Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/22 - 01/28

KawadaSmile

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torrie Wilson is unreal. As in, she cannot be real. She hasn't aged a day since she turned like 25 years old.

I popped for her and Kelly and Maryse's Music and Michelle McCool my sun and stars and the GOAT. A nice little preview for you all of the immiment Divas Invasion.

To be honest all the women looked great. Even like Terri Runnels and Jackie must be getting on now, but they looked much the same.

I haven't seen this many dropped balls since I was sitting in a sauna with Lavar and LiAngelo. WWE really needs to redefine the "WWE Legend" trope. In its current form, its really boring and consist of the following: random 'Remember This!?' promos, beating up the current roster, and appearing in segments that go no where. Not sure how that excites anyone. But I guess this is standard WWE where the moment means more than what is actually happening. Then, Now, Forever...

It's interesting for me to read stuff like this. WWE has treated its hardcore fan base with utter contempt for years and years and year now. Yet, every time they do so you get threads where people seem surprised and disappointed that it's happening again.

And, people keep hoping and predicting, against all evidence to the contrary, that good things will happen

They don't care about us. This is going to keep happening.

I stopped watching WWE regularly 13 or 14 years ago. My life is better for it.

Still... I keep checking in (usually on this thread, and others here) around the Rumble and Mania, just in case... you never know when they will throw us another bone like the Bryan run (which was wonderfully done). And I do check out the occasional match that gets pimped online or recommended by a friend (very much enjoyed some of the Revival tag matches, for example)... so, even a cynical, over it, borderline non-fan like me can't escape the pull entirely...

But it might be better to face it: WWE truly feel little but contempt for us, the fans. We are always more likely to be let down by their booking than not.

I had to laugh at a comment on Wreddit. It's how I remember feeling about RAW 15 and when I quit watching in 2009..

This RAW is a perfect metaphor for WWE since 2002. Austin was awesome, everything after sucked.

Obviously not everything sucked post Attitude Era and obviously Austin was the main event of RAW 15. That show.. that was the show that made my mind up on nostalgia shows. I find them sad. Sad and terrible in quality.

Had to laugh at someone saying Kevin Nash proved how smart he was once again by avoiding this show.

I don't see why everyone is so annoyed. I thought it was a perfectly fun show. They have a big PPV in a few days so obviously they're going to focus on the main acts and just use the old guys for cameos. I thought that was a good thing tbh, especially considering that plenty of the current day guys were getting just as big/bigger reactions than the nostalgia acts.

Its funny seeing so many people getting mad over this when its the same thing they always do on milestone shows.

I work myself into a shoot every milestone thinking OKAY THIS IS THE YEAR WWE CREATES AN ACTUAL MEMORABLE SHOW...of course I am then let down. Egg and pie on my face.

Wait til Mania.

I don't see why everyone is so annoyed. I thought it was a perfectly fun show. They have a big PPV in a few days so obviously they're going to focus on the main acts and just use the old guys for cameos. I thought that was a good thing tbh, especially considering that plenty of the current day guys were getting just as big/bigger reactions than the nostalgia acts.

I haven't been watching RAW at all for months - just reading recaps and occasionally checking out stuff online - and thought they did a horrible job promoting the Rumble too. It wasn't about nostalgia to me, it was about having a fun show with all the people they had. RAW 1000 was very well done, I was expecting this to be similar. I got a run of the mill RAW, the type of show that made me stop watching.

I've just seen bits and pieces but I loved the clip of Brother Love backstage, throwing in a little Jerry Jarrett.

Someone said a few hours in on Twitter that the Manhattan Center crowd got the full '93 Raw experience, a couple of matches and an Undertaker promo.

A lot of what I'm reading is reinforcing why I don't watch any more. I haven't even had the Network for a few months and am considering not going back for awhile.

Only caught a few clips and likely won't watch much more (though I am intrigued to hear the Manhattan crowd's "refund" chant).

- I thought the Vince/Shane/Austin segment was really flat. I'm a big Austin fan and usually find his segments at Manias or special RAWs to be great for the nostalgia factor alone, but this time around, it just felt like the writers went out of their way to make it uninteresting. I think maybe that was the point?No promo so he couldn't pop the crowd more than anyone else? No interaction with current performers so he couldn't outshine them?

- The Taker segment sucked. Smoke and mirrors have always been his friends, so when they send him out there with no frills and lighting that allows us to see every wrinkle of his face and no angle or storyline reason for even being on TV, the "aura" dissipates very quickly. Like the Austin segment, Creative just didn't have anything for him but decided that they'd rather him be on the show doing nothing than not on the show at all. Surprise, surprise, most everything written about the segment has been negative or indifferent.

- Reddit is full of fun live reports, videos, and notes regarding the $400 ticket price and many attendees wanting refunds. From what I've seen, they absolutely deserve them.

Some things were very, very weird (MVP just randomly being there backstage, and especially Taker), some things were sad because of missed opportunities (Having the female legends all by htemselves without any interaction (except that Bailey bit which doesn't count)) and some were good (Elias vs. Cena II, the opening segment).

The one thing that really, really stood out to me was how very much CM Punk is missed. I know he's not coming back and all, but he was the only audible pop during all of these stills, and I would guess probably one of the biggest pops all night, had we heard it without the music over it.

Also, did Nash tear his quads in backstage or why wasn' he there?

The problem with this show was that nothing interesting is happening creatively with Raw for the nostalgia to enhance. At Raw 1000 you had Cena cashing in his MITB to face a hot CM Punk, Punk turning heel and setting up a great 6 month run, Rock in the ring with Punk and Bryan which was surreal for us ROH folk. This show had Miz-Reigns and a Kane title match to hype. The Ambrose and Joe injuries are killers too.

I do think some things were at least competent for a lapsed audience. The women got a ton of time, which would feel new. The Jordan/Rollins story worked fine. Balor Club did get a rub. Elias got more than a rub. There was a title change which will give Miz some momentum going into the next few months. If they don't know Braun, then after last night they do.

But for people following it, it was definitely a snoozer.

Yup. Can't say they did the wrong decision there.

Also, as much as people have their criticisms about the show, I am going to echo what Matt D said. New talent ('cept you, Revival) got time to shine. Even wrestlers like Sonia DeVille are getting time to shine week by week.

Could this celebration be done better? Why, of course. But there is a silver lining to all this.

Maybe people were expecting a reunion show where the Legends did something, bad for the Manhattan fans paying all that for tickets and not getting many matches compared to Barclay's arena.

Shame Taker didnt just wear his old gear.