Pro Wrestling Only

Show of the Year 2017

concrete1992

So far so good on these topics. I am expecting less about this one but we will see.

Not even sure what a front runner for WWE looks like. Same for NJPW I guess.

My vote would be for wXw AMBITION if I was shooting off the cuff. Great tournament. Moved at a good clip. Sort of wish there was a fun superfight to break things up. No wrestler put in a bad shift.

LET ME HERE YOUR CONTENDERS FOR SHOW OF THE YEAR 2017!

Some contenders:

Wrestle Kingdom: First half has the Young Bucks vs Roppongi Vice tag which is good and then the second half at the very least has four compelling matches for the New Japan faithful and a majority of casual fans alike.

EVOLVE 77: Really the last glory day of EVOLVE as one of the best promotions in the world IMO. A wonderful mix of styles from the Hero farewell to the Riddle/DUSTIN street fight. No match on this show was ranked less than ***1/4 for me.

DDT Judgement: The biggest show in their history and they delivered an array of every facet that makes the promotion tick capping in the best match within the promotion in 2017

NXT Takeover: Wargames : Even though the Wargames match itself wasn't my cup of tea, it still was a big time spectacle and the card again had very little fat to it.

I'd go Takeover: Brooklyn - partially biased by being there live, but it was such a great night, everything delivered, Asuka-Moon was so great live. Big fan of Shug's Hoose Party Night 2 from ICW. CMLL had a fun Anniversario even though it didn't have marquee matches. OTT had some of the most fun shows of the year to watch.