WWE TV 11th - 17th December 2017

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4405 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:23 PM

Maybe this is unfair but can it really be a coincidence that since the brand split, the worst show by far is always the one where Kevin Owens is pushed as the top heel?

Not unfair, really. The whole JeriKO -> New Face of America -> KO/Zayn storylines were a drag.

The highlight of KO's last two years was the Festival of Friendship segment, and that's it.

how did you feel about the Vince headbutting segment?

#22 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4765 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:48 PM

I love that the side effect of Brock not being around is a top tier group of the Sheild, The Bar, and Samoa Mother Fucking Joe tearing it up. RAW on Hulu was great.
And Im loving the Hardy/ Wyatt stuff. Its hilarious. Whats awesome about it is its Wyatts super serious, intense, professionally shot, crazy shit that even Im getting tired of; and its being countered by Matts wacky , goofy, fun, and apparently shot in front of a wrinkled pool tarp, stuff. Im loving it so far, and if youre tired of Bray this might be the beginning of the end of this version of Bray Wyatt. He seems even sillier when his foes responses are a guy mugging like Jerry Lewis having a stroke.

#23 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 2850 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:49 AM

If does lead to him wrestling I really hope this isn't leading toward Bryan vs Shane at Wrestlemania.   I would like his first match back not be against someone who has no clue where his punches and kicks are going.  At least you knew with Shemaus that you were going to get hit hard and when.  

So apparently the WWE and the Facebook are going to work together and create a "Mixed Match Challenge" which is a tournament featuring mixed tag team tournament with winning getting $100,000 for the team charity of choose.  Don't think they have announced any teams.  Interesting concept  

I'm assuming that they're gonna more than likely pair some real-life couples in the tournament like Rusev/Lana and Naomi/Jimmy Uso. And I'd be stunned if Enzo Amore & Nia Jax weren't paired together given the angle that started last week.

Other than that, I'm also intrigued to see who's gonna win it. I saw that Braun Strowman is in the tournament. Could you imagine a team of Braun & Asuka?

#24 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5590 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:03 AM

Finally got to Roman/Cesaro.  Another in a string of great TV matches for Reigns.  Cesaro's offense really stood out here (as it did for Sheamus against Rollins earlier in the night), but I think I preferred the Jason Jordan match from last week.  It stood out as having and more consistent selling, along with perhaps preferring the transitions and near falls on that night.  Any night where we get a pair of matches like Rollins/Sheamus and Roman/Cesaro is a good one.

#25 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4405 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:41 PM

#26 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

Maybe this is unfair but can it really be a coincidence that since the brand split, the worst show by far is always the one where Kevin Owens is pushed as the top heel?

Not unfair, really. The whole JeriKO -> New Face of America -> KO/Zayn storylines were a drag.

The highlight of KO's last two years was the Festival of Friendship segment, and that's it.

how did you feel about the Vince headbutting segment?

Vince as usual brings out entertaining stuff. However, unlike when he was involved in the feud vs Roman, I didn't feel that KO got time to shine as much.

#27 TonyPulis'Cap

TonyPulis'Cap
  • Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:00 AM

The commentary for the main event on Smackdown this week was way more interesting than the match (although given how much they were shouting over the top of it, it was hard to tell if there might have been a decent match going on). Taking away thinking about it in terms of a Daniel Bryan heel turn, or the story line, he was really letting rip at Byron at times, whose comebacks were basically, "well if it didn't happen in WWE then it doesn't count or even exist" and "I believe what my boss tells me 100% without any independent thought as that's what make a good employee". Or something like that. Byron very much being the voice of corporate WWE in the exchanges.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users