Pro Wrestling Only

PTBN GWWE Results Thread

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed the Godfather was the feature image for the latest group of runners up but he was absent from the list. I would never have him in my top 100 but I was simply curious as to where he fell, considering the length of his career in the WWF/E compared to his wholly unspectacular in-ring performances.

PTBN’s Greatest #WWE Wrestler Ever project is complete and the results are in! Everyone who got at least one vote will be honored and here is part five of the honorable mentions (200 - 175). Be sure to join in the conversation!

http://placetobenation.com/ptbn-greatest-wwe-wrestler-ever-results-honorable-mentions-part-five-200-175/

I noticed the Godfather was the feature image for the latest group of runners up but he was absent from the list. I would never have him in my top 100 but I was simply curious as to where he fell, considering the length of his career in the WWF/E compared to his wholly unspectacular in-ring performances.

Check back today - that was a weird backoffice glitch where it kept that picture even though we removed it.

The article on Nikki Bella is really shitty. She didn't leave because "the real women’s wrestlers got there". She left because she broke her neck, after wrestling with a broken neck for two months so she could put Charlotte Flair over on two PPVs in matches she carried. It'd be considered a heroic display of passion for wrestling if some indie dude did that.

I seriously think a lot of times it comes down to a girl like Nikki Bella made fun of me in high school but I'm going to get revenge now by GAWD. And yeah good point, I just watched the two Nikki Charlotte matches and it's pretty obvious who is teaching who how to work WWE as opposed to NXT style and making the match work.

I put in Xavier Woods (I think) and def Jess the Body so three of my picks are history.

Some of these high votes are absolutely ridiculous. I'd love for those voters' thoughts to have been included because having Hornswoggle at 35, R-Truth at 32, Hercules at 37, Carlito at 31, Lance Storm at 39, Al Snow at 20, Wade Barrett at 21, Dean Malenko at 26, or Barry Windham at 28 is virtually indefensible.

Sorry to bring the negativity but how does Dean Malenko's 18-month run make him a top 30 WWF wrestler? Or Windham's tag with Rotundo, the Stalker, Blackjacks, and NWA champion? Al Snow is a top 20 WWF wrestler of all time?

I can get stuffing your favorites in the bottom 30 or whatever, but I'm sorry, I'd love for some rationale behind these votes.

Some of these high votes are absolutely ridiculous. I'd love for those voters' thoughts to have been included because having Hornswoggle at 35, R-Truth at 32, Hercules at 37, Carlito at 31, Lance Storm at 39, Al Snow at 20, Wade Barrett at 21, Dean Malenko at 26, or Barry Windham at 28 is virtually indefensible.

Sorry to bring the negativity but how does Dean Malenko's 18-month run make him a top 30 WWF wrestler? Or Windham's tag with Rotundo, the Stalker, Blackjacks, and NWA champion? Al Snow is a top 20 WWF wrestler of all time?

I can get stuffing your favorites in the bottom 30 or whatever, but I'm sorry, I'd love for some rationale behind these votes.

Had I been able to put together a ballot, I might have considered giving Malenko some credit for 15 years of being a road agent. Probably not enough to crack my top 100 though.

Full disclosure: my biggest regret in not being able to vote so far is that I would have pushed Judy Martin ahead of the Jumping Bomb Angels, because Judy Martin was better than the Jumping Bomb Angels in those matches.

It would be interesting to compare this to the old PWI Top 400 WWE wrestlers list. That was obviously kayfabed and 10+ years ago, but still:

http://globalnet.forumcommunity.net/?t=7486642

I have 7 guys from their top 10 in my top 10. Flair at 11 makes no sense, but Tito at 101 is just plain insulting

PTBN’s Greatest #WWE Wrestler Ever project is complete and the results are in! Everyone who got at least one vote will be honored and here is part six of the honorable mentions (174 - 150). Be sure to join in the conversation!

PTBN’s Greatest #WWE Wrestler Ever project is complete and the results are in! Everyone who got at least one vote will be honored and here is part seven of the honorable mentions (149 - 125). Be sure to join in the conversation!

http://placetobenation.com/ptbn-greatest-wwe-wrestler-ever-results-honorable-mentions-part-seven-149-125/