Wrestle Kingdom 12

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#21 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5202 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:36 PM

Watching now.  If you just want to watch the matches, skip to the 5:05:00 mark.

Kushida vs. Makabe playing the new Fire Pro game is kinda fun though and is in the first hour

Thanks, much appreciated.

#22 Isae Arreola

Isae Arreola

The Large Canine

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:37 PM

The match I'm most excited to watch is Okada vs. Naito, primarily because I just want Naito to win the title. I'm not the biggest fan of New Japan's main event style, but I don't think we are going to see a near 50 minute epic (35-40 minute seems more likely) from these two unlike last year's main event.

Other than the rest of LIJ winning their respective championship matches and the hope that Goto gets his head shaved bald, I'm not too interested by the rest of the card. Maybe Omega can get something enjoyable out of Jericho with the No DQ stipulation.

#23 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

Really excited for the show. Main event should be great. Not sure how Omega-Jericho plays out, although Kenny's done a good job in the past elevating lesser opponents. Hopefully the No DQ setting means more weapon-based violence and not Jericho trying to go move for move with Omega, which could be not good. Have really, really dug Roppongi 3k. They're so good and the Bucks can be counted on for an exciting performance. Junior four-way should be a hoot but I'm really just hoping Hiromu wins. He seems to be hinting going back to his more chaotic Ticking Time Bomb character as opposed to the more comedic one we got at the end of the year. Interested to see what Ibushi can pull out of Cody. Thinking the match should be at least solid. While Jay White hasn't been nailing the character aspect since his return, I've been impressed by what I've seen of his in-ring work. And considering broken-down Tana can still go at a high level, I think this should be good (but I pray he takes some much needed time off after this). Have been really disappointed by Suzuki's run since his return. Age has obviously caught up with him but so many of his matches were bogged down by Suzuki-Gun bullshit. With no interference, he and Goto should be able to put on something at least decent.

Pulling for Nagata to win the Rambo after his 1-8 run in the G-1.

#24 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10578 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:41 PM

NJPW (and CMLL for that matter) should just run Hiromu vs Dragon Lee forever. 

#25 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:43 PM

I agree with this sentiment.

#26 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4891 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

I always love Wrestle Kingdom. Even when the card is a little lacking. To me, it's what Mania should feel like every year. I'm super excited for Okada/Naito.

#27 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

Jericho seeming dedicating his match to Benoit is an...interesting call

#28 superkix

superkix
  • Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:28 PM

My excitement level is way down from last year. On paper, Naito/Okada is the most exciting match-up and I guess if Suzuki/Goto delivers. Other than that...whump whump

#29 ohheylook

ohheylook
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

me and ^^ watched together last year, eating hella Jack in the Box tacos.

now we are separate, so of course we are down.

BUT IM STILL WATCHING LIVE AND TAKING TOMORROW OFF

#30 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:36 PM

Will probably wind up watching the whole show Friday night.

#31 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

Jericho seeming dedicating his match to Benoit is an...interesting call

Well.. they were friends, so it's not really that weird, even if Benoit di what he did.

I'm more concerned about the guy who made that drawing that Jericho reposted on his IG.

#32 dkookypunk43

dkookypunk43
  • Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:50 PM

This is gonna be fun to watch. I personally can't wait for Okada vs Naito

#33 joeg

joeg
  • Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:22 AM

I haven't been this excited for a wrestling show in a long time.

Natio's title chase for the past 18 months or so has been the most compelling title chase since Daniel Bryan in 2013. But at the same time they have Omega chasing the title so its not a guarantee that Naito is winning which is part of what keeps it so interesting.

The build up to the Jericho vs Omega match has just been awesome. When it was first announced my thought was that it will be like any of the big name Americans we've seen go over for a one off at the Tokyo Dome - a fun special attraction, but an upper midcard match without any heat or build up. Almost like the celebrity or legend appearance at Wrestlemania. Instead the build up has me anticipating something closer to Valentine Piper. 

On the undercard I'm really looking forward to Sho and Yo vs Young Bucks. I'm not a Young Bucks person really, I can take them or leave them. But I've loved Sho and Yo since they were young lions and this is sort of match that builds to them being the next  Apollo 55 or No Limit. 

#34 stunning_grover

stunning_grover
  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:pro wrestling

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:38 AM

Watching live on New Japan World. The New Japan Rumble was a pretty average match featuring the following participants: Katsuya Kitamura, BUSHI, Delirious, Leo Tonga, Manabu Nakanishi, Chase Owens, Yuji Nagata, TAKA Michinoku, Yoshinobu Kanemura, El Desperado, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask IV, Gino Gambino, Henare, Yoshi-Hashi, David Finlay Jr, Yujiro Takahashi, Cheeseburger, Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Masahito Kakihara.

Spoiler

#35 stunning_grover

stunning_grover
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:41 AM

Young Bucks vs. Sho & Yoh was excellent. Don Callis was great on commentary, as usual. The Young Bucks worked over Yoh’s back. Matt Jackson hurt his own back when he landed on his back outside the ring. Yoh and Matt Jackson sold their backs being hurt really well (or they were really hurt?). Yoh finally made the hot tag to Sho, which led to several minutes of back-and-forth action. When Matt and Yoh were in the ring together, they worked over each other’s hurt backs again. The match lasted 18 minutes.

Spoiler

#36 joeg

joeg
  • Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:42 AM

Spoiler

#37 SmartMark15

SmartMark15
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:29 AM

I rather enjoyed Ibushi-Cody. Thought it was much better than expected and Brandi adds a lot to the old school heel gimmick.

#38 stunning_grover

stunning_grover
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:32 AM

The gauntlet match was okay. There was one pretty cool spot where Tama Tonga hit Beretta with a jumping Ace crusher in mid-air when Beretta went for a moonsault.

Spoiler

Cody (w/ Brandi Rhodes) vs. Kota Ibushi was good. Brandi did a good job as heel manager. There was a spot where Brandi fooled everyone into believing she was hurt and it only turned out to be an act, which resulted in Cody and Brandi laughing like evil heels.

Spoiler

#39 stunning_grover

stunning_grover
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:55 AM

The IWGP Tag Team Title match was very good tag team match. The Killer Elite Squad really did a good job of beating people up. They even beat up the young New Japan wrestlers that were at ringside. Evil & Sanada showed a lot of fighting spirit.

Spoiler

#40 ShittyLittleBoots

ShittyLittleBoots
  • Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:56 AM

Very good show so far. Much better than I imagined it would be. And now the big title matches have begun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users