Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania Weekend 2018

Cap

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I could have given a monkey a pack of cigarettes and the names on this show and it would have come up with a better card.

That's a bit much. I mean really who can know what the goings on are in putting together this card that might of led it to come out this way. Being the booker is a pretty thankless job most of the time so why dump on the guy and pretend absolutely anyone could've done a better job?

Because that's his whole run as booker. Taking talent you are interested in and making sure they don't interact in any sort of interesting way. I would be less frustrated with the card if Delirious hasn't spent years putting out mediocre shows.

I feel like I could have given a monkey a pack of cigarettes and the names on this show and it would have come up with a better card.

That's a bit much. I mean really who can know what the goings on are in putting together this card that might of led it to come out this way. Being the booker is a pretty thankless job most of the time so why dump on the guy and pretend absolutely anyone could've done a better job?

Because that's his whole run as booker. Taking talent you are interested in and making sure they don't interact in any sort of interesting way. I would be less frustrated with the card if Delirious hasn't spent years putting out mediocre shows.

And those mediocre shows with the level of the talent he has access to use are drawing better than ROH has ever done, now it could be argued that's in spite of his booking but the point is at the end of the day he's still kept as the booker for a reason. Who knows what battles he has to fight to satisfy all the parties involved including with trying to please wrestlers who aren't always the most rational and the Sinclair higher ups who if you've heard what Cornette has spoke about during his time there is an uphill battle in and of itself.

So if a guy like Cornette with at his stint in the company had nearly 2 decades of wrestling booking experience along with his total tenure in the business at a high level was having problems keeping talent happy and in line while also trying to satisfy the Sinclair suits then it wouldn't be crazy to think a guy like Delirious with significantly less experience all around would also face similar struggles.

Obviously Delirious has something to offer as how many wrestling bookers are there today making a living and booking a thriving promotion in North America on a national level? If it was that easy to put it all together that a monkey could do it better than why would Sinclair not get someone else who would obviously do a better job and thus make them more money?

Probably because there isn't anyone else and Delirious does a lot more than he's given credit for. I couldn't imagine how hard it is to keep all the moving parts in sync enough to keep business rolling while satisfying overseas partners,talent and corporate.

You are actually right on a lot of those points in regards to Delirious. But they did have to hire someone for talent relations because he was so bad at it, see the Keith Lee situation. He isn't a good booker but he knows how to navigate Sinclair and puts up with their general ineptitude. There are more qualified people but I don't think it's a situation they would last in.

I mean, I don't think Adam Page is bad mind you, I just don't think he's at the level that either NJPW or ROH seem to thing he is yet.

I find him to be actively bad. He's a heel, in the most high profile feud he's ever had in his short career. And in the lead in to what may be the biggest match of his career as a heel, he did a dropkick into a standing shooting star, which was the biggest pop of the match. It was the stupidest thing in wrestling I have ever seen.

It's Riddle vs Suzuki in KUMITE. The dream match appeal is, if anything, higher.

The biggest appeal Ki/Riddle had was the possibility of the former trying his unprofessional spiel and getting decked.

Is that why he backed out? Or is Ki hurt or something? I was super-looking-forward to that match. I still really need to check out Riddle's show. It'll be interesting to see if all of the matches can pull off the concept.

He released a statement claiming a neck injury, but it doesn't appear he ever had any intention of showing up. It's not like he's someone who would get the benefit of the doubt. Waiting until the day before to cancel comes off as a bitch move designed to hurt the promoter.

Also I saw it pointed out on Twitter the irony of Suzuki's gimmick being someone unprofessional and violent and Low Ki's gimmick being a professional but IRL they are the opposite.

As I pointed out on DVDVR about Suzuki vs. Riddle -- this time around it should be different from their first match as this will be more of a somewhat worked Ganryujima match than a straight up pro-wres match or at least that's what they're making it out to be based on the stipulations.

As I pointed out on DVDVR about Suzuki vs. Riddle -- this time around it should be different from their first match as this will be more of a somewhat worked Ganryujima match than a straight up pro-wres match or at least that's what they're making it out to be based on the stipulations.

Yeah, I hope that's the case. I just feel like Riddle, for all his legit bona fides, has become more and more of a generic indy superstar. So it would be cool to watch him pull out something more unique.

Yeah, I hope that's the case. I just feel like Riddle, for all his legit bona fides, has become more and more of a generic indy superstar. So it would be cool to watch him pull out something more unique.

This has been something I've noticed in a lot of his recent matches. They are becoming very repetitive and the fun/novelty of them is dying down.

So far this year, the only 2 Riddle matches I've seen that have been good/very good are the James Drake match from EVOLVE 100 and the Jeff Cobb match from MLW.

Sucks for Low Ki being an ass. Suzuki is a swank replacement and I liked his first match with Riddle but I would be lying if some of the dream match appeal of Ki vs Riddle is gone

Wait...how is some of the dream match appeal gone? That seems silly.

Riddle and Suzuki have already wrestled.

WWN already providing some quality this weekend... Website is down. Glad I cancelled my subscription and will just use Fite TV to get their events (which is more useful to me as they also stream RIZIN and the problems I've ever had with were minimal and always had a steady and reliable HQ stream).

So...

Keith Lee just beat Ohno at Axxess. I'd say that gives us a perspective on what WWE thinks about Lee.

It's been rumored he signed a while back and was just waiting for medicals and finishing up his remaining bookings. I would think this seemingly confirms this. Not so much that he won (it was for his WWN title) but that they had him in there with the NXT player/coach/gatekeeper.