Pro Wrestling Only

NWA World Class Championship Wrestling December 1985

GeneJackson95

World Class Championship Wrestling TV

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 12/5 Airing on Friday 12/6 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer and Johnny Valiant Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

(Show opens with highlights from Holiday Wars: Dallas ending with Rick Martel defeating King Harley Race with the Boston Crab to win the WCCW World Heavyweight Championship)

Bill Mercer welcomes the fans to WCCW and talks about all the excitement that took place at both Thanksgiving Day Star Wars as well as Holiday Wars: Dallas including: The Moondogs defeating Tenryu/Tsuruta, the crazy ending to Bad News Allen vs. Iceman Parsons resulting in Bad News winning the Texas Championship, Black Bart defeating Jacques Rougeau to win the NWA Canadian International Championship, and The Pringle Dynasty defeated The Von Erichs for the World Tag Team title.

Johnny V interjects that his surprise appearance as the new manager of the Moondogs was the 2nd most amazing moment of the two shows….2nd only to the victory of Sir David Sammartino over Adrian Adonis at Holiday Wars that led to Adonis' departure from World Class.

Mercer agreed that was a shocking moment but none was more shocking that Rick Martel defeating King Harley Race for the WCCW World Heavyweight Championship! He says that word is that Harley Race is so distraught over the loss that he has walked out of World Class Championship Wrestling and has vowed never to return….Lord Alfred Hayes refused to comment on the situation at this time.

Match #1:

Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Sting/Eddie Gilbert) w/ Missy Hyatt defeated "Jumpin" Jed Johnson/Bret Jackson when Gilbert pinned Johnson after the 'Hot Shot'

Marc Lowrance is at ringside discussing two huge events coming up as WCCW presents Christmas Day Star Wars and WCCW will also be taking part in NWA Starrcade! Marc welcomes Fritz Von Erich and asks him what's the current status of World Class' partnership with the NWA. Fritz says that the WCCW World Champion Rick Martel will be taking on NWA World Champion "Nature Boy" Ric Flair and this will be a unification match crowning one World Champion moving forward, meaning that WCCW will then recognize the winner of that match the World Heavyweight Champion. There will be a tournament announced next week to crown the NWA Western States Champion who will be the top champion of WCCW and the #1 Contender to the Unified World Champion. Effective immediately the WCCW World Tag Team Champions will become the NWA Western States Tag Team Champions and the NWA World Tag Team titles will now be recognized here in World Class. As a part of this partnership with the NWA you will see various NWA stars competing here in World Class and you'll see our stars competing across the country in various other NWA promotions. We also have the NWA Lightheavyweight Championship tournament which will be taking place in Houston soon which we will also announce next week. To kick things off we'll have "Rowdy" Roddy Piper here at the Sportatorium doing a Piper's Pit with special guests the TV Champion "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin with Precious and "Flamboyant" Eric Embry.

COMMERCIAL

Match #2:

NWA Texas Champion Bad News Allen pinned The Blue Cyclone after a 'Ghetto Blaster'

Bad News tells Marc Lowrance that this Saturday in Amarillo he's got "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin in the ring and he's going to teach him a lesson and put an end to him once and for all.

PROMO FOR NWA Starrcade featuring Champion vs. Champion: "Nature Boy" Ric Flair vs. Rick Martel- WINNER TAKES ALL!!

Marc Lowrance welcomes the Desperados to ringside and asks Black Bart about the gold around his waist

Bart: "You know dadgum well what belt this is…this is that Canadian Intercontinental belt I won from Jock Cousteau at the Thanksgiving show…..then I whooped him again at Holiday Wars and now I hear he's whining for a ANOTHER rematch at Starrcade….well let me tell ya somethin' boy….you don't want no more of Black Bart!! It hasn't turned out well any time you've stepped into the ring with me and Starrcade would be no exception so I suggest that Jock give it up and let one of them other sissy boy Canadians get a shot at it! Now excuse me I'm gonna go whoop one of these stinkin' Samoans like you got up there N-Dub ya-A Loot or whatever ya call it!"

Match #3:

NWA Canadian International Championship

Black Bart pinned Tonga Kid after Ron Bass hit him in the face with a spur behind referee Bronco Lubbich's back

COMMERCIAL

Piper's Pit hosted by "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

w/ guests "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious & "Flamboyant" Eric Embry

Piper: "Hello Dallas Texas! The Hot Rod has come to town and when Hot Rod is in town, when they talk about the "Big D" they don't mean Dallas…..Anyways….So I'm here all the way from the Mid Atlantic because we've got Starrcade coming up and it's going to be the biggest thing in all of wrestling! Now when I flew down here to Texas I was hoping to get a chance to speak to the Fabulous Freebirds….or perhaps the Von Erich boys….but instead they've got me talking to these guys….come on out boys…and I use that term loosely."

(ZZ Top's 'Sharp Dressed Man' plays as Jimmy Garvin/Precious/Eric Embry come down to the ring)

Garvin: "I'm sorry, did a guy in a skirt just question our manhood?"

Piper: "Oh, it wasn't a question toots, it was more of a statement. (looks to Precious) What was your name hun?"

Precious: "It's Precious…not HUN! I suggest you learn some manners."

Piper: "Well well well, I guess we solved the mystery of who wears the pants in this crew…"

Embry: "Look here Roddy, we didn't come out here to be insulted, you got one more time to step out of line with us and we'll send you back to the Mid Atlantic with that skirt shoved down your throat."

Piper: "Listen kid, it's called a kilt and I suggest you go stand in the corner and shut your mouth……I wanna speak to ol' Jimmy here."

Garvin: "Oh really? You wanna speak to me? I don't blame you because EVERYBODY wants to speak to me these days cause I'm the Television Champion and the hottest thing in the wrestling business today and if they want ANYBODY to watch this Starrcade event, they better put me on the show."

Piper: "Absolutely, I'm sure they want to cover the transvestite demographic that watch wrestling shows."

Precious: "Maybe you didn't understand me when I said you need to learn some manners…"

Piper: "I don't know about manners lady, but if you ever wanna learn what a real man is instead of hanging around the Culture Club here, call ol' Hot Rod and I'll make a woman out of ya!"

(Embry charges Piper but Piper back drops him out of the ring to the floor, Garvin swings at Piper but he blocks the punch and hits Garvin with a barrage of lefts and rights until Precious sprays him in the eyes with air freshener blinding him allowing Garvin and Embry to pounce on him and double team him….Garvin grabs a steel chair and cracks Roddy right over the head which busts him wide open….Embry and Garvin put the boots to Piper until Bad News Allen hits the ring and cleans house on Garvin and Embry who leave the ring and head up the aisle….Piper is struggling to pull himself up on the ropes as he's swinging wildly blinded by both the spray and the blood in his eyes….Bad News simply walks away as he has no allegiance with Piper whatsoever.

COMMERCIAL

Match #4

MAIN EVENT

Grudge Match

"Sir" David Sammartino w/Lord Alfred Hayes pinned Dick Murdoch with his feet on the ropes

As Sammartino is standing in the ring victorious with Lord Alfred Hayes......"Rowdy" Roddy Piper storms the ring with his head bandaged....he grabs Sammartino and fires him over the top rope as Hayes runs for cover....PIper demands a microphone...

hqdefault.jpg

Piper: "Jimmy Garvin....You wanna step up to the big leagues you sissy??? You say you want a match at Starrcade??? Be careful what you wish cause you have got it!! Show your face at Starrcade you puke and I promise you it will not be a Merry Christmas....and you bring that bus stop skank to ringside with you cause I'll save some for her too!!"

© 1985 Southwest Sports Inc.

COMMERCIAL AIRS FOR THIS WEEK'S AMARILLO SHOW:

World Class Championship Wrestling

Sports Arena

Amarillo, TX

Saturday Dec 7, 1985

Bell time: 8pm

MAIN EVENT

WCCW World Tag Team Championship

The Pringle Dynasty (Studd/Grappler)

w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.

Blackjack Mulligan/Kendall Windham

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Kevin/Kerry/Mike Von Erich

Vs.

Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Gilbert/Sting/Rogers)

w/Missy Hyatt

WCCW Texas Heavyweight Championship

Bad News Allen

Vs.

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious

Black Bart

Vs.

Rocky Johnson

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy)

w/Buddy Roberts

Vs.

The Moondogs (Spot/Rex)

w/Luscious Johnny V

Grudge Match

"Iceman" King Parsons

Vs.

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry

The Desperados (Ron Bass/Killer Brooks)

Vs.

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

Man Mountain Link

w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.

"Pistol" Pez Whatley

Sports Arena

Amarillo, TX

Saturday Dec 7, 1985

Bell time: 8pm

Man Mountain Link w/Percival Pringle III defeated "Pistol" Pez Whatley with a big splash

The Desperados (Ron Bass/Killer Brooks) w/Black Bart defeated The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) when Bart hit Wayne with the Canadian International Championship belt behind referee Rick Hazard's back allowing Ron Bass to get the pinfall

Grudge Match

"Iceman" King Parsons fought "Flamboyant" Eric Embry to a double countout

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy) w/Buddy Roberts defeated The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) w/Luscious Johnny V when Gordy pinned Rex after a powerslam, afterwards Spot cracked Hayes in the head with the bone they bring to ringside busting his head wide open and leaving him bloodied

Black Bart pinned Rocky Johnson with the 'Texas Trash Compactor'

WCCW Texas Heavyweight Championship

Bad News Allen defeated "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious by DQ when Eric Embry hit the ring and attacked Bad News until Iceman Parsons ran in to even the odds, All four men brawled up the aisle and out of sight.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Kevin/Kerry/Mike Von Erich defeated Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Gilbert/Sting/Rogers) w/Missy Hyatt when Kerry pinned Rogers after a 'discus punch'

MAIN EVENT

WCCW World Tag Team Championship

The Pringle Dynasty (Studd/Grappler) w/Percival Pringle III defeated Blackjack Mulligan/Kendall Windham when Studd made Kendall submit to an over the shoulder backbreaker

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 12/5 Airing on Friday 12/13 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer and Mr. Wrestling II Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

WCCWTVOpen.jpg

billmercerwccw.jpg

Mercer: "Hello and welcome once again to World Class Championship Wrestling and what a show we have in store for you this evening. Since my usual co-host has landed himself in a match this evening, I will have a special guest co-host….none other than Mr. Wrestling II."

Wrestling II: "It's great to be here Bill and I'm excited to be here in Texas and I'm looking to put some gold around my waist real soon."

Mercer: "That's correct you'll be competing in the tournament to crown the NWA North American Champion in Houston this weekend, which we will be talking about much more in this program tonight. We'll also be talking about the exciting NWA World Lightheavyweight Championship tournament coming up on December 22nd in Oklahoma City but right now let's go to the ring for action with DJ Peterson taking on Ted Allen."

MATCH #1:

DJ Peterson pinned Ted Allen after a flying shoulder block off the top rope

David_Peterson_%2528wrestler%2529.jpg

(Roddy Piper comes to the ring and takes a mic)

pipermic.jpg

Roddy: "I know it's Christmas time and all…..but last week little Jimmy Garvin decided he wanted to come sit at the adult table at Starrcade…….Little Jimmy Garvin decided he wanted to walk right up and poke the bear! If Little Jimmy Garvin wanted my attention then let me tell ya son….You…have…got…it!"

(Eric Embry comes to the ring and grabs another mic)

Embry.jpg

Eric: "Mr. Piper, it would seem we got off on the wrong foot last week. I think you took a few of the things that were said the wrong way. Now Jimmy and Precious aren't here tonight and they don't know I'm here right now but I just want to tell you that there's really no sense in this match taking place at Starrcade."

Roddy: "Ohhhh….I see what's happening here….you guys have had time to realize just how bad you screwed up, have ya? You guys have figured out that 'Hot Rod' ain't the guy to go messin' with."

Eric: "Look, like I told you 'Gorgeous' Jimmy doesn't even know I'm out there but look there is nothing to be gained for you two to fight at Starrcade."

Roddy (nodding in agreement): "Now THAT I sorta agree with…..I've been thinking about that over the course of the week and that's true so I'm going to suggest to Fritz Von Erich that we put that TV belt on the line that Garvin is so proud of…"

Eric: "No no no no….that's just stupid, we aren't doing that. I'm saying there shouldn't even be a match at all…..I'm not suggesting we put Jimmy's title on the line."

Roddy: "I see…I see…so you want to just make nice and call the whole thing off?"

Eric: "Exactly, now you're getting it. Let's just shake hands and cancel the match and just move on down the road."

Roddy: "Move on down the road, huh? You guys disrespected me last week and I don't take kindly to that….however I'm willing to make this interesting. If we have a match right here tonight on tv and you can last FIVE MINUTES in the ring with me without me beating you, we call the match off……BUT, if I do beat you…then Garvin's title is on the line, how about that?"

Eric: "All I have to do is go five minutes without you beating me?? Hell, I could last five minutes with King Kong without him catching me to beat me….you're on!"

Piper: (taking off his kilt) "No time like the present son, let's do it right now!"

Embry grudgingly agrees and matchmaker Frank Dusek comes out and says he's good with it.

MATCH #2:

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Embry spends a couple of minutes getting in and out of the ring and staying away from Piper who couldn't get his hands on him….as the fans were getting frustrated…. Embry was starting to back away from the ring up the aisle when from out of nowhere, he was grabbed by Bad News Allen who tossed him into the ring….Embry turns around to yell at Bad News which allows Piper to school boy him from behind with a 1-2-3!! Piper will get a shot at Garvin's TV title at Starrcade!!!

COMMERCIAL

MATCH #3

Sir David Sammartino w/Lord Alfred Hayes pinned Mr. Olympia with his feet on the ropes

(Marc Lowrance is joined by Fritz Von Erich)

Marc: "Fritz, this has all come together very quickly but you have some of the top wrestlers in the world coming in to compete for the NWA North American Championship this week in the big tournament in Houston."

Fritz: "If you are anywhere near Houston, Texas on December 14th and 15th you would be crazy not to be there to witness this tournament which is going to be huge. Then on the 22nd, we have some amazing talent competing to become the NWA World Lightheavyweight Champion."

Marc: "We'll be running down the full card at the end of the show here tonight but right now lets' hear from a man who has to be a favorite in this tournament, the one and only Terry Funk!"

(Terry Funk is seen getting out of a pick up truck at the 'Double Cross Ranch' in Amarillo)

funk.jpg

Funk: "You know I've had some hard fought battles this year with guys like Magnum TA and I held the NWA United States Championship for a long, long time. I've fought in the Mid-Atlantic, up in Canada and all points in between…..but when my brother Dory Funk Jr called me and told me that Fritz Von Erich was back in Texas and I had the opportunity to not only come back home…..but come back home and fight for a championship that would put me once step closer to my goal and that's once again becoming the NWA World Champion. I don't care if it's Ric Flair wearing that belt, Ricky Martel wearing that belt, or any other wrestler you can name…..1986 will be my year…and I will once again be the NWA World Champion and that road begins in Houston, Texas on December 14th when I win the NWA North American Championship no matter who I have to go through to do it!"

Mercer: "Tune in next week fans when we will bring you full match from Thanksgiving Star Wars where Rick Martel defeated Harley Race to win the WCCW World Championship which will now be unified with the NWA World Championship when Ric Flair takes on Rick Martel at Starrcade!"

COMMERCIAL

MATCH #4:

"Iceman" King Parsons pinned Sammy Hall after the "Butt Butt"

Hype video for the Mighty Kokina shows highlights of Kokina destroying a variety of opponents in MACW and ends with a graphic saying "The Mighty Kokina debuts at WCCW Christmas Star Wars!

greatkokina.jpg

MATCH #5

Main Event

Grudge Match

World Class Six Man Tag Team Championship

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts) defeated The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) & Luscious Johnny Valiant when Buddy Roberts pinned Valiant after a swinging neckbreaker. After the match and the Freebirds left the ring, Johnny V staggered to his feet and started berating the Moondogs asking them why they let him get beat….Valiant gets carried away and slaps Spot in the face….Spot punches Valiant who staggers into Rex who picks him up and powerslams him! The Moondogs put the boots to him then turn and leave as the fans cheer!

(Promo airs giving the line up for 12/14)

NWA North American Championship Tournament Round 1

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Saturday Dec 14, 1985

Bell time- 7pm

Round 1:

Dory Funk Jr.

Vs.

The Spoiler w/Percival Pringle III

Kevin Von Erich

Vs.
"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert w/Missy Hyatt

"Freebird" Terry Gordy

Vs.

Sir David Sammartino w/Lord Alfred Hayes

Mr. Wrestling II

Vs.

Terry Funk

Sting w/Missy Hyatt

Vs.

"Freebird" Michael P.S. Hayes

"Modern Day Warrior"

Kerry Von Erich

Vs.

The Grappler

NWA Texas Champion
Bad News Allen

Vs.

World Class TV Champion

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious

Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.

"Iceman" King Parsons

© 1985 Southwest Sports Inc.

NWANorthAmericanBelt1.jpg

NWA North American Championship Tournament Round 1 (Night 1)

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Saturday Dec 14, 1985

Bell time- 7pm

Round 1:

The Spoiler w/Percival Pringle III defeated Dory Funk Jr. thanks to interference from Pringle

Kevin Von Erich pinned "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert w/Missy Hyatt with a flying cross body off the top rope

"Freebird" Terry Gordy pinned Sir David Sammartino w/Lord Alfred Hayes after a running powerslam

Terry Funk defeated Mr. Wrestling II with a spinning toe hold

Sting w/Missy Hyatt defeated "Freebird" Michael P.S. Hayes when Eddie Gilbert distracted Hayes allowing Sting to get the win

"Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich pinned The Grappler w/Percival Pringle III with the "Discus Punch"

NWA Texas Champion Bad News Allen pinned "Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Missy Hyatt after a "Ghetto Blaster"

Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III defeated "Iceman" King Parsons

After this match, The Fabulous Freebirds come to ringside. Michael Hayes says after Eddie Gilbert cost him his match with Sting earlier the 'Birds want revenge and they want it TONIGHT!!

Eddie Gilbert says the only way they are getting a match tonight is if they put those WCCW World Six Man titles on the line…..Gordy says, "Get your ass in here and just try to take these belts, boy!"

IMPROMPTU MAIN EVENT

WCCW World Six Man Tag Team Championship

Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Sting/Gilbert/Rogers) w/Hyatt & Ted Arcidi defeated the Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts) when Gilbert pinned Roberts after Arcidi hit Buddy with Missy's loaded purse while Missy distracted referee Rick Hazard

12930860_1125446194142321_1102265636_n.j

NWA North American Championship Tournament (Night 2)

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Sunday Dec 15, 1985

Bell time- 5pm

Round 2:

Kevin Von Erich pinned The Spoiler w/Percival Pringle III with a small package

Terry Funk defeated "Freebird" Terry Gordy by forfeit due to Eddie Gilbert throwing a fireball into Gordy's face while he was on his way down the aisle coming to the ring. Terry Funk was not at all happy about Gilbert's interference and chased him down the aisle before being announced the winner.

"Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich defeated Sting w/Missy Hyatt with the 'Iron Claw'

Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III pinned Bad News Allen with a handful of tights

SEMI-FINALS

Kevin Von Erich pinned Terry Funk with a backslide…..to the surprise of many in attendance, Terry Funk accepted Kevin's offer of a handshake afterwards.

Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III defeated Kerry Von Erich thanks to interference from his tag team championship partner The Grappler

FINALS

NWA North American Championship

Kevin Von Erich defeated Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III after The Grappler tried to interfere but was stopped by Kerry Von Erich, and then Percy Pringle tried to interfere but was stopped by Terry Funk!

kevin%2Bvon%2Berich.jpg

"Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich defeated Sting w/Missy Hyatt with the 'Iron Claw'

I would have LOVED to see that contest.
Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III defeated Kerry Von Erich thanks to interference from his tag team championship partner The Grappler
This is what I was saying before about putting over Studd in a big way.
Kevin Von Erich defeated Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III after The Grappler tried to interfere but was stopped by Kerry Von Erich, and then Percy Pringle tried to interfere but was stopped by Terry Funk!
I like seeing Funk in this role because at any point in time he could go back on the Von Erichs. I personally have more of a fondness for Kerry than Kevin so that would be my only drawback from the tournament and seeing Kerry triumph over Studd after Studd beat up his "smaller" brother Kevin makes for a story to be told down the line.

Honestly, the original plan was for Kerry to win but Kerry got booked on the Starrcade card Christmas night and I needed the North American title defended at the Christmas Star Wars card in Dallas so I piveted to Kevin getting the title instead.

Absolutely... the best part about that is the realism of booking within the NWA and then making those pivots. I don't think there's anything wrong with Kevin... he is a star without a doubt. Always something to build from down the line if needed.

By the way I still want to see the Funk and Gordy match

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 12/19 Airing on Friday 12/20 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

Highlights of Kevin Von Erich winning the NWA North American Championship tournament, followed by the opening montage, we then go to our host Bill Mercer

Mercer: "Hello and welcome once again to World Class Championship Wrestling sanctioned by the NWA. We just saw highlights of the tournament in Houston, Texas where Kevin Von Erich came out victorious to become the new NWA North American Heavyweight Champion! We'll be hearing from Kevin later on in this program…(enter "Playboy" Gary Hart). Fans, I've been joined by none other than Gary Hart…Mr. Hart I don't have you listed to be here this evening."

Hart: "Yet, here I am all the same. You see, Mr. Mercer the reason I am here is simple…..I don't like the Von Erichs….never have….never will. I've been pondering a return to Texas but with Kevin Von Erich winning that North American Championship it seemed to me like a prime time to return and take that title away from him."

Mercer: "You? You personally are going to step in the ring and take the title from Kevin Von Erich?"

Hart: "While the idea of that is nowhere near as absurd as you try to make it seem, Mr. Mercer….NO! I will not be stepping into the ring to take the title from lil Kevin Von Erich. I have a man who is more than capable of taking that title from him…..a man that Kevin Von Erich was never able to beat for the UWF Championship this past year…..if you don't know who this man is….you will find out a little later on tonight!"

MATCH #1:

Mr. Olympia defeated Will Owens with a sleeperhold

(Marc Lowrance approaches Olympia at ringside-post match)

Marc: "Mr. Olympia, at Christmas Day Star Wars you have the opportunity for revenge on a man you've had many battles with throughout 1985….David Sammartino."

Olympia: "Not only do I get a chance at revenge…..but I get the chance to run him completely out of the state of Texas! I intend to not only run Sammartino out of Texas, but that jerk Alfred Hayes as well!"

COMMERCIAL

(Bill Mercer is joined by Shane Douglas)

Mercer: "I'm joined by Shane Douglas who has made his way here to World Class Championship Wrestling and this Tuesday in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma you will be competing against some of the top Lightheavyweights in the World to crown the new NWA World Lightheavyweight Champion."

Douglas: "That's right Mr. Mercer, it's a huge honor having only been competing in the wrestling business for a short time to get the opportunity to compete for a World Championship, some guys go their whole career without getting this type of opportunity and you can bet I will make the very most of it! My mentor Mr. Wrestling II has been in the gym with me working overtime and I've got a tough opponent in the first round taking on Pat Tanaka from the AWA and I hope to walk out of OKC with that championship belt!"

Mercer: "But before we get to Oklahoma City, right here tonight you and Mr. Wrestling 2 get the chance to earn a shot at the North American tag team champions in a Four Corners Match tonight in our Main Event."

Douglas: "We sure do, competing against three of the top teams in wrestling and I'm looking forward to taking on the Funk Brothers for sure."

COMMERCIAL FOR NWA STARRCADE '85

(Badstreet USA plays over the PA as Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts make their way to ringside to join Marc Lowrance)

Marc: "Michael, I know you guys have signed for a rematch for the WCCW World Six Man Tag Team Championship against Hot Stuff/Hyatt International at Christmas Day Wrestling Star Wars, but Eddie Gilbert hit Terry Gordy in the face with a fireball in Houston and I see 'Bam Bam' is not here tonight."

Hayes: "Yeah, 'Bam Bam' took a fireball to the face from that low life coward Eddie Gilbert….and no he's not here tonight but mark my words Marc Lowrance, Brother 'Bam Bam' will be in Reunion Arena on Christmas night and there's nothing those clowns can do to ANY of the Freebirds to keep us down! Now, take a look at what Buddy 'Jack' and myself can do on our own, then just imagine how much trouble those guys will be in when Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy joins us at Christmas Star Wars….the only thing worse than coming to Badstreet, Marc Lowrance….is when Badstreet…comes to you! Get ready Gilbert, Sting, and Rip Rogers….because you boys are in for the longest night of your lives!"

MATCH #2:

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Roberts) defeated Jed Johnson/Phil Wilson when Hayes pinned Wilson after a 'Running Bulldog'…..after the match Gilbert slid in the ring and tried to hit Hayes with a fireball but hit Jed Johnson instead, Hayes and Roberts chased Gilbert up the aisle and out of the arena!

COMMERCIAL

(We return from the break with "Flamboyant" Eric Embry at ringside with Marc Lowrance)

Embry: "Everybody saw last week when I had Roddy Piper right where I wanted him….moments from pinning his shoulders to the mat and cancelling the Starrcade match between Piper and your Television Champion "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin when that no good snake in the grass Bad News Allen came out here and cost me the biggest match of my career! You all saw it, I would have beaten Piper if it wasn't for his blatant interference. It was an absolute disgrace and I want Bad News Allen fined, suspended, and possibly jailed for his actions here on television last week!"

(Frank Dusek comes to ringside)

Dusek: "Eric, Fritz and I have reviewed the tape…..I don't know if I agree with everything you just said but there's no doubt that Bad News did interfere in your match last week. Now we could fine him…..we could even suspend him….I don't think there's grounds to jail him….however, we've chosen to take another course of action that I think you being a 'man's man' such as you are should appreciate. We're going to give you an opportunity to get revenge on Bad News….not only get revenge on Bad News…but the opportunity to take his Texas Championship in a match on Christmas night."

Embry: "Listen, I appreciate that chance for revenge…I really do….and any other time I would beat Bad News within an inch of his life…and sure it would be nice to wrestle on Starrcade but I'll be busy being in Jimmy Garvin's corner that night when he fights Roddy Piper."

Dusek: "Umm Eric, No one said anything about you fighting Bad News at Starrcade….You won't be in Jimmy Garvin's corner in Greensboro because you will be in DALLAS, TEXAS fighting Bad News Brown at Christmas Day Wrestling Star Wars…..Now enough talking, you've got a match with another man who will be competing in the Lightheavyweight title tournament….'Superstar' Bill Dundee!"

MATCH #3:

"Superstar" Bill Dundee pinned "Flamboyant" Eric Embry with a school boy roll up when Bad News Allen came to ringside and distracted Embry causing him to get pinned

A highlight video of the Mighty Kokina is shown showing clips of Kokina destroying various wrestlers in the ring in Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling…followed by a graphic stating "The Mighty Kokina makes his WCCW debut at Christmas Wrestling Star Wars!"

(Gary Hart is standing in the ring after the Kokina promo)

Hart: "It is my distinct pleasure to introduce to you the man who has Kevin Von Erich's number, the man Kevin Von Erich can't beat and the man Kevin Von Erich will be too much of a coward to face on Christmas Day in Reunion Arena….THE UNIVERSAL HEARTTHROB AUSTIN IDOL!!"

MATCH #4:

"Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol w/"Playboy" Gary Hart defeated Chris Kilgore by submission with the 'Las Vegas Leglock'

(Kevin Von Erich comes to the ring post match and grabs a mic)

Kevin: "Gary Hart….you're in luck, I need a challenger for Christmas Star Wars and I'd like nothing better than to step in the ring with Austin Idol and defend this title…..challenge accepted!"

Hype videos for Christmas Day Stars and Starrcade

MATCH #5:

Main Event

Four Corners Match- 1 Fall

Winners get a North American Tag Team Title Shot on Christmas Day at Christmas Star Wars!

The Funks (Terry/Dory Jr) defeated The Moondogs (Spot/Rex)/Shane Douglas & Mr. Wrestling II/The Desperados (Ron Bass/Killer Brooks) when Terry Funk pinned Killer Tim Brooks after a piledriver

© 1985 Southwest Sports Inc. sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance

WCCW Christmas Star Wars

Reunion Arena

Dallas, TX.

Wednesday December 25, 1985

Bell Time: 4pm

MAIN EVENT

NWA North American Heavyweight Championship

Kevin Von Erich

Vs.

"Universal Heartthrob"

Austin Idol w/"Playboy" Gary Hart

NWA North American Tag Team Championship

The Pringle Dynasty (Big John Studd/The Grappler)

w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.

The Funks (Terry/Dory Jr)

WCCW World Six Man Tag Team Championship

Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Gilbert/Sting/Rogers) w/Missy Hyatt

Vs.

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts)

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship

Bad News Allen

Vs.

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry

Loser Leaves Texas

Sir David Sammartino w/Lord Alfred Hayes

Vs.

Mr. Olympia

Mil Mascaras

Vs.

Shane Douglas w/Mr. Wrestling II

"Iceman" King Parsons