• 1029 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:49 AM

#42 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1672 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:45 PM

Gage vs Thatcher at Bloodsport. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I think it might be hard to top the first show of the weekend for me.

#43 ShittyLittleBoots

ShittyLittleBoots
  • Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:22 PM

So many good looking matches... Man I love the WM Weekend!

Thatcher's wrestling Munenori Sawa, Daisuke Sekimoto, Nick Gage & Toni Storm. What a wacky, awesome line up!

#44 Stiva

Stiva
  • Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

Bring in Matt Riddle as Ronda Rousey's stoner corner guy who KOs HHH when he tries to interfere at Mania.

#45 Edwin

Edwin
  • Members
  • 1029 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

WALTER vs. Pierre Carl Ouellet at the Joey Janela Spring Break 2 event... :o

#46 bucky

bucky
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

Man what the fuck, Joey is out of his goddamn mind.

#47 concrete1992

concrete1992

Sammy D

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:46 AM

For those not in the know, PCO is currently 50, over 6ft, weights probably 250+ , practices BJJ, and does the sickest moves. 

GCW is doing so many things. 

#48 Blehschmidt

Blehschmidt
  • Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

The video Janela posted on Twitter to announce that match is also quite possibly the greatest thing ever.

#49 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1672 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:14 PM

For those not in the know, PCO is currently 50, over 6ft, weights probably 250+ , practices BJJ, and does the sickest moves. 

GCW is doing so many things.

I’m super-hyped they are running Chicago when I’m going to be there for ROH in May. I’m hoping to make both shows.

#50 Edwin

Edwin
  • Members
  • 1029 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:26 PM

Add Tom Lawlor vs. WALTER to Matt Riddle's Bloodsport.

#51 WrestlingPower

WrestlingPower
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:57 PM

I'm not sure how spread out the events are in NOLA but a word of warning from someone who went to multiple events last year in Orlando. Some shows either start late or run long which cause later shows in the same building to be pushed back. So if you have to travel from one event to another, take that into account. Dylan can probably speak to this more first hand from his experiences last year but that was the biggest criticism I heard, just timing wise & factoring in travel to & from the various shows.

#52 Dylan Waco

Dylan Waco
  • Moderators
  • 10216 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:00 AM

Orlando was a bad situation last year as it is a TERRIBLE traffic city, possibly the worst in the nation that time of year.  NO is also a bad traffic city and i'm told venues aren't that close.  We will never get another year like Dallas where you could literally walk from the WWN venue to the Wrestlecon venue (or NXT/HOF for that matter) in less than ten minutes, but it would be nice not to have spots spread across congested metro areas.  In any event my advice to people would be to pick what troupe has the best stuff and attend only shows in one building for each day.  It'll save you on stress, and with the quality stuff that's been announced everywhere it's hard to go wrong.

#53 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1672 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:32 PM

Orlando was a bad situation last year as it is a TERRIBLE traffic city, possibly the worst in the nation that time of year.  NO is also a bad traffic city and i'm told venues aren't that close.  We will never get another year like Dallas where you could literally walk from the WWN venue to the Wrestlecon venue (or NXT/HOF for that matter) in less than ten minutes, but it would be nice not to have spots spread across congested metro areas.  In any event my advice to people would be to pick what troupe has the best stuff and attend only shows in one building for each day.  It'll save you on stress, and with the quality stuff that's been announced everywhere it's hard to go wrong.

This was what we shot for but Saturday could get messy for me getting from CZW to ROH since in my experience ROH tends to run on time.

#54 Blehschmidt

Blehschmidt
  • Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:47 PM

Apparently the Lousiana Boxing and Wrestling Commission has banned Blood and Piledrivers.

#55 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1672 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:27 AM

Apparently the Lousiana Boxing and Wrestling Commission has banned Blood and Piledrivers.

Isn’t that a standard thing? It’s not like the wrestling cops are going to be at ringside waiting to cuff Nick Gage after he gets busted open.

#56 Edwin

Edwin
  • Members
  • 1029 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:41 PM

Talk about throwing a wrench into things... I can see some indy show having a rudo referee for the match trying to stop a técnico from doing a piledriver, only for a ref. bump occurring and a rudo hitting a piledriver for the finish.

#57 Eduardo

Eduardo
  • Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

Would there really be someone from the commission at 3 a.m. making sure Joey Janela and The Great Sasuke don't get too carried away?

#58 Edwin

Edwin
  • Members
  • 1029 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:16 PM

If anything, the last thing to worry about in the Joey Janela vs. Great Sasuke match is blood and/or a piledriver...

#59 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1672 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

Chris Dickinson vs Dan Severn announced for Bloodsport.

#60 bucky

bucky
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:18 PM

Of course it was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users