• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NWA Lutte Internationale TV LIVE

February 22nd, 1986

CNE Coliseum, Toronto, ON

dieu.jpg220px-Nwalogobw.jpg

(After the opening credits and a little video recap of the history between Terry Gordy and Rick Martel, we go to the broadcast booth to kick off the show)

Guy Hauray: This is our biggest TV episode yet. We are indeed live from the CNE Coliseum in Toronto, Ontario and we’ll also be in simulcast later on tonight with the Battle of the Belts event in Florida. A huge night of action ahead of us as Rick Martel will be defending the NWA World Heavyweight Championship against NWA National Heavyweight Champion & Fabulous Freebird Terry Gordy.

Édouard Carpentier: This one has literally been 2 years in the making. Ever since Terry Gordy beat Rick Martel in the finals of the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup in 1984, we’ve been waiting for the rematch. And this is Rick Martel’s opportunity to get the proverbial monkey off his back by beating Gordy.

Guy Hauray: This should be a classic matchup but Toronto will be treated with his share of title matches themselves. As announced last week, Adrian Adonis will be defending his NWA Canadian International TV Championship against NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit but we’ll have a 2nd title match for you tonight and this was a bit unexpected. If you follow the UWF, you probably know by now that Hacksaw Jim Duggan recently captured the UWF Continental Heavyweight Championship. Duggan was scheduled to be here tonight but with this title win, he has accepted to defend his championship and he will do so against none other than Stud Stable member Jimmy Golden.

Édouard Carpentier: What a treat for the Toronto faithful. Jim Duggan has always been popular everywhere he went and it’s a true honor for us to have him in action this week on TV.

Guy Hauray: In any event, we are ready for our first match of the week and this follows the arrival of Killer Khan in Lutte Internationale as he’ll be featured in our first match!

Match #1

Richard “Le Magnifique” Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Killer Khan (w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman) in 13:38. After the match, The Botswana Beast jumps on Richard Charland and it’s a 2-on-1 on Le Magnifique! The broadcast team mentions that King Tonga has a match coming up next but they’re still surprised that Tonga didn’t come to the aid of Charland...

Match #2

King Tonga (w/Frenchy Martin) beat MS-1 in 7:47 with the Tongan Death Grip. After the match, we see Jimmy Golden going to the ring and shaking hands with King Tonga & Frenchy Martin. Édouard Carpentier leaves the broadcast booth to join the trio in the ring.

Édouard Carpentier: Gentlemen, I’m a bit confused here. In the past 2 weeks, the Stud Stable wanted to prove that they were tougher than King Tonga and now you’re buddying up with him & Frenchy. What is going on?

Jimmy Golden: Let me take care of this, Frenchy...You see, Mr. Carpentier, it is true that in the past couple of weeks the Stud Stable went out of its way to demonstrate its toughness. And we wanted King Tonga to earn our respect in every way possible. And while things didn’t go my way or my cousin Robert Fuller’s way, we still found some positives. Because, yeah, King Tonga earned my respect, he earned Robert’s respect, he earned Ron’s respect. King Tonga proved that he’s a Stud.

Édouard Carpentier: Frenchy Martin, what does this mean?

Frenchy Martin: This means, sir, that my men King Tonga & Richard Charland will be working together with the Stud Stable going forward. Wherever we go now, the Stud Stable will go. Wherever the Stud Stable goes, we go as well. Everyone should consider themselves warned in the National Wrestling Alliance.

Jimmy Golden: And first and foremost, this means that Hacksaw Jim Duggan, you’re first on the list. Tonight, I’m taking your UWF Continental Heavyweight Championship and I’m gonna have King Tonga in my corner to make sure the belt comes home with the Stud Stable!

(Jimmy Golden, King Tonga & Frenchy Martin leave all together as Édouard Carpentier returns to the broadcast booth)

Édouard Carpentier: An interesting alliance being made here between Frenchy Martin’s men and the Stud Stable. And I guess that after the beating Richard Charland got from the Creatchman Family, he’s gonna like that backup with him.

Guy Hauray: We should see pretty soon if that new alliance will pay off since now Jimmy Golden comes with a psychological advantage over UWF Continental Heavyweight Champion Hacksaw Jim Duggan for this newly added title match. More action after the commercial break.

****COMMERCIAL BREAK****

Match #3

Bruce Hart beat “California Stud” Rod Price in 10:04 with the Sharpshooter

Match #4

NWA Canadian International TV Championship

Adrian Adonis (w/Paul E. Dangerously & The Nasty Boys) beat NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit in 14:32 to retain after a distraction from the Nasty Boys allowed Paul E. to use knock Benoit behind the head with his phone allowing Adonis to get the pin after a piledriver.

*****COMMERCIAL BREAK*****

Match #5

Special Attraction

UWF Continental Heavyweight Championship

Hacksaw Jim Duggan beat Jimmy Golden (w/Frenchy Martin & King Tonga) in 11:02 to retain after a football tackle. After the match, King Tonga jumped on Hacksaw Jim Duggan but Duggan was able to fight both Tonga & Golden. Unfortunately for Frenchy though, Duggan nailed him with a solid right hand that sent him flying on the outside. Could we soon see a confrontation between Duggan & King Tonga in the near future?

Match #6

Sika beat NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Butcher Vachon in 6:42. The broadcast team mentions that this is the 2nd Samoan beating the tag team champions since Sika’s nephew, Prince Alofa Fatu pinned Butcher’s brother, Mad Dog Vachon last night in Edmonton. Looks like those Samoans have the Vachons’ number. The broadcast team ponders if they could be the ones sending the Vachons into retirement!

****COMMERCIAL BREAK****

Match #7

Satanico beat Kelly Kiniski in 13:26. Postmatch, the 2 other members of Los Infernales, Pirata Morgan & MS-1 come to the ring to speak with Satanico. Once again, all 3 men are shoving each other but then, Pirata Morgan & MS-1 decide to gang up on Satanico! Incredible turn of events but wait....the NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit jumps in the ring to chase Morgan & MS-1 off the ring! Stunnning turn of events as the broadcast team wonders why Benoit came to help Satanico!

MAIN EVENT

Simulcast from Battle of the Belts

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Rick Martel © vs NWA National Heavyweight Champion Terry Gordy

The crowd still has a lot left for this huge bout and these guys gave them their money's worth. Gordy brings the fight right away but Martel doesn't back down and the two go toe to toe. Martel gets control with several hip tosses and drop kicks. Martel body slams Gordy and jumps up and down shaking his fists. Martel swings Gordy into the turnbuckles but Gordy runs forward and nearly decapitates Martel with a clothesline! Gordy takes Martel up and back with a belly to back suplex, Gordy repeats this then covers but Martel barley kicks out. Gordy slams Martel hard, backs up and crashes down with a running leg drop. Once again he cant put Martel away. Gordy goes for the piledriver but Martel back drops him. Martel regroups and hits Gordy with a belly to back suplex of his own. Martel covers but Gordy kicks out. Martel body slams Gordy and follows with a diving knee drop. Martel covers 1..2..Gordy kicks out. Gordy rakes the eyes, hoists Martel on his shoulders and falls back with a Samoan Drop! Gordy is still reeling and takes a while to cover. Martel kicks out. Gordy drops down and applies the Oriental Spike. Gordy releases picks Martel up, swings him to the ropes and nails him with a big boot to the face that sends Martel out of the ring. Gordy goes out and swings Martel towards the steel post but Martel reverses it and Gordy's head slams into the post, busting him open! Martel rolls in the ring and tries to regroup. The Ref starts the count on Gordy. Gordy rolls back in at the count of 9. Martel picks up Gordy and hits the backbreaker. Martel covers 1..2..Gordy gets his foot on the ropes. Martel picks up Gordy but Gordy grabs Martel's head and snaps it down on the top rope. Martel flies back and Gordy clears the cobwebs. Gordy is bleeding bad. Gordy picks up Martel and hits the piledriver! Gordy's blood lost shows as it takes awhile for him to cover. Gordy rolls over 1..2..No! Martel gets his foot on the ropes. Both men are laying there. Gordy manages to get up and swings Martel to the ropes but Martel comes back with a flying body press that sends both men over the top rope! The Ref starts the count. Both men wobble up and start trading punches. They keep fighting as the ref reaches 10. The bell rings signaling for a Double Countout. Martel and Gordy keep fighting. They even fight into the cheering crowd. They bring the fight back towards the ring. They keep hammering away on each other. Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts come out and start throwing punches at Martel. They triple team Martel and throw him into the ring. Bob Backlund and Wahoo McDaniel come out to even things up. More wrestlers come out to break it up. While all the wrestlers are on the outside, Harley Race enters the ring. He picks up Martel and hits him with a swinging neckbreaker. Race looks down and says something then walks out. The Freebirds are yelling at the other wrestlers and raising Gordy's arm.

Ring Announcer: The official ruling of the match is a double countout. Rick Martel is still the NWA World Champion. Thank you for attending the Battle of the Belts.

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

February 23rd, 1986

Vancouver, BC

NWA Canadian International Tag Team Championship: The Vachons beat Bob Roop & Kamala in 14:54 to retain

-Gilles "The Fish" Poisson upsets King Tonga (w/Frenchy Martin) in 9:55

-The Great Samu (w/Floyd Creatchman) beat MS-1 in 9:07

Submission Match: Jos LeDuc beat Bruce Hart in 27:14 with a bearhug

-Pirata Morgan beat Lord Humongous (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 10:44

6-Men Tag: Richard Charland & NWA US Tag Team Champions The Stud Stable (Jimmy Golden & Robert Fuller) beat The Nasty Boys & NWA Canadian International TV Champion Adrian Adonis (w/Paul E. Dangerously) in 27:42 with Jimmy Golden getting the pin on Brian Knobbs after a brawl outside between Charland and Adonis allowed Robert Fuller to nail Knobbs with a US Tag Title belt.

-Satanico beat "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal in 14:21

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Rick Martel beat Raymond Rougeau in 51:09 to retain

Originally, the plan was for Martel to go over Gordy but after discussions with spaldoni while planning that part of Battle of the Belts, we decided to go the double countout plan and set up Martel vs Race on March 11.

I already have another place & date in mind for Martel vs Gordy 3 :)

Man the wheels are in motion for a lot of fun angles. Martel sure had a busy couple of days. Proves what a versatile champ he is. I would love to see Duggan and Tonga go at it. Benoit's involvement with Los Infernales is very intriguing. Liked the teaming of Roop and Kamala. What a fun 6 man with Charland and the Stud Stable going against Adonis and the Nasty Boys. I love how it's everybody against everybody here not just standard faces versus heels, adds a lot of possibilities.

To follow up on Martel/Gordy, I figured this match would set up a huge blow off and with the history of this rivalry happening in Lutte, I think it's only fitting the conclusion should happen there. Martel/Gordy 3 will sellout any venue. A big thank you to Edger for helping me set up Martel/Race.

Man the wheels are in motion for a lot of fun angles. Martel sure had a busy couple of days. Proves what a versatile champ he is. I would love to see Duggan and Tonga go at it. Benoit's involvement with Los Infernales is very intriguing. Liked the teaming of Roop and Kamala. What a fun 6 man with Charland and the Stud Stable going against Adonis and the Nasty Boys. I love how it's everybody against everybody here not just standard faces versus heels, adds a lot of possibilities.

To follow up on Martel/Gordy, I figured this match would set up a huge blow off and with the history of this rivalry happening in Lutte, I think it's only fitting the conclusion should happen there. Martel/Gordy 3 will sellout any venue. A big thank you to Edger for helping me set up Martel/Race.

Yeah, my booking philosophy is that it would pretty much be a tug of war between every possible faction to get top billings in the NWA, no matter where they go and I think that this is the best way for me to get full advantage of our partnership in the National Wrestling Alliance. Plus, it's fun to plant seeds here and there and allow the other bookers a possibility to follow up on them or just, place another brick on the wall for another booker to continue afterwards. It's a big teamwork in the broadest sense of the term. ;)

February 28th, 1986

Ottawa, ON

-NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit & Satanico beat Los Infernales in 18:38

-Donna Day beat Sherri Martel in 13:22

-Chris Candido & Jos LeDuc beat The Devil's Duo in 17:44

NWA Canadian International TV Championship: Adrian Adonis (w/Paul E. Dangerously & The Nasty Boys) beat Richard Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) in 2:23 after the Nasties attacked Charland during his entrance!

Lumberjack Match: Gilles "The Fish" Poisson beat NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Mad Dog Vachon

6-Men Tag Team Match: The Rougeau Brothers beat The Hart Brothers in 54:51