Did you see his face just from waving his arms after Orton hit a DDT?
Clash of Champions 2017
Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:33 PM
Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:45 PM
Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:47 PM
So the crowd in Boston was dead much of the way and I can't blame them given everything that's happened since the opener. But AJ Styles killed himself, working a smart match along the way and bumping his ribs in every imaginable way, including many that didn't require a whole lot of help from Jinder. Throw in the early work on the leg to set up the Calf Crusher finish and this was a pretty damn good match. Easily Jinder's best.
Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:49 PM
Definitely Jinder's best match in the WWE and not because Styles carried him either.
Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:55 PM
Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:39 PM
And I loved the tag four way. My nephew was going crazy for it, Rusev and English are awesome and Gable became a star.
Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:31 PM
I forgot there was a PPV and ended up cherry-picking what I watched.
- Mojo vs. Ryder was nothing special, but man, Mojo is a much better heel than I expected. He reminds me of the crazed psychopath jock type.
- I was kind of expecting Ziggler to win the U.S. Title in the match between him, Bobby Roode, and Baron Corbin, but make no mistake, it's still a surprising result. Otherwise, I can't bring myself to care about any of the three.
- Rusev Day is fun, and I'm glad English is getting something, but I can't help but think he'd be nowhere without Rusev (even though he's more than carrying his fair share) and Rusev deserves to be much higher on the totem pole than this.
- I mostly skipped the women's match. What was with Nattie's meltdown and mouth at the end? Did she get busted open during the match?
- The KO-Sami vs. Orton-Nakamura match was nothing special from an in-ring standpoint, but it was great sports-entertainment. What's with Orton's hair though? And Nakamura seems to be moving at half-speed. While watching Nakamura against Sami Zayn tonight, it really dawned on me - not for the first time - that Nak's entire main roster run has been such a disappointment compared to his hot NXT debut against Zayn.
- I skipped most of AJ vs. "That Indian Guy." Did I miss out? Maybe. But I don't care about the match or feud. I supported Jinder's reign but it got exhausting. I love AJ's matches, but I'm ready for him to move on to something else.
- Imagine if Dolph Ziggler had been the one to end Mahal's reign. I know I sound crazy advocating for that over the reign we currently have with the MVP of WWE, AJ Styles, but hear me out! Yes, Ziggler is tired, stale, and no longer means anything - but a surprise win over the then-dominant Jinder would have been a genuine feel good moment and heated Ziggler right back up. His U.S. Title win feels like a meaningless consolation prize because the U.S. Title in general is pretty meaningless. It was cool during the Cena Open Challenge and KO Face of America reigns, but I haven't cared about the title otherwise since the WCW days.
Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:50 AM
Damn, all of this really underlines how much this company is dead to me right now. Even watching AJ, whom I love and think he's one of the best ever, just won't do it because I have zero interest in having him carry dull loads of nothing. The idea that Shane O Mac is still the focal point of the main event scene is grotesque. I guess I could watch the multi-tag match which sounds fun and Charlotte because she's Charlotte (and I don't mind Natalya at all), but there's not much cherry to pick anymore right now… I'm more excited about rewatching World War III with Schiavone's podcast comments at this point.
Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:51 AM
Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:10 AM
Barely watched any of this show as what I saw was pretty dull. I will say that I while I had been all-in on a Mojo face push, he's been terrific as a heel. He was one of the biggest missed opportunities this year and hopefully they rectify that next year. A.J.-Jinder wasn't as good as their match on SDL but was still solid. A.J. continues to make his case as one of the greatest of all-time by getting the most out of any mediocre act. I give Jinder credit for really trying to make his run as champ work, but I'm so happy we're done with this main event run.
Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:23 AM
Co-signing what Boss said about Mojo. Loved him as a face, but he completely blew me away as a heel.
He is going to be one of the company's best acts by 2019.
Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:01 PM
Styles-Mahal was excellent. In AJ we trust.
TESTIFY MY BRUTHA!!!
Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:13 PM
The Rock at least worse a shirt after cycling off and having surgery. Jinder is loud and proud during the Wellness Era. The back acne, the gyno, etc. Its amazing he hasn't failed any test. Perhaps he is not being tested or has TUE?
Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:31 PM
He's probably taking things that aren't being detected by their tests. It's always been a cat and mouse game with new things being formulated that escape detection and tests being adjusted to (try) to catch them.
It's long been stated that to fail a drug test you either have to be very unlucky, stupid about your cycles, or just don't give a shit about getting caught. I'm wondering if now that the India Experiment seems to be over, what will happen now.
Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:39 PM
So, I watched that 4-tag-team match. Since I'm not following the product closely at this point, I learned a few things :
_Aidan English has got an amazing voice.
_Rusev is over as fuck. Why isn't he pushed as a main event act with Lana back at his side ? Crazy.
_After the failure of American Alpha, Chad Gable is now teaming with.... Shelton Benjamin ? Ok. I'm afraid to guess why... He's still awesome though, these suplexes were god-like.
Fun match mostly thanks to the final sprint, but clusterfucky as hell and sloppy at points too.
And then, Charlotte vs Natalya was ok but the ridiculous gimmick (at least they didn't call them lumberjills, but a ring "surrounded" by like 8 people really looks stupid) made it worse. The post-match promo by Natalya was brutal. Charlotte is sadly not looking special anymore when booked in heatless mid-card feuds like this.
The Bludgeon Brothers comes off as such an awful gimmick too, with the idiotic promo after the match. Why does everything has to be cute and silly ? Too bad for Harper, who really could be pushed as a single. Plus they really look like Random Savage Guys Team, really.
I'm wondering if now that the India Experiment seems to be over, what will happen now.
He'll be depushed, gain some weight and just be a random ugly & crappy Canadian wrestler with awful skin. Basically, he'll be Rick Bogner.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users