Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/25 - 12/31

KawadaSmile

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God damn Rusev is over! Push him!

Those chants of "RUSEV DAY" were deafening. And we all thought that he would never recover from the Cena program.

You mean the Ziggler program, right? Losing to the ace of the company is still a much better program than whatever was that feud with Ziggler.

I actually heard more people complain about his program with Cena than his program with Ziggler. But yeah, you're right.

God damn Rusev is over! Push him!

Those chants of "RUSEV DAY" were deafening. And we all thought that he would never recover from the Cena program.

You mean the Ziggler program, right? Losing to the ace of the company is still a much better program than whatever was that feud with Ziggler.

I actually heard more people complain about his program with Cena than his program with Ziggler. But yeah, you're right.

People complained because they wanted him to beat Cena and in hindsight, they could have had a special top heel on their hands if he won that feud. But really, there's no issue in an upper midcard guy getting built up strong for months and losing to the ace at the big show. It's wrestling 101. WWE's issue for a long time has been the follow up. Plus, there was all that weird shit of them supposedly trying to break Lana and Rusev up by splitting the act and pairing her with others etc.

Paige got injured in a house show tonight; it was a 6-person tag and it had to be stopped due to her injury. She walked out on her own from what PWI reports. Hopefully it is nothing serious because I have liked the Absolution angle so far. It's not been perfect but it has shown definite promise imo.

Sounds like she took a kick in the back from Sasha Banks and got a stinger, but after her neck problems it's good they are being careful. Hopefully she'll be back in the ring at least by the Rumble.

SmackDown was a fun show this week but I'm begging them to utilize their roster. The shows have fallen off a cliff since this year's draft and part of the problem is they're so repetitive. It's a stark contrast to 2016 SmackDown.

SmackDown MIA report:

Ascension haven't wrestled on TV since October (but at least they're involved in storylines)

Mike Kanellis has wrestled on TV 5 times since debuting in July (3 of those matches were in July).

Once or twice a year they remember they have Sin Cara on the payroll, then they forget about him again.

Mojo Rawley turned heel weeks ago and has had absolutely zero TV presence outside of one pre-show match.

Zack Ryder just kind of exists.

The Colons: Primo started working house shows in September after getting hurt over the summer. Not sure what's happening there.

Tye Dillinger wasn't used since October before last night.

Becky Lynch should be back from filming soon so at least there's that. I'm not even a fan of all these guys. I just don't understand the point in benching that much talent when the shows are this stale.

Mike Kanellis has wrestled on TV 5 times since debuting in July (3 of those matches were in July).

Amazing.

When is Maria scheduled to deliver ? And then how much time will they let her before calling her back on TV (I guess once she'll get in "WWE shape"), as obviously they wanted her rather than him.

Amazing.

When is Maria scheduled to deliver ? And then how much time will they let her before calling her back on TV (I guess once she'll get in "WWE shape"), as obviously they wanted her rather than him.

This could easily make something out of the situation since his gimmick is a love-sick puppy. Have him start a countdown. Have them baby-talk to each other on Skype. Follow him on a Baby's R' Us trip.

There's plenty of room for those kind of acts.

Mike Kanellis was clearly a package deal with Maria and once she got pregnant I think that derailed whatever plans they had for them. Whether or not he'll ever recover and get back in the mix, I have no idea but considering WWE paid for Mike's rehab stint and Maria is getting a very extended paternity leave I'd say they aren't doing bad from a financial standpoint.

Agreed that SDL hasn't been the same since the Superstar Shakeup. Prior to that, the initial draft run was top notch. One thing that stood out on Raw this week is they used just about the entire roster. It was Christmas but still had all the top guys in addition to the lower guys like Hawkins, Slater & Rhyno, and a brief skit with Goldust.

Paige got injured in a house show tonight; it was a 6-person tag and it had to be stopped due to her injury. She walked out on her own from what PWI reports. Hopefully it is nothing serious because I have liked the Absolution angle so far. It's not been perfect but it has shown definite promise imo.

Sounds like she took a kick in the back from Sasha Banks and got a stinger, but after her neck problems it's good they are being careful. Hopefully she'll be back in the ring at least by the Rumble.

There's a GIF of the spot making its way around Twitter now, I don't know if she wasn't expecting the kick or Sasha put something extra on it, but it was kind of sickening seeing someone who's just back from neck surgery have their head whip like that. She was shaking her arm after like it was a stinger, but she tried getting up and fell down like Austin did after the botched piledriver so that's probably where the "it's not as bad as it looked in the ring" is coming from.

I don't know, I was there Tuesday and I still love SD. Vince wants to build a main event scene for a national TV show around AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, and Daniel Bryan, I'm not fighting him. The tag scene is on fire, this Rusev love is crazy. I have faith they'll do something with Mojo since he has so many things they like, it would be weird if a talented big guy with famous friends couldn't catch a break. I actually like Roode and Ziggler. The Fashion Files/Ascension stuff feels like Ryan Ward writing out of the old NXT days. Bludgeon Brothers are so absurdly old school but I enjoy it. The 2 hours goes by so fast after sitting through Raw. I'm very grateful that there's still a mainstream American wrestling show I can regularly look forward to and enjoy.

I'm with Sean here. I know most aren't liking Owens and Sami on top on SD but I dig their act. Yeah it's probably too much comedy but Sami is just amazingly annoying in a good way. And any show with so many tag teams in the mix is going to get over big with me. And I'm a sucker for tournaments

I love their act, but I just have a hard time enjoying Owens matches at this point.

RE: the tag teams, I kind of wish they’d dump 205 Live for a tag team-only show because they are so loaded with them. However, then I remember how little effort they put into 205.

I feel like a big problem is that they want to show only the wrestlers who are going to be on the next pay per view on Smackdown. Which I understand, but what I dont understand necessarily is having the same wrestlers on every pay per view. What I think might help is if the people who weren't on one pay per view got to be on the next one and cycled out some of the people, then they could also be on smackdown that month leading up to the ppv as well. So it wouldn't be just the same top guys every month, it could be a mix of top guys and lower guys. Then not every match would have to be part of long running feuds, so the few long running feuds you do have would be more special. So maybe one month you have the usos and benjamin/gable wrestling and maybe a dolph ziggler and bobby roode match, then the next month maybe you have the colons and the bludgeon brothers and maybe mojo rawler and tye dillinger.

Here's hoping they realize that Reigns eliminating Rusev from the Royal Rumble match helps no one. I realize they aren't great at adjusting their Wrestlemania plans when someone catches fire around this time of year, but I think it's time to start shoving Rusev to the moon, even if that means Summerslam is where it culminates.

Here's hoping they realize that Reigns eliminating Rusev from the Royal Rumble match helps no one. I realize they aren't great at adjusting their Wrestlemania plans when someone catches fire around this time of year, but I think it's time to start shoving Rusev to the moon, even if that means Summerslam is where it culminates.

It's amazing how much bad booking he's survived and how something as simple as having a guy sing about him has gotten him so over.

Shit, they've been unintentionally booking Rusev like a babyface for years. He had that feud where either Big Show or Mark Henry was disrespecting Russia, so he was wrestling one of them, and the other one interfered and be basically defeated them in a handicap match and then raised his flag in victory at the end.

Hero overcomes two much bigger competitors that were disrespecting his country and triumphantly waves his flag at the end.....that's fucking Hogan booking 101