Photo

Akira Tozawa vs. TJP (WWE 205 Live 01/02/18)

akira tozawa tjp tj perkins

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ShittyLittleBoots

ShittyLittleBoots
  • Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:36 PM

This was very good. I never think of TJP as a really good wrestler or anything, but he often has these sneaky good performances. This was one of them. Loved his arm targeting & overall control of Tozawa - he was awesome on the offense. Tozawa was really good selling & fighting from underneath as well. Very good dynamic, very good performances, very good match. ***3/4

#2 King Sabsabi

King Sabsabi
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

I thought that this match was fine. Perkins and Tozawa are both very good workers and are capable of much better but with the usual WWE limitations they worked a solid match. The work throughout was smooth if unspectacular and everything went according to plan, but the crowd could not care less about anything that was happening. **1/2

#3 TonyPulis'Cap

TonyPulis'Cap
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:14 AM

This match was a great example of the critical dilemma - can it be a good match if the crowd isn't reacting at all? I guess you could say that for every 205 Live match, but this was a really jarring example of the disconnect between what two people are doing in the ring and what the crowd are investing in (or not investing in with this case). As a match I really liked it - I know there's a lot of people don't like TJ Perkins, but I always enjoy him in the ring, he has such a different style that blends a lot of the different aspects of wrestling together. I thought his targeting and work on the arm was good as well as his characteristics and mannerisms. Tozawa always works well as a good babyface. In terms of the work in the match, I'd happily go *** or so, but it feels so hard to judge when so much of the crowd - for a number of reasons probably outside of the two competitors control - are making no emotional connection with it whatsoever.       

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users