Rock's face run during the autumn of 1998. I do think Rock got organically over more but the crowd is pretty hot for HHH even beyond the canned heat you hear here. This match and feud overall with Benoit has been personal and intense. I liked bringing Road Dogg and Saturn into the mix and this is the best that Saturn has looked this year with a nice looking missed moonsault. Terri gets involved which allows Steph an opening to say after the match that she could have prevented that if she would have been there. **

• 7 months later...

I kind of thought this was a lackluster TV match.  Road Dogg and Saturn didn't add much beyond variety and I didn't think it was a particularly good performance from HHH, who seemed kind of lackadaisical.  Him in a face type role is still finding a sweet spot.  I really really really hate his ducking a clothesline and then hitting a neckbreaker spot.  It never looks smooth and always requires an awkward moment of he and his opponent grasping for each other.

*1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2000-10-12-WWF Smackdown] HHH & Road Dogg vs Chris Benoit & Perry Saturn