• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 El McKell

El McKell

Actually The Worst

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:15 AM

Choreographed fight sequences performed in front of a live crowd, I don't know much about Wushu but it seems to me that it in some ways is basically pro-wrestling but i'm sure others would disagree. See the link below and other than the fact that it has no real winner as such tell me why isn't this pro-wrestling

https://www.youtube....h?v=J3LflYoeQyU

#2 GOTNW

GOTNW

save all japan pro wrestling

• Members
  • 1905 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:26 AM

Chinese martial arts are as pro wrestling as pro wrestling gets.

#3 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:11 AM

... tell me why isn't this pro-wrestling

They appear to be using closed fists  :lol:

#4 Jetlag

Jetlag
  • Members
  • 1066 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:47 AM

Not sure but I'm sure those guys could go far in pro wrestling if they added more nearfalls.

#5 Laz

Laz
  • Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:01 AM

In the sense that it's an artform based on real fighting that is choreographed, yes, but then so are Hollywood fight scenes. I do love how the sequence linked uses a Burning Hammer as a finish, though.

If pro wrestling were to ever make it to some form of legitimate competition, where judges base their ratings on delivery of sequences and workrate and whatnot, this is what I imagine it would look like.

#6 El McKell

El McKell

Actually The Worst

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:44 AM

In the sense that it's an artform based on real fighting that is choreographed, yes, but then so are Hollywood fight scenes.

I do feel that by having to do it live and not getting multiple takes to do it over if needed the fact that they won't edit the scene together from multiple takes brings this much closer to wrestling that a movie fight scene.

#7 G. Badger

G. Badger

Viceroy of Catlandia

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

Well, that was pretty awesome...

Yeah, that's pro wrestling to me. Insane work rate and spots! Too much no selling for my tastes ;P Thanks for sharing! Gonna watch some more now

#8 fxnj

fxnj
  • Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

Nice to see a 3-way that isn't a clusterfuck.

#9 G. Badger

G. Badger

Viceroy of Catlandia

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

I enjoyed this 2-on-1 match. Enjoyed the soccer kicks to the back and chest spot. I think that Sabin & Shelley do that. Plus awesome tag team finisher at the end :)

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=6XEnDcww8Kg

#10 El McKell

El McKell

Actually The Worst

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:00 PM

yeah that was pretty fucking good. If we're gonna be talking about 2 on 1s i'm a fan of the one that starts at like 15:40 in this video https://youtu.be/Kxd7bITwVZw?t=941

Same finish as the one you linked though which might be a negative if you wanna see something new, but it's still really good.

I expect I'll be bored of Wushu in like a week but for now I'm having a lotta fun watching it

#11 G. Badger

G. Badger

Viceroy of Catlandia

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:13 AM

Hahaha! I don't want to admit it but same here! My Wushu phase will pass but, it is a blast. I was psyched seeing the choke slam in the above even though the finish was similar. That must be like the Doomsday Device of Wushu :)

I've been watching the Wushu matches (?) with weapons too and thinking, "yeah...this could kinda be a hardcore/deathmatch" :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users