Wrestle Kingdom 12

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#141 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1855 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

Yeah, I can’t watch the English commentary for those reasons. I don’t want to hear talk of star ratings, calling people marks, etc. If the English commentary is supposed to help draw in a more casual audience, I don’t see how talking about Dave Meltzer helps achieve that end. For instance, a fan like my dad (56 years old), who is mostly a casual fan these days but watches the AXS show for his New Japan exposure. He would have no clue what the hell they are talking about half the time if he watched the NJPW English versions.

#142 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5738 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:31 PM

Still working through this show. The young boy abuse is off the charts for this show. I don't think I've ever seen so many of them just get destroyed during matches.

#143 JKWebb

JKWebb
  • Members
  • 930 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:23 PM

This is a little off topic, but I finally got the fire stick because of the app and Im really glad I did. It seems like the app is more user friendly than the website, and easier to navigate... for me anyway. To add to some other comments... dont forget about the Punk/Jericho match from Payback too (I think in Chicago)... I remember that being really great. I still think the ladder match with Michaels is probably his best match, but its an interesting thought to say its his best personal performance. I loved it. Im going to watch it again soon with the AXS commentary and see where it lands for me. I really enjoyed every match on the card outside of the YBs match and the Jay White math felt bland to me. I usually am not the hugest fan of car crash matches, but I thought the 4-way was a blast. Up and down a really solid and very fun show. Oh yeah... and i may be switching back to Japanese commentary too when watching live... the star rating stuff really takes me out of it.

#144 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5738 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:28 PM

Damn that Goto/Suzuki match fucking rocked. I'm usually lukewarm to Goto but he upped his game for this one. Suzuki is such a terrifying psychopath.

#145 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10026 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

Funny thing is, White actually did more for himself the night after at New Year Dash than his big opportunity in the dome. There's some potential there for sure.

Well, Butterface (that's a tribute to Tim Horner, who was about as charismatic and good looking as Jay White) doing a re-actment of a 20 years old angle in DDP fooling the nWo, except with a Bullet Club that looks like the B-Team at best (I guess Elite is the Wolfpack, the only three who matter) and without being over one bit to begin with, isn't exactly setting the world on fire with me. I still don't see shit in this guy. But hey, Johnny Ace made a good career in Japan, so who knows ?

#146 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:57 AM

White's definitely been off to a rough start, but he's still young and I've seen him in better stuff. So I'm still hopeful he can turn it around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users