NWA Lutte Internationale January 1986

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 2853 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

January 11th, 1986

Amqui, QC

-Ivan Putski & Hillbilly Jim beat The Creatchman Family (The Great Samu & Prince Alofa Fatu, w/Floyd Creatchman) in 10:06. Postmatch, the Samoans attacked both Putski & Jim!

-Pirata Morgan upsets Raymond Rougeau in 15:41

WCCW World TV Championship Steel Cage Match: "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin (w/Precious) beat Mando Guerrero in 22:03 to retain by escaping the cage after Precious sprayed something in Mando's face!

-Chris Candido beat Shane Douglas in 15:31 with a rollup!

-Bruce Hart beat Brian Knobbs (w/Paul E. Dangerously & Jerry Sags) in 15:35

-Jos LeDuc beat Keith Hart in 8:45

$10,000 Battle Royal: NWA World Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel wins the battle royal, last eliminating MS-1!

#22 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:14 PM

Wow, things are heating up in Lutte! Love the way Paul E came in and set the tone. The Nasty Boys are good bad guys to have as security. Adonis may never loose his TV title. I wonder who Creatchman is bringing in??? The Garvin/Mando cage match looked awesome. Rick Martel keeps his momentum going with a big battle royal victory.

#23 GeneJackson95

GeneJackson95

King of All Wrestling Media

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling (obviously), Comedy, and that's about it.

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:44 PM

LOVE the promo from Paul E, he and Adrian are going to be a fun addition to Lutte, the TV title is perfect for them.

#24 gordi

gordi

I call him Shohei because we are close like that

• Members
  • 2124 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:27 AM

I love how the fallout from Starrcade continues to keep the action in the various NWA territories linked and connected.

Also, like everyone else, I loved Paul E's introduction to the Lutte audience. 

#25 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 2853 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

January 12th, 1986

CNE Coliseum, Toronto, ON

-Hillbilly Jim beat The Botswana Beast (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 13:25

-MS-1 beat Raymond Rougeau in 15:09

-Bobby Fulton beat King Tonga (w/Frenchy Martin) in 10:30

-Lord Humongous (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Pirata Morgan in 11:03

-NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Mad Dog Vachon beat Tommy Rogers in 13:14

-Jerry Sags (w/Paul E. Dangerously & Brian Knobbs) upsets Jos LeDuc in 17:08 after NWA Canadian International TV Champion Adrian Adonis came out and knocked out LeDuc with his title belt!

NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Championship: Jacques Rougeau beat Satanico in 20:39 to retain

#26 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 4014 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

GREAT TV this week!  Paul E. with a fantastic promo, Creatchman with a promise and a main event that sends the fans home happy.  Probably a pretty good match at that.  Paul E.'s group is on a roll.  I like how you are using los Infernales as fresh opponents around the horn for people who have been around forever.

#27 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

Your loops are so much fun. I like that anybody can pull out a win at any given time. For example, Bobby Fulton beating King Tonga and Hillbilly Jim defeating Botswana Beast are huge wins for those guys. You just never know what's going to happen.

#28 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 2134 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:21 PM

I agree with Spaldoni that the unpredictable nature of your matches makes Lutte a great promotion.

#29 GeneJackson95

GeneJackson95

King of All Wrestling Media

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling (obviously), Comedy, and that's about it.

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:33 AM

Wow! Huge wins for Bobby Fulton and Hillbilly Jim!

Adrian Adonis is going to have hell to pay from the big lumberjack!

#30 gordi

gordi

I call him Shohei because we are close like that

• Members
  • 2124 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:36 AM

Look at Raymond, putting over the luchadores! Good for him, being unselfish and doing what is best for the territory.

#31 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 2853 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:35 AM

Raymond definitely always was the one in the family who had the best business savvy. You don't retire at 34 like he did when he still had many good years left to perform! ;)

#32 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 2853 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

January 17th, 1985

CNE Coliseum, Toronto, ON

-Chris Candido beat Ivan Putski in 17:47

-Bobby Fulton beat MS-1 in 6:42

-Satanico upsets Jos LeDuc in 8:05

NWA Canadian International TV Championship: Adrian Adonis (w/Paul E. Dangerously & Nasty Boys) beat "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal in 6:34 to retain

10-Men Tag: Pirata Morgan & The Creatchman Family (w/Eddy & Floyd Creatchman) beat Gilles Poisson, Hercules Ayala & The Invaders

-Bruce Hart beat Rip Rogers (w/Missy Hyatt) in 1:08 by DQ after interference from Eddie Gilbert & Rick Steiner. Keith Hart & Owen Hart, in a surprise appearance out of Puerto Rico, make the save. NWA Enforcer Bruno Sammartino comes out and restarts the match, ordering now a tag team match, banning Bruce Hart & Rip Rogers from ringside!

-Hyatt International (Eddie Gilbert & Rick Steiner, w/Missy Hyatt) beat Keith & Owen Hart after Gilbert used a rag of ether on Keith Hart at 10:24!

6-Men Tag: The Guerreros beat the Rougeau Brothers at 19:30 after Mando Guerrero pinned Jacques Rougeau with a handful of tights! Looks like Mando Guerrero earned himself a future NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Championship match!

#33 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 2134 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

Chris Candido is off to a nice start here.  

Not sure how often the French stars wrestled in the Toronto area but I wonder how they would have been received as we are beginning to get into that Quebec Separatist time period in Canada.  This could lead to some fun angles as the same people could be both heels or baby faces depending on where the event was.

#34 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:31 PM

The fans got their money's worth here with a lot of special appearances. Great seeing Hot Stuff Inc. in Canada. The Guerreros/Rougeau match is off the charts. What a fantastic main event!

#35 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 4014 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:49 PM

So Eddie Gilbert is there, Owen Hart makes his return and you had that awesome 6 man tag as the main?  That is a great, great show and I'm sure anyone attending went home happy.  Despite Jacques losing...

#36 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 2853 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:15 AM

Chris Candido is off to a nice start here.  

Not sure how often the French stars wrestled in the Toronto area but I wonder how they would have been received as we are beginning to get into that Quebec Separatist time period in Canada.  This could lead to some fun angles as the same people could be both heels or baby faces depending on where the event was.

As far as I know, it never was an issue when French Canadian wrestlers worked Toronto events (or anywhere else in Canada for that matter). Vince McMahon is probably the only one who was "willing" to explore that avenue whenever he booked the Forum. There's kind of a reason why Vince never booked Hogan vs Dino Bravo for the WWF championship in Montreal.

I think that at that time, the Soviet commies gimmick got so much heat everywhere in the world (or evil Orientals as well) that there wasn't really any need to go the Separatists route.

#37 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 2853 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:17 AM

So Eddie Gilbert is there, Owen Hart makes his return and you had that awesome 6 man tag as the main?  That is a great, great show and I'm sure anyone attending went home happy.  Despite Jacques losing...

Yeah, that was something I was looking to do for a while but I was hesitant to pull the trigger on this when I had the Guerreros on my roster. And there was a lapse of time where I released Armand Rougeau because I didn't have anything for him and I brought him back for the Quebec Heavyweight Championship angle. Basically, you can thank rain for that because he did the groundwork for me by turning the Guerreros heel recently! ;)

#38 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 2853 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

***This week's TV episode featured highlights of recent appearances of Lutte talents Rick Martel & the Rougeau Brothers in the AWA and their current rivalries with the Playboy's Club & the Guerreros. The 6-men tag from last night in Toronto between the Rougeaus and the Guerreros is shown as well. A bonus match featuring The Great Samu squashing enhancement talent Chaz Debenham was shown. The broadcast team announces that next week's show will be the last in its current format as they're moving to a live format on February 1st. The show will emanate from Vernon, BC and will feature Richard Charland vs Rick Martel for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in the main event!***

January 18th, 1986

Oshawa, ON

-Rip Rogers beat The Botswana Beast (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 11:15

-Keith Hart beat Pirata Morgan in 12:57

$10,000 Bonus Match - Winner gets the bonus by retrieving the money bag suspended in the air:  Bruce Hart beat Satanico in 8:24

-Brian Knobbs (w/Paul E. Dangerously & Jerry Sags) beat Chris Candido in 14:49

NWA Canadian International Tag Team Championship: The Vachons beat The Creatchman Family (Prince Alofa Fatu & The Great Samu, w/Floyd & Eddy Creatchman) in 18:37 to retain

-Richard Charland & King Tonga (w/Frenchy Martin) beat "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal (subbing for Raymond Rougeau, out sick) & NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Champion Jacques Rougeau in 16:22 when Tonga pinned Regal

-Master of Torture #2 beat Scott Irwin in 7:42

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Rick Martel beat "The Universal Hearthrob" Austin Idol in an absolute classic at 50:32 with a slingshot splash. Rick Martel avenges last year's loss in the finals of the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup Finals!!!

#39 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 4014 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:11 PM

Big match for your first live TV!  Ontario got two good title matches, but I'll take the King Tonga match over the rest. :)

#40 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

Oh man I would of given anything to see that Martel/Idol match! Great title defense for Martel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users