Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-10-19-WWF-Smackdown] Edge & Christian & X-Pac vs Matt & Jeff Hardy & Chris Jericho

soup23

We get clips of the Conquistadors winning the battle royal to become the #1 contenders. They perform a promo backstage and sound pretty Canadian eh? Funny stuff. The match is fine but I thought the ending was one of the biggest mis steps in WWF this year. Austin arrives raising hell and he comes down to the ring with a chair that he delivers chair shots to everyone. This was worst than Taker burying everyone when he came back as it made all of the talent look like mid range acts here. The most egregious offense was him slamming the chair against Jericho. If this would have led somewhere, great but Jericho has been positioned as the #2 face of the brand with Austin gone and did a great job so seeing him associated with everyone else in the chair shot brigade enraged me. Austin should have done this to Lo Down and RTC or somebody. *1/2

• 3 months later...

I actually don't think this was quite as bad as the Undertaker squashes, but it's still definitely indicative of the way the WWF treated anyone below the very top as cannon fodder at times, which would bite them quite a bit when they tried to transition those guys up the card.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-10-19-WWF-Smackdown] Edge & Christian & X-Pac vs Matt & Jeff Hardy & Chris Jericho