• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#61 SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers
  • Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

You can also sell your ring. Wooo !

One reason why its for the best Pete Rose isnt going to Cooperstown any time soon, he wont be able to sell off what mementoes the Hall gives him!

#62 ...TG

...TG
  • Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:26 PM

I mean, it is pretty much the same as the Rock n Roll HOF when you think about it. You can be inducted multiple times as either solo or a group, and it's pretty much up to the person running it who gets in.

The R&R HOF is pretty dumb, but it seems to be based on a legitimate voting process - there's a committee that comes up with the nominations and then "Ballots are then sent to more than 900 historians, members of the music industry and artists..." It's more akin to the WON HOF than anything else.

#63 SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers
  • Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:26 PM

I mean, it is pretty much the same as the Rock n Roll HOF when you think about it. You can be inducted multiple times as either solo or a group, and it's pretty much up to the person running it who gets in.

The R&R HOF is pretty dumb, but it seems to be based on a legitimate voting process - there's a committee that comes up with the nominations and then "Ballots are then sent to more than 900 historians, members of the music industry and artists..." It's more akin to the WON HOF than anything else.
Which is why I equate the WWEs, TNAs, WCWs, ECW Arenas, etc with the same like honor of a specfic sports team.

There are several that do run fan polls, but mostly they are done at the whim of who runs the team at the time. See Steinbrenner family and whom the Yankees have in Monument Park or retired numbers of for a perfect example.

#64 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2854 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:37 AM

And in recent years there has been a fan poll, and the people who are already in get a vote too.

As far as WWE's go, I cannot imagine anybody else outside the McMahon bubble having a say who gets in. Which I'm weirdly okay with, it's in line with how the company has always operated.

#65 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 1152 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:58 AM

Just saw a interview with Road Dogg talking about Jarrett and the hall of fame. Why does he think people make fun of With my Baby Tonight?

I thought it was a fantastic song!

#66 SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers
  • Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:52 AM

Hillbilly Jim is in the class.

#67 Hawkeye12

Hawkeye12
  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:03 PM

Glad Hillbilly is finally going in, memorable character from the Rock n Wrestling era.  Need King Kong Bundy in now from that era too.

#68 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2854 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:20 PM

This isn't shaping up to be the best HOF in terms of television. 

#69 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 11242 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:21 PM

Jim's a guy who should have probably been in ten years ago.

#70 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10043 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:44 PM

Jim's a guy who should have probably been in ten years ago.

Or like twenty years ago. When no one gave a fuck and it wasn't even televised.

#71 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2530 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:46 PM

Hillbilly Jim may have played a simple country boy, but he's surprisingly articulate and did a decent job on color commentary for the standards of that era. Was he Jim Ross? No. But he was never expected to be either. His speech will be just fine.

#72 Bix

Bix
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 6361 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:19 PM

Based on who's been announced, there's no way that Jim and Jarrett don't have the best speeches locked up. Jim is a ridiculously nice and likable guy with a great memory who loves wrestling. Jarrett should have the most emotional speech. Rest feels a bit light, but those should deliver.

#73 ...TG

...TG
  • Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:20 PM

Jim has been a weekend host quite a while on SiriusXM's "Outlaw Country" channel. His show is pretty good.

#74 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 11169 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

I'm all for anything that gets us more "Don't Go Messin' With a Country Boy".

#75 Hawkeye12

Hawkeye12
  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:39 PM

Can they even play his real theme at this point?  Or is it one of the songs that's been edited out of the Network?

#76 Robert S

Robert S
  • Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:43 PM

Will Goldberg be the main event or will they add a bigger name (Undertaker or Daniel Bryan would be the first candidates that come to mind) within the next few weeks?

#77 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10043 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:45 PM

I'm all for anything that gets us more "Don't Go Messin' With a Country Boy".

I'm all for Jesse James singing "With my baby tonight !" to introduce Jarrett. I legit *liked* this song back then.

#78 The Chief

The Chief
  • Members
  • 1660 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:51 PM

Will Goldberg be the main event or will they add a bigger name (Undertaker or Daniel Bryan would be the first candidates that come to mind) within the next few weeks?

They announce the "main event" first to get the most out of ticket sales. I wouldn't expect any names bigger than Goldberg at this stage. 

#79 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2530 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

They announce the "main event" first to get the most out of ticket sales. I wouldn't expect any names bigger than Goldberg at this stage. 

The one exception was the last-minute addition of Bruno, knocking Mick Foley from the headline spot.

#80 gordi

gordi

I call him Shohei because we are close like that

• Members
  • 2130 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:36 PM

Hillbilly Jim is in the class.

I have fond memories of his time in the York Foundation as "Hillwilliam James"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users