Pro Wrestling Only

Proposal for 2018: Match Review Trades

Matt D

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of giving another day before randomizing for this week. Some matches just got exchanged in the last day or so. WingedEagle and Edger are both stepping back on this week? Anyone else on or off?

Yes, I'm jumping back on this week.

I'll have my review of the match joeg sent me in a few hours.

Sorry for disappearing I think I owe Edgar a match....

IWRG Prison Fatal with Caristico and Trauma II vs Black Warrior and Mr. Electro

So....I'm trying to find the words exactly on what did I just watch. The only thing I could really compare this is if Vince Russo was given a chance to book a Lucha de Apuesta, that would be precisely what I just witnessed. It didn't take me 5 minutes before I decided to mute the commentary because both guys were really getting on my nerves. Entrances are legit taking the first 5 minutes of the video and while I usually don't mind long-winded entrances, this particularly irks me, for some reason. Looks like I'm getting the gist of the rules of the match as it progresses:

-All 4 men are put in a dog collar to start the match. The chains are linked to the side of the cage.

-There's a ladder in the ring that the luchadores use to climb so they can retrieve a key that will allow them to unlock those dog collars

-And of course, they have to escape the cage with the last guy in there will now presumably get either his head shaved or will have to remove their mask.

The first few minutes aren't really anything to write about as it's spent in the same spots inside the cage because the workers are confined there with the chains. Trauma & Black Warrior are the first to retrieve the keys, followed by Mr.Electro and later Caristico. But before Caristico can even retrieve the key, both Black Warrior & Trauma will escape the cage and it looks like Trauma took a nasty tumble outside the cage. And then, the part that completely confuses me: despite being already out of the cage, Black Warrior decides to jump back in to attack Caristico and Mr. Electro. So, in the end, what normally should've been Caristico losing his mask turned out to be Black Warrior losing his hair.

To be honest, this was my first Lucha de Apuesta that I ever watched. Of course, I realize that this one is particular because of the event but I wouldn't recommend this one to someone having their first look at what is a Lucha de Apuesta. Another example of what often turns me off about some particular Lucha Libre stuff with confusing finishes and bookings.

Thanks anyway for the match, joeg!

Week 17

Richeyedwards is out for a bit. Wingedeagle as well. JoeG is back. Edger is back. Victor is on. IpponDropkick is on.

Random draw says:

Victator

dawho5

DR Ackerman

IpponDropkick

jetlag

AstroBoy

SirEdger

Matt D

shodate

Tim Evans

JoeG

oldbirds

HeadCheese

Nintendo Logic

You know the deal. First and foremost, make sure your partner has a match. I'm hoping to spin for next week Weds Night/Thurs Morning so that's your timeline. Edger, something coming your way ASAP.

For Nintendo Logic

Dinosaur Takuma, Kazumi Kikuta, Kotaro Yoshino and MAO vs. Dick Togo, Ryuji Ito, Sanshiro Takagi and TAKA Michinoku from DDT/BJW Toshikoshi Pro-Wrestling 2017 ~ Toshiwasure! Two Organization Shuffle Tag Tournament.

https://rutube.ru/video/902f77b7fe313883daece655c13497af/

If you to watch the below match more and/or if you are having troubles with Rutube. My other match is the 2008 Pequeño Reyes del Aire Torneo cibernetico with Bam Bam vs. Fantasy vs. Fire vs. Mascarita Dorada vs. Mini Mr. Aguila vs. Pequeno Damian 666 vs. Pequeno Halloween vs. Pequeno Warrior vs. Shockercito vs. Tzuki

Mv

Highly regretting not getting on this sooner. Hoping to join!

If you want I can double up with you.

Wrestling is so stupid and I love it. Johnny Cockstrong with a solid (hehe) enough comedy gimmick for a small time show like this and it was fun to see all the guys sell for his dick. Basically a lot of my-turn-your-turn spots. Josh Thor (currently Oleg the Usurper) didn't wow but his Off With His Head finisher stood out. Matt Marvel spamming power moves was a little boring and repetitive but the match was short enough for it not to drag it down. Overall, short, fun and enjoyable.

There you go then. Two of the more recoginizable WoS guys having a great match. Three parts on youtube.

Thanks

I am giving you one of my favorite matches of all time. Matt says I take leaps of faith on things. I saw a picture of this in PWI and wanted to see it.

Dan Severn vs Tarzan Goto

i found this match fun i always liked Corino and he did not disappoint me here and this match peeked my interest in the other guy i may look him up more thank you for giving me this fine match ***