Royal Rumble 2018 Predictions

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#61 Stiva

Stiva
  • Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:37 PM

Speaking of Paige, PWInsider says that WWE are refusing to clear her after her latest neck injury so it seems like she may be done at 25.

#62 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:58 PM

Wow. That is SO fucked up.

It's up there with Tyson Kidd's retirement-inducing injury.

#63 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2514 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:05 PM

I hope this doesn't lead to a downward spiral for Paige. :(

How much is Sloppy Sasha to blame, if any?

#64 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 2850 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:45 PM

Uber-Paige fans are Sasha haters will definitely put the blame on her, 100%.

But this is pro wrestling. Injuries & accidents happen. It's horrible but given her serious neck injury prior to that return, it was kinda bound to happen eventually. It's more tragic because she's only 25, she's not even at the prime of her career and she has to hang it up.

#65 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 1152 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

I hope this doesn't lead to a downward spiral for Paige. :(

How much is Sloppy Sasha to blame, if any?

Sloppy Sasha? I guess this isn't the first time she's injured someone then?

#66 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

I don't think it's fair to blame Sasha here, it wasn't anything done wrong or mistimed, it was a normal spot done with someone who probably shouldn't have been cleared to be in there. 

#67 Kadaveri

Kadaveri
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

Sasha's been involved in 3 injuries in her 5 1/2 years in WWE. There's no real basis for her getting a reputation other than women's wrestling fandom tend to start a witch hunt after every injury. Like Nia Jax got a ridiculous amount of social media hate when Bayley got injured last summer which you rarely see when a man gets injured.

#68 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:17 PM

Sheamus got a lot of heat for injuring people, granted that was because one of them was Daniel Bryan, but still. 

#69 Kadaveri

Kadaveri
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

Yeah you can come up with the odd case with men, but with the women I swear every single time there's an injury the social media of the person "responsible" gets bombarded with hate messages calling them dangerous/should be fired etc. It's completely out of proportion.

Like when Tyson Kidd almost died in a match with Samoa Joe I remember calm unanimity that it was a freak accident of someone with neck issues/not Joe's fault. Yet something similar but less serious happens in a women's match and that rationality is thrown out the window.

#70 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

I always thought Seth Rollins kind of deserved the shit he got for being reckless and injuring people (including himself, I guess.)  He broke Cena's nose, he gave Sting the turnbuckle bomb that ended his career and threw Finn Balor into the barricade and fucked up his shoulder so bad he was out for 9 months.  (Which looking back, kind of ended up being the end of Balor's main event push.)

I know "it's not ballet" and accidents happen, and okay once or even twice is a mistake but three big injuries involving the same guy?  Not sure I buy that as a coincidence. All three guys (Cena, Sting and Balor) were quick to absolve Rollins of blame, which seems to be standard practice...but Bret Hart was one of the guys who came out and said he thought Rollins was too reckless.

#71 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:45 PM

Wrestling is weird, RVD was allegedly disliked due to his frequent potatoing of guys, yet Rollins was out there killing people and the locker room just shrugs it off. 

#72 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 1152 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:02 AM

Sasha's been involved in 3 injuries in her 5 1/2 years in WWE. There's no real basis for her getting a reputation other than women's wrestling fandom tend to start a witch hunt after every injury. Like Nia Jax got a ridiculous amount of social media hate when Bayley got injured last summer which you rarely see when a man gets injured.

When and who else got injured?

#73 Kadaveri

Kadaveri
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:57 AM

When and who else got injured?

Alexa Bliss got a broken nose in a 2014 NXT match and was out for three weeks. Emma hurt her back in a house show match May last year and was out for a month (she'd been out for a year from back surgery not long prior so presume this got aggravated again).

#74 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10026 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:30 AM

Wrestling is weird, RVD was allegedly disliked due to his frequent potatoing of guys, yet Rollins was out there killing people and the locker room just shrugs it off. 

Rollins is a Trip guy. I guess.

#75 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 1152 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:04 AM

Correct me if Im wrong but when RVD came in wasen't he busting people open with the Van Daminator?

#76 SomethingSavage

SomethingSavage
  • Members
  • 1197 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:36 AM

You're overlooking some key elements regarding Rollins and Van Dam anyhow. RVD came into a shark tank - at a time when guys like Austin, Hunter, and others were really paranoid and clinging to keep their top spots.

Rollins was basically brought in from day one to be anointed. He was groomed as the guy in FCW, then the NXT reboot, and later the main roster. Two totally different sets of circumstances.

#77 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1855 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:21 AM

Plus Rollins was friendly with a ton of these guys before he entered the locker room, too.

#78 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44062 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:00 AM

I thought Rollins almost got fired and wasn't really liked by management in FCW/NXT because he was so vocal about what he didn't like. Then he came in and was pushed as the clear #3 guy in The Shield. Things didn't really start looking up for him until he turned and broke up the group, did they? Or am I missing something?

#79 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4405 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:11 AM

yeah it was reported that Dusty was not a fan of his in FCW.  And he was pushed as the third most important part of the Shield act until he turned.  He had the "mechanic" label attached to him which is why everyone was shocked that he was the one that turned.

sounds like it could have been  battle in the HHH v Dunn/Vince war

#80 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1855 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:06 PM

I moreso meant among the other wrestlers. It wasn’t like RVD or Jericho coming in and immediately getting buried by HHH or Waltman as not being able to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users