Wrestlemania Weekend 2018

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#221 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2412 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:23 AM

The only non-WWE show I saw all weekend was Spring Break, and for what it's worth I thought it was great.

Never in my life did I ever imagine I would be live in the building to witness The Invisible Man win the prestigious second annual Clusterfuck. That shit was tremendous and I loved the fucking hell out of everyone taking his shit. That dude hitting him with a piledriver and getting EJECTED FROM THE BUILDING was the smartest comedy spot I have ever fucking seen. Well, not seen seen. But yeah I loved the Clusterfuck and all of the shenanigans within. Particularly the Session Moth sheila and when that guy jobbed to a cigarette burn.

WALTER vs PCO was another big highlight, that shit was brutal beyond belief. WALTER has the hardest chops I've ever seen live. When PCO started Hulking Up and NO SELLING THE CHOPS I lost my damn mind. It was truly insane. And then on top of that he busts out his FLIPZ and you have a 50 year old bowling ball looking motherfucker just flipping all over the place like a maniac. His chest was fucking disgusting. PCO actually winning was surprising and felt unexpected, but you can't begrudge him that when he's working out of his skin like this.

The opening cluster was a fun spotfest. I was fucking HOWLING at Teddy Hart flat out refusing to catch a single one of those dives. What a dick. Riddle/Ellsworth was worth it just for the spot where Riddle missed the superkick past Ellsworth's nonexistent chin. Starr/Quack was some neato chain wrestling stuff that actually got over to a past 2am crowd so that's something. I'm glad to have seen Quack live. To be honest I got out of there while Janela/Sasuke was going on because I was completely fucking cooked and out on my feet. But it was a hell of a show.

On another note, not sure where else to say this but the entire Wrestlemania Weekend was a motherfucking blast and I loved every second of it. Shoutout to anyone who posts here that I met over the weekend, we were all using shoot names so I have no idea who that would be, except of course Matt and Justin, and Zoo Enthusiast who helpfully introduced himself to me as Zoo Enthusiast.

#222 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1665 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:10 AM

Was wonderful to meet you!

#223 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9719 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

I was fucking HOWLING at Teddy Hart flat out refusing to catch a single one of those dives.

That was ridiculous. There was another spot at the Pancakes & Piledrivers (was this a matine show ?) where he was sitting in the corner and basically got himself right in position on the mat next to Jack Evans to receive the Lucha Brothers bump, then got back in the corner. Just baffling. Is Teddy Hart always that godawful on purpose (not to mention his offense which make Petey Williams looks like Bob Backlund) ?

The Mercury Rising supershow was easily the best top to bottom show of the indies (ok, I have two more shows to watch + ROH, but I doubt House of Hardcore will be better...). Only the womens match was clearly subpar and the opener was the kind of indierrific clusterfuck that I have no time for, especially during a binge watching session. But the last three matches + the tag team three way brawl (with that pale, fat, old looking guy who does a moonsault and those two Powers of Pain looking mofos going through unbreakable tables, fun stuff) + Sawa vs ZSJ were just the most quality stuff I've seen on a single show. Too bad the announcing sucks though.

#224 Edwin

Edwin
  • Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:51 PM

Is Teddy Hart always that godawful on purpose (not to mention his offense which make Petey Williams looks like Bob Backlund) ?

Teddy Hart is a lunatic. His feud with Homicide in JAPW is great. His work in JAPW is mostly made up of wild arena brawls with a ton of fish hooking, mouth punching, flying unprotected chair shots and random moonsaults off different platforms.

Edit: Can't believe no one has mentioned this, but... Teddy Hart teamed up with BIG POPPA PUMP at the Impact vs. LU event.

dead.gif

They wrestled oVe and the match sucked, but talk about a dream team...

#225 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9719 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:40 AM

Really, he comes of as easily one of the worst guy I've seen during this indy binge, as in "I really don't want to ever see that guy again" bad. Hell, he managed to make Joey Ryan boring at House of Hardcore.

Speaking of which, the biggest takeaway from that show is that Billy Gunn looks freaking awesome at 54. And works about as well as he did 10 years earlier in TNA. Make of that last sentence what you will...

#226 Edwin

Edwin
  • Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

Really, he comes of as easily one of the worst guy I've seen during this indy binge, as in "I really don't want to ever see that guy again" bad.

Have you seen the his feud with Homicide and the other Nuyoricans from the northeast indys, namely JAPW that I mentioned? That is by far his best work, but again, if you don't like modern bloody arena brawls, then you won't like it.

Hell, he managed to make Joey Ryan boring at House of Hardcore.

I guess we have different taste in pro-wres as I've always found Joey Ryan to be average in the ring at best. Even his pre penis "Technical Wizard" gimmick work was average.

#227 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9719 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:53 AM

Nope, haven't seen any of his other work. Not really interested considering what I've seen from him, really.

I usually enjoy Joey Ryan's crass comedy. The match with Hart managed to be boring as hell because Hart can't seem to do comedy either. Damn, for a guy with a name like this, he's absolutely worthless. Not surprising he never got anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users