Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-10-20-CMLL] Tarzan Boy & Atlantis & Emilio Charles Jr vs Shocker & Apolo Dantes & El Satanico

soup23

Just when you think Shocker’s gear can’t get more epic, he says “hold my beer.” TB and him shake hands and Atlantis has had enough and violently shoves him down. Dantes and Satanico join in the attack and they have Atlantis reeling in a brutal submission. They refuse to break and the tecnicos win the first caida by DQ. Meanwhile, TB is dancing on the ramp. Sequnda Caida is more of the same with the rudos whipping ass and Tarzan Boy checking out his hair. Shocker does another great guapo pose walking on his knees flexing his muscles. Atlantis grabs a breather and tries to talk some sense into TB. Emilio does so as well and is ready to fight. Inside, Atlantis hits a great comeback taking out all the rudos. Emilio also comes in all fired up even accidently hitting the referee. They go to tag in TB and he refuses. They have had enough and send TB into the wolves. Satanico, Dantes, Shocker all attack TB and get the quick pin. This booking is tremendous. Final fall time and even that beating didn’t knock any sense into TB. He does a hilarious job of acting hurt when Emilio and Atlantis tell him to get inside. Of course, he meets the devil on his shoulder in Shocker. Shocker and TB seem to be really going after it and then they embrace. This is really layered as it feels like TB has proven his toughness and is good in Shockers book now. However, when he turns his back, Shocker dropkicks him and follows that up with a big dive. This ends the finishing stretch with Emilio flying around and Atlantis getting a big pin on Satanico only for TB to roll in and reverse it giving the rudos the win. Atlantis now beats the shit out of TB. The booking of this feud continues to develop and it seems like it is only a matter of time before TB goes completely to the darkside. ***1/2 (7.1)

• 4 months later...

Firstly, it's always great to see rudos taking delight in dissension in the tecnico ranks. Secondly, I love how Satanico doesn't give a shit about Tarzan Boy being on the fence about turning rudo and attacks him for taking his hair two times. Thirdly, I love how fired up Atlantis is about Tarzan Boy's behaviour. I often hear about how weak Atlantis is on the mic but he seemed fine here. And he was ropeable anytime he was near Tarzan Boy. I don't think their match can possibly live up to my expectations but the build-up has been good.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-10-20-CMLL] Tarzan Boy & Atlantis & Emilio Charles Jr vs Shocker & Apolo Dantes & El Satanico
  • 3 months later...