Pro Wrestling Only

Clash of Champions 2017

KawadaSmile

Damn, all of this really underlines how much this company is dead to me right now. Even watching AJ, whom I love and think he's one of the best ever, just won't do it because I have zero interest in having him carry dull loads of nothing. The idea that Shane O Mac is still the focal point of the main event scene is grotesque. I guess I could watch the multi-tag match which sounds fun and Charlotte because she's Charlotte (and I don't mind Natalya at all), but there's not much cherry to pick anymore right now… I'm more excited about rewatching World War III with Schiavone's podcast comments at this point.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the double ref tag. Just a good old school wrestling style angle-match. One of the better writers must be in charge of that storyline because pretty much everything else here is uninspired. I couldnt even be bothered to watch the main, even though I love AJ, because who the fuck cares about Jinder challenging after he's lost every match for the last month

Barely watched any of this show as what I saw was pretty dull. I will say that I while I had been all-in on a Mojo face push, he's been terrific as a heel. He was one of the biggest missed opportunities this year and hopefully they rectify that next year. A.J.-Jinder wasn't as good as their match on SDL but was still solid. A.J. continues to make his case as one of the greatest of all-time by getting the most out of any mediocre act. I give Jinder credit for really trying to make his run as champ work, but I'm so happy we're done with this main event run.

He's probably taking things that aren't being detected by their tests. It's always been a cat and mouse game with new things being formulated that escape detection and tests being adjusted to (try) to catch them.

It's long been stated that to fail a drug test you either have to be very unlucky, stupid about your cycles, or just don't give a shit about getting caught. I'm wondering if now that the India Experiment seems to be over, what will happen now.

So, I watched that 4-tag-team match. Since I'm not following the product closely at this point, I learned a few things :

_Aidan English has got an amazing voice.

_Rusev is over as fuck. Why isn't he pushed as a main event act with Lana back at his side ? Crazy.

_After the failure of American Alpha, Chad Gable is now teaming with.... Shelton Benjamin ? Ok. I'm afraid to guess why... He's still awesome though, these suplexes were god-like.

Fun match mostly thanks to the final sprint, but clusterfucky as hell and sloppy at points too.

And then, Charlotte vs Natalya was ok but the ridiculous gimmick (at least they didn't call them lumberjills, but a ring "surrounded" by like 8 people really looks stupid) made it worse. The post-match promo by Natalya was brutal. Charlotte is sadly not looking special anymore when booked in heatless mid-card feuds like this.

The Bludgeon Brothers comes off as such an awful gimmick too, with the idiotic promo after the match. Why does everything has to be cute and silly ? Too bad for Harper, who really could be pushed as a single. Plus they really look like Random Savage Guys Team, really.

I'm wondering if now that the India Experiment seems to be over, what will happen now.

He'll be depushed, gain some weight and just be a random ugly & crappy Canadian wrestler with awful skin. Basically, he'll be Rick Bogner.