Photo

30-Woman Royal Rumble (WWE Royal Rumble 01/28/18)

asuka nikki bella trish stratus ember moon ruby riot kairi sane molly holly sasha banks becky lynch

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ShittyLittleBoots

ShittyLittleBoots
  • Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

I thought this was super fun. Lots of women got a chance to shine - Ruby Riot looked great, Kairi Sane looked great, Mickie James looked great, Becky Lynch looked really good, Nikki Bella looked really good, Ember Moon looked great, Asuka looked great, Sasha Banks looked really great. All the surprise entrants were handled in super enjoyable fashion & all of them looked really good in the ring, too! Overall just a really well structured Rumble match. The post-match w/ Ronda coming out was quite something (that Piper jacket! ) - I LOVED Asuka slapping her hand away when she tried to go for a handshake. All in all, a really good time from start to finish! ***3/4

#2 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1246 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:39 PM

An all-time great Rumble, honestly. People like Trish, Molly and Jacqueline showed that while the Women's Division obviously progressed as a whole, there was always quality to be found. The fact that after years of being basically the butt of many jokes or piss-break segments, they finally got the main event of the 2nd biggest WWE event of the year and had all the spotlights on them is quite moving.

The crowd was 100% into this - as they should, because this fucking rocked - and many little storylines were made here, or throwbacks to previous ones.

Nikki vs Asuka and Trish vs Sasha are matches that NEED to happen.

#3 Edwin

Edwin
  • Members
  • 1108 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

Sasha looked pretty terrible early on, however she redeemed herself as the match neared the end when she began making somewhat of a heel turn. Aside from that, the current main roster regulars and NXT surprises looked very good.

Thought some of the surprise entrants were forgettable, but they got the fans going with the nostalgic pop. Vicki Guerrero smashing Carmella with the briefcase after she moonwalked in front of her was hilarious. Also, stuff like Nia taking a nap mid match was odd.

The finishing stretch with the final batch of participants were very good.

Overall the match was entertaining and it never dragged.

***1/2

#4 Mrzfn

Mrzfn
  • Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

It doesn't seem to be the consensus opinion, but I thought this was comfortably better than the (also good) men's match. I'd also argue it was the best Rumble match in close to a decade, or at least the most fun.

#5 MojoJsyn

MojoJsyn
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

This match was so much fun to watch. Rumbles are one of my favorite matches of the year. This one delivered in a big way/ The surprises were spaced out perfectly and there was no lull in action. That is all I ask of Rumbles, lulls should be almost nonexistence and plenty of surprises.   

#6 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1784 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:39 PM

This was a blast. What a great topper to a terrific weekend.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: asuka, nikki bella, trish stratus, ember moon, ruby riot, kairi sane, molly holly, sasha banks, becky lynch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users