• 763 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:25 PM

Rusev = money. That is all.

#42 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:50 PM

I feel like a big problem is that they want to show only the wrestlers who are going to be on the next pay per view on Smackdown. Which I understand, but what I dont understand necessarily is having the same wrestlers on every pay per view. What I think might help is if the people who weren't on one pay per view got to be on the next one and cycled out some of the people, then they could also be on smackdown that month leading up to the ppv as well. So it wouldn't be just the same top guys every month, it could be a mix of top guys and lower guys. Then not every match would have to be part of  long running feuds, so the few long running feuds you do have would be more special. So maybe one month you have the usos and benjamin/gable wrestling and maybe a dolph ziggler and bobby roode match, then the next month maybe you have the colons and the bludgeon brothers and maybe mojo rawler and tye dillinger. 

#43 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4887 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:25 AM

I typically hate wrestling shirts but I love that Happy Rusev Day shirt.

#44 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:43 AM

Rusev being the n°1 merch seller right now is the happiest WWE related news I've read in a looong ass time. Tong Po da real MVP.

#45 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43576 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

Here's hoping they realize that Reigns eliminating Rusev from the Royal Rumble match helps no one. I realize they aren't great at adjusting their Wrestlemania plans when someone catches fire around this time of year, but I think it's time to start shoving Rusev to the moon, even if that means Summerslam is where it culminates.

#46 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4887 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:55 PM

Here's hoping they realize that Reigns eliminating Rusev from the Royal Rumble match helps no one. I realize they aren't great at adjusting their Wrestlemania plans when someone catches fire around this time of year, but I think it's time to start shoving Rusev to the moon, even if that means Summerslam is where it culminates.

It's amazing how much bad booking he's survived and how something as simple as having a guy sing about him has gotten him so over.

#47 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:06 PM

Gotta give some credit to English. His main roster career seemed DOA, and without a partner he got stuck with his old singing gimmick. He made that work and now that he has a partner that can enhance his act, he's doing way better.

#48 The Chief

The Chief
  • Members
  • 1599 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:47 PM

I though there was potential in a babyface Rusev run as far back as the Handsome Rusev/Hardbody Mahal stuff. Here's hoping.

#49 Blehschmidt

Blehschmidt
  • Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 04:59 PM

Shit, they've been unintentionally booking Rusev like a babyface for years. He had that feud where either Big Show or Mark Henry was disrespecting Russia, so he was wrestling one of them, and the other one interfered and be basically defeated them in a handicap match and then raised his flag in victory at the end.

Hero overcomes two much bigger competitors that were disrespecting his country and triumphantly waves his flag at the end.....that's fucking Hogan booking 101

#50 Stiva

Stiva
  • Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:06 PM

I've complained about them running Money in the Bank matches at Mania in the past but this year seems like it would be the perfect avenue to run that match and give Rusev a run to the title. So, I'm assuming he'll be squandered on the pre-show

#51 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:08 PM

I've complained about them running Money in the Bank matches at Mania in the past but this year seems like it would be the perfect avenue to run that match and give Rusev a run to the title. So, I'm assuming he'll be squandered on the pre-show

It will be interesting because I’m guessing there’ll only be one of the singing acts on the main show. Though I love Elias, I hope it is Rusev.

#52 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43576 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:58 PM

It seems like the nature of cash-ins usually necessitates a heel win, if only because it's kind of a sneaky thing to do instead of winning the title in a straight up announced match.  There are exceptions, of course.

#53 Kadaveri

Kadaveri
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:21 AM

A face Money in the Bank winner can declare when his title shot will be in advance. Like when John Cena won it and said he'll wrestle for the title on the 1,000th episode of Raw.

I think now would be an opportune time to build to Rusev + English beating The Usos for the tag titles at Mania, and if Rusev's still over after then move him to the title picture by Summerslam.

#54 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:11 AM

Shit, they've been unintentionally booking Rusev like a babyface for years. He had that feud where either Big Show or Mark Henry was disrespecting Russia, so he was wrestling one of them, and the other one interfered and be basically defeated them in a handicap match and then raised his flag in victory at the end.

Hero overcomes two much bigger competitors that were disrespecting his country and triumphantly waves his flag at the end.....that's fucking Hogan booking 101

So many times when he was presented as a heel and all he was doing was sticking up for his wife too.

It would be a shame to ditch English, who has been a great part of the act, but I always thought there was potential for a babyface pairing of Rusev and Lana a la Savage and Elizabeth when he turned face

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users