NWA

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:38 AM

Austin Idol, Kokina,and Makhan Singh! Great hoss heel team right there.

And... who will put on the crazier, more exciting 6-man tourney, JWA or WCCW??? 

I'm hoping for Idol, Kokina, and Singh vs the Von Erichs as your final. 

#22 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 1820 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:41 AM

WCCW is so much fun right now.  I agree with Edger.... the Embry thing is fantastic

#23 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:07 PM

Good grief Gary Hart has put together quite a 3 man team and they defiantly made an impact.  I would say they might be the favorites but looking at the other competition, I'm not so sure. That tournament is stacked with 3 man teams. Embry is to funny! I cracked up when Jimmy finally had to take a walk. I like heel Ron Garvin. He's a tough guy who can go toe to toe with Bad News. Looking forward to seeing Flair in WCCW.

#24 GeneJackson95

GeneJackson95

King of All Wrestling Media

• Members
  • 710 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling (obviously), Comedy, and that's about it.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

World Class Championship Wrestling

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Saturday Jan 11, 1986

Bell time- 7pm

WCCW Six Man Tag Title Tournament

Round 1:

Austin Idol/The Mighty Kokina/Makhan Singh w/"Playboy" Gary Hart defeated "Exotic" Adrian Street/"Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Dirty" Dutch Mantell when Kokina pinned Mantell after a splash on his injured ribs

Dory Funk Jr./Terry Funk/Mr. Olympia defeated Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Eddie Gilbert/Rip Rogers/Rick Steiner ) w/Missy Hyatt & Scott Steiner when Terry Funk pinned Rogers with a small package

The Pringle Dynasty (Big John Studd/The Grappler/The Spoiler) w/Percival Pringle III defeated "Iceman" King Parsons/Steve Simpson/Brian Adias when Studd made Adias submit to an over the shoulder backbreaker

Kevin/Kerry/Lance Von Erich defeated The Desperados (Black Bart/Ron Bass/Killer Brooks) when Kerry pinned Bass after a 'discus punch'

Round 2/SEMI-FINALS:

Austin Idol/Kokina/Makhan Singh w/Gary Hart defeated The Funks/Mr. Olympia when Idol pinned Olympia with his feet on the ropes

The Von Erichs (Kevin/Kerry/Lance) defeated The Pringle Dynasty w/Percy Pringle when Lance pinned The Spoiler with a sunset flip

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship

Grudge Match- NO DQ

Bad News Allen

Vs.

Ronnie Garvin

As Garvin was already in the ring, Bad News was coming down the aisle approaching the ring when a masked man came running down the aisle and grabbed Bad News by the back of the head and rammed him shoulder first into the ring post…..Bad News hit the floor clutching his shoulder as the masked man picked him up and rammed him into the ring post again, then stomped his shoulder several times before Garvin came out of the ring and shoved him away causing the masked man to retreat from ringside.  After a few minutes of chaos, Bad News struggled to get back to his feet pulling him self up with his right arm but it was obvious his left arm was useless and he was in tremendous pain…..Frank Dusek came down and said that Bad News would have to forfeit the title…..Bad News screamed an expletive and demanded the referee "ring the bell, and start the damn match."  The bell rang and Bad News fought as best he could with one arm but Garvin was relentless….after several minutes of Garvin just stomping his shoulder and trying to jerk it out of socket….he locked in an armbar submission hold….Bad News refused to give up until finally Iceman King Parsons came down and threw in the towel….Garvin was declared the new NWA Texas Heavyweight Champion.   Garvin shoved Parsons and they got into a brawl at ringside while the masked man returned and started beating on Bad News Allen again who at this point could in no way defend himself……at this point Parsons broke away from Garvin and attacked the masked man who fought back…..until Ronnie Garvin came into the ring and snatched the mask off the man's head to reveal……"DR.D" DAVID SHULTZ…who left the ring as soon as he was unmasked…Garvin looked confused as did Parsons who then went back over to check on Bad News who was down on the mat but shrugging off any help that was being offered by anyone.

MAIN EVENT

WCCW Six Man Tag Team Championship Tournament

FINALS:

Kevin/Kerry/Lance Von Erich defeated Austin Idol/Mighty Kokina/Makhan Singh w/Gary Hart when Kerry bodyslammed Singh and pinned him…..There was some controversy about 8 minutes into the match when Kokina splashed Kerry and looked like he pinned him although referee David Manning said Kerry got his shoulder up before the 3 count….Idol and Hart protested heavily but the match resumed until Kerry pinned Singh at around 17 minutes 23 seconds

#25 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:37 PM

The Von Erich's are standing tall in Texas! Nice surprise with Dr. D under the mask. Man, things just keep moving in WCCW.

#26 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 2204 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:40 PM

The return of Dr. D! He's gonna wreak havoc everywhere in the NWA for sure! And congrats to the Von Erichs for claiming the WCCW World 6-Men Tag Team Championship!

#27 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:50 PM

Yeah! I got the finals that I wanted... and with some controversy, maybe a rematch down the line?

#28 rainmakerrtv

rainmakerrtv
  • Members
  • 1550 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:27 AM

Dr. D vs. Bad News will be a crazy match. David Manning sucks.

#29 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 3318 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:36 PM

Garvin and Embry are great comedy players.  Hart's team is really impressive and one that the von Erichs will have to respect.  Dr. D came back to halt Bad News' momentum I guess. :)  I like how nobody is really aligned with anyone in that segment.  Iceman is kind of Bad News' friend, but there are times when Bad News would rip your head off for mentioning it.  And it didn't look like Dr. D and Ronnie were on the same page either.  So many possibilities.

#30 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 1820 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

Dr. D has made a quick impression here!  I am a tournament guy and as usual, you did not disappoint.  Texas is the hotbed of wrestling right now.

#31 GeneJackson95

GeneJackson95

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:44 AM

Convention Center

Ft. Worth, TX.

Monday Jan 13, 1986

Bell Time: 7pm

Steve Simpson pinned "California Stud" Rod Price with a small package

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Mr. Olympia defeated The Inferno/Super Zodiac when Cooley pinned Inferno after a running bulldog

"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Missy Hyatt pinned Brian Adias with his feet on the ropes

Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Rick/Scott Steiner) w/Missy Hyatt & Eddie Gilbert fought "Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda to 20 minute time limit draw

Ronnie Garvin pinned Lance Von Erich after a knock out punch

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Grudge Tag Team Match

The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) defeated The Dream Team (John Tatum/Jack Victory) w/Luscious Johnny V & Brian Adams when Spot pinned Victory after a powerslam

MAIN EVENT

NWA North American Championship

Kevin Von Erich defeated "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert w/Missy Hyatt with the 'Iron Claw'

#32 GeneJackson95

GeneJackson95

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:45 AM

Oklahoma City, OK

Tuesday Jan. 14, 1986

Bell Time: 7:30pm

Steve Simpson pinned The Inferno with a flying cross body off the top rope

The Dream Team ("Hollywood" John Tatum/Jack Victory)  w/Luscious Johnny V & Brian Adams defeated Steve Doll/Brian Adias when Tatum pinned Doll after Adams cracked Doll over the head with the kendo stick while Johnny V had the referee distracted

The Mighty Kokina w/Gary Hart pinned "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley after a 'big splash'

Lumberjack Match

"Universal Hearthrob" Austin Idol w/Gary Hart defeated "Dirty" Dutch Mantell after interference from Makhan Singh who was one of the lumberjacks at ringside

Tag Team Challenge Match

"Iceman" King Parsons/DJ Peterson defeated "Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious when Parsons pinned Embry after the flying butt strike

Ronnie Garvin defeated Mr. Olympia by count out after hitting him without a knockout punch that sent him out of the ring unable to beat the count back into the ring

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

WCCW Six Man Tag Team Championship

Kevin/Kerry/Lance Von Erich defeated The Pringle Dynasty (The Grappler/The Spoiler/Rod Price) w/Percival Pringle III when Kerry Von Erich pinned Rod Price after a 'discus punch'

MAIN EVENT

NWA North American Tag Team Championship

The Funks (Terry/Dory Jr.) defeated The Fantastics (Bobby Fulton/Tommy Rogers) when Terry pinned Rogers with a handful of tights

#33 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 2204 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

I really like seeing the Steiner Brothers in their formative years unde the tutelage of Eddie Gilbert & Missy Hyatt. This really makes for an interesting perspective!

#34 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 3318 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:59 PM

Two shows chock full of great matches!  Ronnie Garvin is on a tear since coming to WCCW.

#35 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:55 PM

Two fun shows. It's going to be fun watching the Steiners rise. Love the Kevin Von Erich/Eddie Gilbert title match. I could just picture the heat Gilbert would get in that match. Funks vs. Fantastics would of given me my money's worth. Looks like Idol has the upper hand on Mantell right now. Ron Garvin is looking real good as Texas champ.

#36 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 3026 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

One of the hottest shows on the market today... I like the forecast of what World Class brings to the NWA and the amount of talent you've got here. I am also very surprised and elated to see the Funks on top with the Von Erichs below them... if there was only a 3rd Funk who was a fake Funk to bring it to the trios... oh wait the Von Erichs wouldn't do that.

Anyways...I think that it is time for the IceMan to get some serious love here and he is in a position to be a big star not named Von Erich while a guy like Ron Garvin continues to shine. 

Keep up the great work!

#37 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 1820 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

Enjoy seeing Ron Garvin on top here.  Your roster is in great balance where you have enough people to take the fall which is allowing some of the up and comers to shine and you have enough stars to keep the Main Event hot and fresh.

#38 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:10 PM

I agree that booking the Funks vs Fantastics as the Main with the Von Erich Six-Man defense as the Semi-Main Event was the right call. Well-booked shows all around. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users