Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Lutte Internationale February 1986

SirEdger

February 9th, 1986

Calgary, AB

NWA United States Heavyweight Championship: Magnum TA beat NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit in 8:05 to retain

-Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Wahoo McDaniel in 14:28

-Raymond Rougeau beat "Maniac" Matt Borne in 14:50

NWA Canadian International TV Championship: Adrian Adonis (w/Paul E. Dangerously & Nasty Boys) beat Lord Humongous (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 12:20 to retain

-"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal beat Keith Hart in 14:50

-Bruce Hart beat NWA US Tag Team Champion Ron Fuller in 15:26

Ladder Match to earn a spot in the NWA National Tag Team Championship Tournament: The Creatchman Family (Fatu & Samu) beat The Fabulous Freebirds in 1:33 after The Rougeau Brothers attacked Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts in retaliation for their attack on Rick Martel last night on Lutte TV. Fatu & Samu earn their spot in the National Tag Team Championship tournament. NWA National Heavyweight Champion Terry Gordy ran in to give the Freebirds a 3-on-2 advantage and challenged Jacques Rougeau to a match right away in the main event! Jacques accepts.

NWA National Heavyweight Championship: Terry Gordy beat NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Champion Jacques Rougeau in 14:38 to retain. Only Gordy's title was on the line so Jacques retains his championship as well.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

February 14th, 1986

Edmonton, AB

-Chris Candido upsets Robert Fuller in 8:02

-"Maniac" Matt Borne & Keith Hart beat The Creatchman Family (w/Eddy & Floyd Creatchman) in 10:22, despite Matt Borne walking out on Keith Hart midway through the match after a miscue. Keith Hart's brother, Bruce, came out and was allowed to replace Borne until the end of the match!

6-Men Tag: Gilles Poisson & The Long Riders beat Jimmy Snuka, Ron Starr & Chicky Starr

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Rick Martel beat Jos LeDuc in 15:03 to retain

NWA Lutte Internationale TV LIVE!

February 15th, 1986

Saint-Ambroise-de-Chicoutimi, QC

dieu.jpg220px-Nwalogobw.jpg

(After footage from last week’s main event, we go to the opening intro and then, the broadcast booth to kickoff this week’s show.)

Guy Hauray: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to this week’s live edition of NWA Lutte Internationale TV. You saw in the opening moments of the show the ending to last week’s main event as The Fabulous Freebirds assaulted NWA World Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel after his gruelling near 60-minute match with Mad Dog Vachon. It’s safe to say that the champion didn’t appreciate this. As a matter of fact, he has requested some interview time, Eddy.

Édouard Carpentier: Understandably so, Guy. Rick definitely felt like the Freebirds were trying to take advantage of his weakened state by injuring him. Rick is a proud man and most importantly, a proud champion. So, it’s perfectly normal for him to feel this way. And speaking of the champ, he sent us those comments from Texas, as he’s currently working a WCCW event tonight.

(Rick Martel stands in front of the camera, in ther lockerroom, wearing street clothes, with the NWA World Heavyweight Championship on his shoulder.)

Rick Martel: I’m definitely very thankful to my friends, Raymond & Armand for doing what they did last week. I’m no fool. I knew from day one that winning this title would mean that I’d get a big target on my back. But you don’t come in our territory, MY territory, and expect to let anything slide. Look, Terry Gordy, I know this is about you and I. Ever since you beat Armand Rougeau in Atlanta to become the National Heavyweight Champion, you feel invincible. And you’ve been invincible as you destroyed everyone on your path. Now tonight, in the main event, I know that you’re facing Raymond Rougeau and don’t think you’ll get away that easily because Raymond will push you to your very limits. However, if this is me you want, all you had to do was ask. Contrarily to what some people believe, I’m not ducking anyone and I’m not backing out of a challenge. So...

(Rick Martel’s message is interrupted by The Fabulous Freebirds, who make their way to the booth.)

Michael Hayes: Whooooooaaaa, easy, tiger. Easy. We ain’t here to fight, we’re here to talk. Trust me, I’m gonna keep that fighting for later tonight when I take my turn in beating Armand Rougeau myself. And you’ve been mentioning my brother Terry wrestling Raymond Rougeau in the main event tonight. Hell, I tell you what. You go tell Raymond, Mr. Carpentier, that Terry is willing to put his National Heavyweight title on the line against him tonight. But enough about the Rougeaus, let’s talk about the champ. Terry, tell Martel what you told me earlier.

Terry Gordy: You know, people made a big deal out of you beating Ric Flair for the World Heavyweight Championship at Starrcade. And that was something quite impressive. People are gushing at the fact that you’ve beaten the Nature Boy. That you’ve beaten everybody. But we both know the truth, champ; you haven’t beaten everybody. Because you still have yet to beat....me.

(Buddy & Michael high-five each other)

Terry Gordy: The first time I came here 2 years ago, it was for the first edition of the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup. And the both of us, we met in the finals. And you remember what happened, don’t ya?

Michael Hayes: Well, if you don’t champ, I’ll refresh your memory: HE BEAT YA. ONE, TWO, THREE, CLEAN AS A WHISTLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING, HAHAHA!

Terry Gordy: And we know for a fact, champ, that this has been eating you alive ever since. Two years in a row, you fell short. And you’re gonna realize soon enough that I ain’t Austin Idol. I’m Terry freaking Gordy and I’m from Badstreet, USA...Michael and I are gonna offer you a chance to redeem yourself, champ.

(Hayes & Buddy are now standing behind Gordy, rubbing his shoulders and grinning.)

Terry Gordy: Unless I’m mistaken, next week, we’re live from the CNE Coliseum in Toronto. That’s arguably gonna be the biggest TV show of the year so far. The both of us know it’s time for us to settle this once and for all. I’m gonna ask you this only once, Martel.....I want my shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Championship next week in Toronto. If you’re the champ you say you are, you’re gonna give it to me.

(Michael Hayes steps in front of Gordy, like he just had an epiphany.)

Michael Hayes: Hey, wait a minute, brother. Wait a minute. I just realized something. It just dawned on me that next week in Florida, it’s the Battle of the Belts. Why doing this in Toronto when we could do this on the biggest stage possible? Hell, I’m sure that Bruno won’t mind having this to be a simulcast from both locations, right? C’mon champ, what do you say? Are you man enough to have this take place in neutral grounds? Not in Atlanta, not in Toronto. Let’s do this in Florida.

(The Freebirds are interrupted by Raymond Rougeau, who makes his way to the broadcast booth.)

Raymond Rougeau: Like Rick said before you three came out; he’s never ducked anybody and he’s never backed out of any challenge. He’s the NWA World Heavyweight Champion for a reason, Michael Hayes. And Terry Gordy, you might’ ve beaten him 2 years ago in the finals of the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup but the difference between 2 years ago and next week will be that you’re gonna face him 100%. No conspiracies, no handouts, no bounties. No nothing. You’re gonna face the best Rick Martel you’ll ever see. So the only thing I’m gonna tell you before February 22nd is this; you better be ready and bring your A-game because you’re gonna need it. He’ll be 100% in Florida but I can’t guarantee the same for you after you wrestle me tonight. So, I guess the only thing left to say is that Rick Martel will see you in Florida next Saturday night.

(The crowd roars as Rougeau walks back to the locker room and the Freebirds seem a bit perplexed by what they saw. Buddy Roberts tries to calm down Michael Hayes, who’s a bit agitated because he didn’t expect Raymond Rougeau to show up. Gordy still stares in front of him, hopeful to get in a fight before their encounter next week, to no avail.)

Guy Hauray: What a huge match we’re gonna get next week. Battle of the Belts in Florida will host Rick Martel’s biggest title defense yet against the current National Heavyweight Champion Terry Gordy.

Édouard Carpentier: That’s if Terry retains the National Heavyweight title tonight against Raymond Rougeau. That’s no guarantee that Gordy will show up as the National Heavyweight Champion next week. Raymond can easily take that title away from him.

Guy Hauray: In any event, we’ll see about that as we’re also gonna get Armand Rougeau vs Michael PS Hayes a bit later as well. But first, our current Canadian International Heavyweight Champion Jacques Rougeau will be involved in a special tag team attraction to kick us off!

Match #1

NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Champion Jacques Rougeau & Jimmy Snuka beat Los Infernales in 16:40 after a Superfly Splash from Jimmy Snuka on MS-1. After the match, there is some dissension between all 3 members of Los Infernales....and they start fighting among each others!!!

Match #2

Bruce Hart beat “Maniac” Matt Borne in 11:20 with a missile dropkick

****COMMERCIAL BREAK****

Match #3

Susan Star beat Penny Mitchell in 18:42 in a special Ladies’ attraction match

Match #4

Prince Alofa Fatu (w/Floyd Creatchman) beat Richard “Le Magnifique” Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) in 14:48 after interference from KILLER KHAN, accompanied by Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman! Killer Khan was the monster that Eddy Creatchman had been talking about for weeks! Khan applies a nervehold on Charland until several referees come in to attempt stopping him. But only Eddy Creatchman is able to stop him and he orders him to the back. What a huge acquisition for The Creatchman Family!

****COMMERCIAL BREAK****

Guy Hauray: We’re back on NWA Lutte Internationale TV as we just witnessed the arrival of Killer Khan in Lutte Internationale. Can you believe that he was the monster that The Brain had been hyping for weeks now?

Édouard Carpentier: If you thought the Creatchman Family was dangerous before his arrival, they are even more dangerous now with Killer Khan. This man has been on a rampage ever since his handler had ben ran off the AWA. And Eddy Creatchman is even more devious than Tojo Yamamoto. So you can only imagine what Killer Khan can be up to going forward.

Guy Hauray: We’ll have to see eventually but now, joining us, the NWA Canadian International TV Champion Adrian Adonis, along with his manager Paul E. Dangerously & the Nasty Boys.

(The quartet make their way to the booth, Paul E being first, followed by the TV champion Adrian Adonis and the Nasty Boys behind him)

Paul E. Dangerously: Why, thank you for the introduction, Mr. Hauray. I must tell you....what an incredible night so far! First, we’re getting Rick Martel vs Terry Gordy – in Florida, nonetheless – next week; and then, we also witness the arrival of Killer Khan in the territory. I mean, gosh, what else could happen?

Guy Hauray: Well...

Paul E. Dangerously: I’ll tell you what will happen. You, sir, are not paying enough attention to the best champion you’ve got here in the territory and I’m talking about Adrian Adonis. I get it, this is a huge deal to have such a massive match taking place in the National Wrestling Alliance but what Bruno Sammartino failed to do while apparently agreeing to have this match take place at Battle of the Belts in Florida next Saturday night is that now, this TV show finds itself without a main event in Toronto. How astute, right?

Guy Hauray: But...

Paul E. Dangerously: Can’t you detect sarcasm when you see it? Geez....anyway....the fact is that you now find yourself without a main event in Toronto next week. But before we get to that, Adrian just told me before we got here that he doesn’t like Killer Khan arriving here because he’s stealing his spotlight. A spotlight that he waited to have for the past 16 months. So , with all due respect to the Creatchmans, Adrian Adonis won’t take this lying down. This is why tomorrow night, Mr. Creatchman, if he understands anything you say, tell him that Adrian Adonis wants to defend his TV championship against him in Kingston, ON tomorrow night.

Guy Hauray: Wow, that’s a bold challenge. In any event, what did you have in mind for next week?

Paul E. Dangerously: Well, as I was about to say, we now find ourselves without a main event next week. Well...at least, in Toronto, that is. And my understanding is that Adrian is scheduled for a TV championship title defense next week, am I correct, sir?

Guy Hauray: Yes indeed...and I’ve just been informed that Adrian Adonis will be defending the NWA Canadian International TV Championship against the current NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit next week in Toronto.

Paul E. Dangerously: Really? Now, that’s interesting. There is no denying the notion that Chris Benoit is already showing a tremendous amount of potential as he captured the NWA World Light Heavyweight Championship in a tournament where he surely wasn’t the favourite. But in front of the word “Heavyweight” in his championship description, there is the word “Light”. Which means concretely that Chris Benoit isn’t a heavyweight. Conversely, Adrian Adonis, the current NWA Canadian International TV Champion, is a heavyweight. He’s always been a heavyweight. One of the best and underrated in the world. And speaking of world, this makes a world of differences because now, Chris Benoit will find himself in a double disadvantage. 1) because Adrian will have, as usual, the championship advantage, and 2) because Benoit, a light heavyweight, will face Adrian, a heavyweight.

Guy Hauray: With all due respect to you, Paul, Chris Benoit has shown since his debut here that he can compete with the best heavyweights in the world.

Paul E. Dangerously: I will not dispute that fact, sir. But I can assure you that Chris Benoit hasn’t seen anything yet. This is Adrian Adonis we’re talking about. You saw for yourself last Sunday night while he gave it a valiant effort, when Benoit found himself against a top caliber wrestler like Magnum TA, Benoit crumbled and lost. Far from me the idea to ask Chris Benoit to reconsider taking this title match, but while the prospect of being a double champion is very appealing, I would highly recommend Chris Benoit to weigh the pros and cons of accepting this title match next week. And one last word of advice for the challenger next week; while the grass is always greener at your neighbor’s place, sometimes, it’s just better for you to stay home. You think about that and until next week, I bid you adieu.

(Paul E, Adonis & the Nasties leave the set)

Édouard Carpentier: Looks like Paul E is trying to mess with Chris Benoit’s psyche ahead of their title match next week in Toronto. I don’t know if this will affect him at all but I know that Benoit will be ready for this.

Guy Hauray: He most certainly will. Up next in Saint-Ambroise, our first Rougeaus vs Freebirds showdown of the night as Armand Rougeau takes on Michael Hayes!

Match #5

Michael PS Hayes (w/Buddy Jack Roberts) beat Armand Rougeau in 12:28 after Buddy Jack blinded Armand with his hair cream! Big brother & Canadian International Heavyweight Champion Jacques Rougeau ran in for the save!

Match #6

“Wild” Bill Irwin beat NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Mad Dog Vachon in 10:22. Did the Long Riders earn themselves a future tag team championship match against the Vachons???

*****COMMERCIAL BREAK****

Match #7

Street Fight

King Tonga (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Robert Fuller in 16:05. After the match, Robert Fuller took the mic at the broadcast booth...

Robert Fuller: Hey Tonga....You’re one tough bastard, I’ll tell you that much. But you’re no Stud, like me and my brother Ron and my cousin Jimmy Golden. As a matter of fact, if you wanna prove that you’re a Stud, my cousin Jimmy is challenging you to a Steel Cage Match this Friday night in Edmonton! If you can beat him, then, maybe, we can consider you a Stud!

(Fuller gives the mic back to Guy Hauray and limps back to the locker room)

Guy Hauray: And I thought that they couldn’t be more insane; now Jimmy Golden wants King Tonga inside of a cage???

Édouard Carpentier: They sure don’t lack any confidence. I would personally question that judgment call from the Stud Stable but they seem hellbent to prove that they can be tougher than King Tonga.

Guy Hauray: We’ll find out about that this Friday night in Edmonton but when we come back, it’s our main event for the NWA National Heavyweight Championship!

******COMMERCIAL BREAK********

MAIN EVENT

Match #8

NWA National Heavyweight Championship

Terry Gordy beat Raymond Rougeau in 41:06 with a Lariat to retain the National Heavyweight Championship. After the match, Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts join Gordy in beating down Raymond Rougeau. Where is the help for Raymond? A camera shows backstage that The Nasty Boys have barricaded the babyfaces’ locker room and both Jacques & Armand Rougeau are trapped inside! In the meantime, the Freebirds are destroying Raymond Rougeau in the ring and Terry Gordy hits a massive spike piledriver with the help of Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts! This week’s show ends with the Fabulous Freebirds celebrating their dastardly attack on Raymond Rougeau!

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

Man you are doing a phenomenal job with the Freebirds! They will return to Texas even bigger stars than they left.

I'm enjoying everything you've been doing with Matt Borne so far....I look forward to whats next.

Not sure what the Stud Stable is up to screwing with King Tonga but I'm sure they have a plan.

Paul E and Adonis continue to be one of my favorite parts of the show week after week!

Wow a lot happening in Lutte! Martel vs. Gordy at Battle of the Belts! Paul E. was great tonight. Adonis/Benoit should be very interesting. The arrival of Killer Khan! That could only mean trouble. The Freebirds are on fire! I would love to see the Long Riders and Vachons go at it. LOL the Stud Stable have a lot of guts to keep messing with Tonga.

Man you are doing a phenomenal job with the Freebirds! They will return to Texas even bigger stars than they left.

I'm enjoying everything you've been doing with Matt Borne so far....I look forward to whats next.

Not sure what the Stud Stable is up to screwing with King Tonga but I'm sure they have a plan.

Paul E and Adonis continue to be one of my favorite parts of the show week after week!

The tough part about writing Paul E. though is that I must keep in mind to stay away from his current promo style in modern day and try to take an approach more like what he did when I first saw him in the AWA and in WCW circa 1989. I can't tell for sure if I'm successful yet but if you enjoy it, I must do something right! ;)

February 16th, 1989

Kingston, ON

-The show kicked off with a Hart Brothers promo but they were quickly assaulted by both The Fabulous Freebirds & the Nasty Boys, who helped the Freebirds in their assault of Raymond Rougeau last night. All 3 Rougeau Brothers & Pedro Morales made the save for the Harts and they challenged the Freebirds & the Nasties to an 8-Men Elimination Tag Team Match in the main event!

-WCCW 6-Men Tag Team Champions Kerry & Kevin Von Erich beat Chris Candido & Gilles Poisson in 7:37

NWA Canadian International TV Championship: Adrian Adonis (w/Paul E. Dangerously) beat Killer Khan (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 6:33 to retain. The end came as Killer Khan spat some mist at Paul E. Dangerously on the ring apron and while the referee was tending to Paul E, Adonis used the TV title belt to knock out Killer Khan!

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Rick Martel beat Ken Wayne in 13:10 to retain

2 out of 3 Falls Match: Gino Brito beat Trommy Rogers 2 falls to 1 in 43:31

NWA Canadian International Tag Team Championship: The Vachons beat Los Infernales in 17:26 to retain, following a miscue from Satanico on Pirata Morgan. After the match, Morgan & MS-1 turn on Satanico!!!

8-Men Elimination Tag Team Match: The Rougeau Brothers & Pedro Morales beat The Fabulous Freebirds (w/Buddy Roberts) & The Nasty Boys in 37:54

Order of elimination:

-Brian Knobbs by Pedro Morales

-Armand Rougeau by Michael Hayes

-Jerry Sags by Raymond Rougeau

-Pedro Morales by Terry Gordy

-Michael Hayes by Jacques Rougeau

-Terry Gordy got intentionally counted out and retreated backstage.

That TV was insanely great. Birds and Martel/Rougeaus is immediately one of the hottest feuds in the NWA. Los Infernales imploding can't be a good thing for anyone. Khan v. Adonis is an incredible feud. The Fullers continue to want to die. And a great Paul E. promo as the cherry on top.

I enjoy how you seem to have a plan for Satanico and crew. Brito vs. Rogers is a sneaky great wrestling match. Adonis and Khan would have been fun fro 6 minutes and left everyone wanting more. Good setup and great execution on the 8 man tag.

February 21st, 1986

Edmonton, AB

-MS-1 beat Armand Rougeau in 9:53

-Tommy Rogers beat Kelly Kiniski in 15:01

-Pirata Morgan beat Nick Kiniski in 9:03

Falls Count Anywhere: Prince Alofa Fatu (w/Floyd Creatchman) beat NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Mad Dog Vachon in 20:34

Submission Match: Keith Hart beat Raymond Rougeau in 26:52 with the Sharpshooter

Steel Cage Match: King Tonga (w/Frenchy Martin) beat NWA US Tag Team Champion Jimmy Golden in a bloodbath at 14:35. Postmatch, Golden tentatively shook hands with King Tonga! Did Tonga finally earned the Stud Stable's respect?

NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Championship: Jacques Rougeau beat Bruce Hart in 24:17 to retain