7/16

WWF Card

Rockers v. Rougeuas

Rude v. Warrior

8/6

Gilbert/Scott Steiner v. Muta/Sullivan in Dragon Shai match

Luger v. Rick Steiner

Funk v. Flair

Wargames Dr. Death/Road Warriors/MX v. SST/Gordy/Hayes/Garvin (WHAT THE FUCK!!)

9/3

Muta v. Sting

Skyscrapers v. Steiners

Luger v. Tommy Rich

Flair v. Funk Texas Death

Road Warriors v. SST Steel Cage

10/8

Pillman v. Gilbert

Skyscrapers v. Road Warriors

Lugar v. Dr. Death

Steiners v. Hayes/Garvin

Flair v. Funk I Quit

11/23

Flair v. Muta

Just for the two additional Flair v. Funk matches and that Wargames man alive

I'd probably pick the spot where one of those massive european tournaments was held. Like Hannover in 1970 - I think the finals of that was Rene Lasartesse vs. Axel Dieter. Something about getting to see top tier wrestlers from all over the world in daily singles matches seems really cool.

Korakuen Hall, 1993.

This.

The benefit of choosing a venue like Korakuen Hall is the diverse footage you'd be able to get... They had a little of everything in he 90's -- some smaller All Japan shows headlined by multi man matches, smaller New Japan shows, UWF-I, IWA Japan, FMW, possibly some Michinoku Pro, etc.

Aslo keep in mind there were days when multiple organizations ran multiple events on a single day in Korakuen.

Edit: Considering the ridiculous amount of footage out there, I don't think there's a lot of footage from Korakuen to be discovered unless its some smaller indy footage or some small New Japan handheld footage, but I'm not sure of any off the top of my head.

Korakuen Hall, 1993.

This.

The benefit of choosing a venue like Korakuen Hall is the diverse footage you'd be able to get... They had a little of everything in he 90's -- some smaller All Japan shows headlined by multi man matches, smaller New Japan shows, UWF-I, IWA Japan, FMW, possibly some Michinoku Pro, etc.

Aslo keep in mind there were days when multiple organizations ran multiple events on a single day in Korakuen.

Exactly. So much fun, so much variety. Also, the Korakuen crowds were always hot as hell back then.

Victoria Pavilion in Calgary, 1964. Sweet Daddy Siki as top heel before a crowd of prairie rednecks would probably be pretty fun

Victoria Pavilion is such a great choice. All most people have ever seen out of Stampede is the tip-of-the-iceberg TV stuff that was used to build up to the Pavilion shows. It would completely change everyone's opinion of Stampede Wrestling if we had a full year of footage of those Pavilion shows available.

Big question is: Which year?

As you say, '64 to see Sweet Daddy Siki as the top heel...

or:

1970, with Abdullah the Butcher and Billy Robinson feuding over the North American Heavyweight Championship...

1980, with young Bret as Champ, and Dyno feuding with Bruce for the Middleweight belt and teaming with various partners against Keith and Bret for the Tag straps...

1979, with Big Daddy Ritter (a/k/a JYD) in the Heavyweight Title mix, Bret and Dyno feuding over the Middleweight straps, and such stars as Leo Burke and Dory Funk Jr. active in the Tag scene...

or that glorious stretch in '82 and '83 where the North American Heavyweight Championship was held by Burke, Bret, Bad News, Bret, Burke, Bret, Bad News and Archie Gouldie.

Personally, I'd probably take '83, since you had all those great heavyweights feuding on top and Inoki in the territory, plus The Cobra in the Middleweight title scene (and I have more personal memories of Stampede at that time than any other)... (although: Gouldie's Title victory over Bad News took place at the Sarcee Seven Chiefs Sportsplex on the Tsuu T’ina Nation reserve after Stampede was banned from promoting in Calgary after a fan riot erupted when Bad News attacked Gouldie's son... so we'd miss that match, but we would see the angle that led to the riot, for better or for worse).

​But, whatever year you choose... Good Lord, yes, the Victoria Pavilion please!

The point isnt some desert island thing, it would be what would be the best discovery. Is there stuff from 1989 msg or 1993 koraken which isnt out there?

If that's the case... 1980 Superdome for Hayes vs JYD in the cage and Hogan vs Andre.

Problem with that is you are only getting two shows.

8/80 Card looks awesome

1. Terry Latham beat Tommy Wright (9:15).

2. Terry Orndorff & Mike Miller beat Johnny Mantell & Ron Cheatham (12:00).

3. King Cobra beat Frank Dusek (10:15).

4. The Assassin beat Steven Little Bear (12:00).

5. Ray Candy beat Killer Khan (9:47).

6. The Grappler beat Wahoo McDaniel (11:00) via DQ.

7. Paul Orndorff beat Ken Mantell (14:00).

8. Andre the Giant DCO Hulk Hogan (13:00).

9. Mid-South North American Champ Ted DiBiase beat Mr. Wrestling II (14:00).

10. Dusty Rhodes & Buck Robley beat Buddy Roberts & Terry Gordy (5:00) in a "double bullrope" match.

11. Junkyard Dog beat Michael Hayes (11:20) in a "steel cage dog collar" match

Grappler v. Wahoo should be good, and DiBiase v. II would be great too

10/80 show isn't as good

1. Cocoa Samoa beat Mike Miller (10:00).

2. Jimmy Garvin beat Terry Latham (6:00).

3. Ray Candy & Wahoo McDaniel beat The Turk & The Mexican Angel (7:07).

4. Mid-South Louisiana Champ Jake Roberts beat Paul Ellering (13:00).

5. Ted DiBiase beat The Super Destroyer (15:00) via DQ.

6. Dusty Rhodes beat Ivan Koloff (10:46).

7. Junkyard Dog & Bill Watts beat Ernie Ladd & Leroy Brown (15:00).

8. Mid-South North American Champ The Grappler beat Karl Kox (11:00).

9. Ernie Ladd beat Paul Orndorff in a "lights out" match

Ernie Ladd v. Paul Orndorff could be good, and I am sure Grappler v. KKK was fun, but this was pretty weak for a Mid-South super show

Was thinking 84 Arena Mexico just because Satanico could have had the greatest year ever based on the stuff we have seen. No idea what white whale matches are out there from this year.

There are some big ones

2/26/84 Tony Salazar vs Colosso Colosetti Super Libre

3/2/84 Tony Salazar v Herodes Hair

3/9/84 Satánico © v Lizmark NWA Middleweight title

4/1/84 Pirata Morgan vs Halcón Ortiz, Popitekus [hair]

4/8/84 Halcón Ortiz v Pirata Morgan [hair]

6/24/84 Satanico v. Mogur NWA Middleweight title

7/13/84 Satanico v. Samurai Shiro Hair (not the one we have on tape)

7/27/84 Lizmark v. Sangre Chicana Super Libre

8/5/84 Sangre Chicana v. Tony Salazar Hair

9/16/84 Popetikus v. Assesino Negro hair (A fat boy battle for the ages)

10/26/84 El Dandy v. Javier Cruz hair (This might be the match the EMLL announcers always bring up whenever anyone bleeds a ton)

12/7/84

Cien Caras & Villano III DQ El Faraón & Perro Aguayo Sr.
Rudos took V3's mask for the DQ. Crazy brawl where everyone ended up suspended for 3 months, and Aguayo and Faraon fought each other after the match.

I'll go with MSG 1984, Hulkamania's first year vs Sheik, Orndorff, Studd, Schultz, Valentine, some good Andre stuff like the tag match where he gets bloodied, Piper-Snuka (although Tonga Kid later), Slaughter-Sheik, Brawl to End it All with Richter's title win, Adonis/Murdoch as tag champs who I really enjoy, Santana-Valentine, and even an Inoki appearance sprinkled in and the end of Backlund's run vs Valentine.

I'll go with MSG 1984, Hulkamania's first year vs Sheik, Orndorff, Studd, Schultz, Valentine, some good Andre stuff like the tag match where he gets bloodied, Piper-Snuka (although Tonga Kid later), Slaughter-Sheik, Brawl to End it All with Richter's title win, Adonis/Murdoch as tag champs who I really enjoy, Santana-Valentine, and even an Inoki appearance sprinkled in and the end of Backlund's run vs Valentine.

No offense, but this post at this point in this thread makes your user name seem VERY ironic.

The point isnt some desert island thing, it would be what would be the best discovery. Is there stuff from 1989 msg or 1993 koraken which isnt out there?

If that's the case... 1980 Superdome for Hayes vs JYD in the cage and Hogan vs Andre.

Problem with that is you are only getting two shows.

8/80 Card looks awesome

1. Terry Latham beat Tommy Wright (9:15).

2. Terry Orndorff & Mike Miller beat Johnny Mantell & Ron Cheatham (12:00).

3. King Cobra beat Frank Dusek (10:15).

4. The Assassin beat Steven Little Bear (12:00).

5. Ray Candy beat Killer Khan (9:47).

6. The Grappler beat Wahoo McDaniel (11:00) via DQ.

7. Paul Orndorff beat Ken Mantell (14:00).

8. Andre the Giant DCO Hulk Hogan (13:00).

9. Mid-South North American Champ Ted DiBiase beat Mr. Wrestling II (14:00).

10. Dusty Rhodes & Buck Robley beat Buddy Roberts & Terry Gordy (5:00) in a "double bullrope" match.

11. Junkyard Dog beat Michael Hayes (11:20) in a "steel cage dog collar" match

Grappler v. Wahoo should be good, and DiBiase v. II would be great too

10/80 show isn't as good

1. Cocoa Samoa beat Mike Miller (10:00).

2. Jimmy Garvin beat Terry Latham (6:00).

3. Ray Candy & Wahoo McDaniel beat The Turk & The Mexican Angel (7:07).

4. Mid-South Louisiana Champ Jake Roberts beat Paul Ellering (13:00).

5. Ted DiBiase beat The Super Destroyer (15:00) via DQ.

6. Dusty Rhodes beat Ivan Koloff (10:46).

7. Junkyard Dog & Bill Watts beat Ernie Ladd & Leroy Brown (15:00).

8. Mid-South North American Champ The Grappler beat Karl Kox (11:00).

9. Ernie Ladd beat Paul Orndorff in a "lights out" match

Ernie Ladd v. Paul Orndorff could be good, and I am sure Grappler v. KKK was fun, but this was pretty weak for a Mid-South super show

Can't win for losing on this... but the August card is the one I would go back and see if I could be at any shows that I've never seen footage of. There's a lot going on here and definitely historic on multiple levels.

I'm a sucker for the Manhattan Center from 05-07. If I had to pick, I'd probably pick 2006, the centerpiece of Bryan Danielson's ROH Title reigns with multiple great level defenses in that building.

No offense, but this post at this point in this thread makes your user name seem VERY ironic. :lol:

By which I mean:

You might expect that someone who has the eye of a hawk or someone who is "smart" to have noticed this post: