Pro Wrestling Only

Clash of Champions 2017

KawadaSmile

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously there is no way to tell who was the heel in that one. Shane screwed Zayn with a screw job 2 count and then Bryan screwed Orton with a past count.

And like I said, I would hate for Bryan first match back be against someone who has no idea where his punches and kicks are going. Did you see AJ Styles face after WM last year

So the crowd in Boston was dead much of the way and I can't blame them given everything that's happened since the opener. But AJ Styles killed himself, working a smart match along the way and bumping his ribs in every imaginable way, including many that didn't require a whole lot of help from Jinder. Throw in the early work on the leg to set up the Calf Crusher finish and this was a pretty damn good match. Easily Jinder's best.

***1/4

I forgot there was a PPV and ended up cherry-picking what I watched.

- Mojo vs. Ryder was nothing special, but man, Mojo is a much better heel than I expected. He reminds me of the crazed psychopath jock type.

- I was kind of expecting Ziggler to win the U.S. Title in the match between him, Bobby Roode, and Baron Corbin, but make no mistake, it's still a surprising result. Otherwise, I can't bring myself to care about any of the three.

- Rusev Day is fun, and I'm glad English is getting something, but I can't help but think he'd be nowhere without Rusev (even though he's more than carrying his fair share) and Rusev deserves to be much higher on the totem pole than this.

- I mostly skipped the women's match. What was with Nattie's meltdown and mouth at the end? Did she get busted open during the match?

- The KO-Sami vs. Orton-Nakamura match was nothing special from an in-ring standpoint, but it was great sports-entertainment. What's with Orton's hair though? And Nakamura seems to be moving at half-speed. While watching Nakamura against Sami Zayn tonight, it really dawned on me - not for the first time - that Nak's entire main roster run has been such a disappointment compared to his hot NXT debut against Zayn.

- I skipped most of AJ vs. "That Indian Guy." Did I miss out? Maybe. But I don't care about the match or feud. I supported Jinder's reign but it got exhausting. I love AJ's matches, but I'm ready for him to move on to something else.

- Imagine if Dolph Ziggler had been the one to end Mahal's reign. I know I sound crazy advocating for that over the reign we currently have with the MVP of WWE, AJ Styles, but hear me out! Yes, Ziggler is tired, stale, and no longer means anything - but a surprise win over the then-dominant Jinder would have been a genuine feel good moment and heated Ziggler right back up. His U.S. Title win feels like a meaningless consolation prize because the U.S. Title in general is pretty meaningless. It was cool during the Cena Open Challenge and KO Face of America reigns, but I haven't cared about the title otherwise since the WCW days.