Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2018 Predictions

Gutenberger

Paige also officially out of the Rumble. Fucking shame.

This really sucks. After everything that has gone on the past year or so, I think she's looked really good since her return and has been a shot in the arm for the Women's division on RAW. Let's hope that it's not a long term issue and she will be back soon, but you have to fear with serious neck injuries that they never fully heal up. Really feel for her.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really sucks. After everything that has gone on the past year or so, I think she's looked really good since her return and has been a shot in the arm for the Women's division on RAW. Let's hope that it's not a long term issue and she will be back soon, but you have to fear with serious neck injuries that they never fully heal up. Really feel for her.

Unless its a work where she is a suprise entrant and wins the thing. Never been a fan of her and don't think that all the stuff she did and acts off TV no way should she have basically gotten away with everything. Turning up on Impact should have been the final straw to Vince giving her walking papers.

On the plus side I see Molly Holly is returning to the Rumble match so hopefully Lita and Trish will wrestle too but I would have thought with all the girls in Raw, SD & NXT they could have easily filled 30 competitors?

I know they are in talks with McCool to come to the Rumble so maybe Taker will make a appearance at the PPV.

Unless its a work where she is a suprise entrant and wins the thing. Never been a fan of her and don't think that all the stuff she did and acts off TV no way should she have basically gotten away with everything. Turning up on Impact should have been the final straw to Vince giving her walking papers.

What difference does it make to anyone in the WWE audience that she went to an Impact taping? Why would you care and want her to lose her job?

Yep. Only in pro wrestling, that kind of mentality. When you set back and think about it for two seconds, most of the pro-wrestling way of doing things (particularly in WWE) are completely insane and make no sense in real life.

Plus, she's an "independent contractor" (wink wink nudge nudge) so why should anyone care ?

But yeah, the injury really suck for her.

On the plus side I see Molly Holly is returning to the Rumble match so hopefully Lita and Trish will wrestle too but I would have thought with all the girls in Raw, SD & NXT they could have easily filled 30 competitors?

I think Meltzer said it's looking like 2-4 surprise legend types with the rest being filled with 6 or so from NXT.

Minus Paige, there's currently 16 confirmed entrants. Excluding the champs, only Dana Brooke & Alicia Fox are not officially in from the active roster. With the Bellas announced for Raw 25, I guess they will be in as well.

I'm pretty sure he didn't "become" a guy that coasts for most of the year and turns it up for like 2 or 3 big matches per year in WWE. Many made the same criticisms when he was in NJPW hiding 3/4 of the year in 6 man tags and only showing up for WK and some select G1 matches.

WWE exposure made people have 2 wrong notions, often by two distinct camps of fans:

• His laziness is due to Vince's booking;
  • He needs to be carried to good matches.

But I said neither.

I don't blame Vince and I didn't say everyone carries Nakamura, though I can see how my post could be misconstrued as such. Rather, I was pointing out how good AJ is as a carrier. If we get the same Nak we've been getting all along, it will be another AJ carry-job. If Nak turns up the volume though, of course it'll be tremendous. Like I said, I started out red hot for Nak. I was super into him after that Sami Zayn match. But it didn't take long for the bloom to fall off the rose, for all of the reasons already mentioned by me and several others in this thread.

All of you are wrong. Nak is working a completely different type of match than he worked in New Japan. Working a 10 minute upper mid card/mid card TV match on a B Show should look absolutely nothing like working a 30 minute main event title matches we grew used to him wrestling during his 3 years with the IWGP belt and 5 years with the IWGP Intercontintal belt. He's not going to lay it in the way he did in Japan every Tuesday and every 3rd Sunday and he's not going to bump like that either. Now, if we see him in a prominent title match on a bigger show with some sort of build up, I would expect the appropriate level of effort and violence which we became accoustomed to in New Japan.

The "Lazy Nak" speak came from years back when he was still in NJPW. He would deliver a great performance at WK and then dog it/coast for the rest of the year - almost quite literally at points. I honestly don't know a match of his I'd point to outside of WK that I'd call truly great. The only one that comes to mind is one against Hiroshi Tanahashi and even then I thought it was Tana that was bringing most of everything to the plate.

My viewing of Nakamura in WWE is limited to his matches against Cena and Zayn (both really big matches) as well as random clip viewing on Youtube. I wasn't impressed by either, so I'm clearly in a minute minority but I don't think he really shined. I understand your reasoning but I think it can be done differently and while still making TV matches meaningful.

Nakamura was basically Lesnar before Lesnar became "Suplex City". The only difference is that Nak's apparent laziness gets a lot of passes online, while Lesnar doesn't.

What difference does it make to anyone in the WWE audience that she went to an Impact taping? Why would you care and want her to lose her job?

I can't stand her. She's completely childish and seriously needs to grow up and this is coming from someone who saw her on a independant show and wasent impressed with her attitude.

Speaking of Nak in New Japan, what are his best matches from NJPW?

I've seen the AJ match, and it's a ton of fun. My six-year-old daughter is a HUGE Shinsuke fan. Might look for some stuff of his to watch while we're stuck inside on a snow day.

Both ibushi matches one from g1 23 in 2013 and one from wrestle kingdom 9,

Vs tanahashi from invasion attack 2014,

Vs tanahashi from g1 25 2015 has a lot of love from certain people but it is not universal like the ibushi matches tend to be.

He has quite a good match with bad luck fale in the final of the new Japan cup in 2014 with some hardway blood.

Vs sakuraba from wk7 in 2013 is pretty great.

These are some of the best stuff to get you started. I could add some more if you like them.

Uber-Paige fans are Sasha haters will definitely put the blame on her, 100%.

But this is pro wrestling. Injuries & accidents happen. It's horrible but given her serious neck injury prior to that return, it was kinda bound to happen eventually. It's more tragic because she's only 25, she's not even at the prime of her career and she has to hang it up.

Sloppy Sasha? I guess this isn't the first time she's injured someone then?

Sasha's been involved in 3 injuries in her 5 1/2 years in WWE. There's no real basis for her getting a reputation other than women's wrestling fandom tend to start a witch hunt after every injury. Like Nia Jax got a ridiculous amount of social media hate when Bayley got injured last summer which you rarely see when a man gets injured.

Yeah you can come up with the odd case with men, but with the women I swear every single time there's an injury the social media of the person "responsible" gets bombarded with hate messages calling them dangerous/should be fired etc. It's completely out of proportion.

Like when Tyson Kidd almost died in a match with Samoa Joe I remember calm unanimity that it was a freak accident of someone with neck issues/not Joe's fault. Yet something similar but less serious happens in a women's match and that rationality is thrown out the window.

I always thought Seth Rollins kind of deserved the shit he got for being reckless and injuring people (including himself, I guess.) He broke Cena's nose, he gave Sting the turnbuckle bomb that ended his career and threw Finn Balor into the barricade and fucked up his shoulder so bad he was out for 9 months. (Which looking back, kind of ended up being the end of Balor's main event push.)

I know "it's not ballet" and accidents happen, and okay once or even twice is a mistake but three big injuries involving the same guy? Not sure I buy that as a coincidence. All three guys (Cena, Sting and Balor) were quick to absolve Rollins of blame, which seems to be standard practice...but Bret Hart was one of the guys who came out and said he thought Rollins was too reckless.

Sasha's been involved in 3 injuries in her 5 1/2 years in WWE. There's no real basis for her getting a reputation other than women's wrestling fandom tend to start a witch hunt after every injury. Like Nia Jax got a ridiculous amount of social media hate when Bayley got injured last summer which you rarely see when a man gets injured.

When and who else got injured?

When and who else got injured?

Alexa Bliss got a broken nose in a 2014 NXT match and was out for three weeks. Emma hurt her back in a house show match May last year and was out for a month (she'd been out for a year from back surgery not long prior so presume this got aggravated again).