Pro Wrestling Only

World Class Championship Wrestling: Feb. 1986

GeneJackson95

As much as I love Embry the moron, Embry pissed off is even better. That deal with Bad News and Ronnie both wanting and qualified to be the loner badass is so awesome. Dutch can't seem to win. Everywhere he goes he has bounties on him. Embry being aided by Leatherface is all kinds of great.

Great card with some exciting brawling and a Kerry stretcher job for Kamala. And the lesser von Erichs winning a tag team battle gauntlet to nobody's surprise. :)

WCCWGoldRushLogo.jpg

World Class Championship Wrestling TV presents:

GOLD RUSH '86

Every Match on this episode is a title match!!

Special 2 hour edition

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 2/13 Airing on Friday 2/21 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

(Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard are in tuxedos standing in front of the World Class set)

Mercer: "Hello wrestling fans and welcome to a very special edition of World Class Championship Wrestling….It's called Gold Rush because ALL of the gold here in World Class will be on the line along with the NWA World Heavyweight Championship!"

Prichard: "That's right Rick Martel will be putting that title on the line against a former NWA Champion in the one and only Terry Funk!"

Mercer: "Also the heated rivalry between Iceman Parsons and Eddie Gilbert continues as Gilbert gets another chance to actually win the belt he STOLE from Iceman recently, I understand before matchmaker Frank Dusek would sign tonight's contest, Eddie Gilbert had to return the belt to him, which he finally did."

Prichard: "I think that's ridiculous, if Parsons wanted his belt back he should have had to fight him for it."

Mercer: "Well I think if Gilbert wanted the belt he should have to beat Parsons in a match for it, not just steal it."

Prichard: "I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then…"

Mercer: Speaking of that match, let's go to it….right now."

WCCW Television Championship

"Iceman" King Parsons fought "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert w/Missy Hyatt to a double countout. Afterwards Fritz announced these two will meet in a rematch for the TV title tomorrow night in Houston…and it will be a lumberjack match.

(Highlights are shown of all the craziness that's gone on in recent months involving Bad News/Shultz/Garvin and now recently Dutch Mantell)

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship

"Dr. D" David Shultz pinned Bad News Allen with this feet on the ropes……After the match, Dutch Mantell hit the ring and attacked Shultz, Bad News got involved and it became a three way brawl until Ronnie Garvin ran in and it became a wild four way battle until the show went to commercial

(Jimmy Garvin approaches Eric Embry in the dressing room)

Garvin: "Eric, can I ask you something before we head out for the match?"

Eric: "Sure Jimbo, shoot!"

Garvin: "Please don't call me Jimbo…..anyway. How long had you been cooking up this Leatherface plan? I mean, I wondered why you kept mentioning him…then all of a sudden somebody shows up dressed like Leatherface and now we're the North American tag champs….it's almost like you planned the whole thing….but surely not cause…well….I mean….that's pretty elaborate for somebody who seems…..you know…"

Eric: "No I don't know….what are you saying Jimmy? Someone as stupid as me? Is that what you are trying to ask Jimmy? How did someone as dumb as I seem to be come up with something so smart?"

Garvin: "No no no….that's not what I'm saying at all Eric…..but….I do find it odd that while you do seem a bit….I don't know…aloof shall we say….everything you've come up with has worked flawlessly….all the stuff with Shultz where all the heat with my brother fell back on him…" (Embry interupts)

Eric: "Jimmy, Jimmy….don't overthink it buddy. I'm still the same ol' Eric. I still love eating at Panchos and I'm still the nice guy you've known this whole time…..I just happened to be friends with Leatherface."

Garvin: "Yeah…so back to that. Who did you get to dress up as Leatherface?"

Eric: "I didn't get anyone to dress up like Leatherface…..I'm actually friends with Leatherface….the real Leatherface….I've known him for years. Again, Jimmy don't overthink things man….I've got this."

Garvin: (rolls his eyes) "You're right, I don't know what I was thinking of course you are friends with the REAL Leatherface (Sighs) ….still the same ol' Eric. Let's go defend our belts."

Eric: (raises his eyebrow to the camera) "Don't be jealous Jimmy, I'm sure you've got some cool friends that will help us out one day too….but in the meantime, you just let dumb ol' Eric do what he does and we'll be fine."

NWA North American Tag Team Championship

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious defeated "Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda when Embry pinned Dundee with a small package and a handful of tights after Embry appeared to have injured his knee and Dundee took a step back for a moment and Embry took advantage

Backstage: Marc Lowrance talks about the Main Event this week in Houston as Kerry Von Erich will seek revenge one on one against Kamala the Ugandan Headhunter! Also on the card: Ronnie Garvin challenges David Shultz for the Texas title, Lance and Mike Von Erich challenge Garvin and Embry for the North American Tag Titles and much more this Saturday at the Sam Houston Coliseum in Houston, TX!

NWA North American Heavyweight Championship

Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III defeated Mr. Olympia with an over the shoulder backbreaker

(Marc Lowrance is joined by Dory Funk Jr who is no longer wearing a neck brace)

Marc: "Dory, I hear your recovery from the neck injury at the hands of Jimmy Garvin and Eric Embry has come along quicker than initially expected and that you've been cleared to compete as of next week."

Dory: "That's right Marc, obviously revenge is on my mind….but also on my mind is that huge Crockett Cup Tag Team Tournament coming up where Terry and myself could win not only a million dollars but the NWA National Tag Team titles as well. Not to mention our half brother Jimmy Jack is out and I've got to keep an eye on him because if you turn him and Terry loose together there's not telling what will happen. But right now, I'm focused on watching my brother Terry becoming the NWA World Champion once again."

Main Event

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Rick Martel pinned Terry Funk with a backslide…As Funk was getting ready to leave the ring….Garvin, Embry, and Leatherface hit the ring and attacked Terry until Jimmy Jack and Dory Jr. ran in to make the save!

© 1986 Southwest Sports Inc./National Wrestling Alliance

World Class Championship Wrestling

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Saturday Feb 22, 1986

Bell time- 7pm

The Dream Team (Jack Victory/John Tatum) w/Luscious Johnny V. defeated Brian Adias/DJ Peterson when Tatum pinned Peterson with his feet on the ropes

Kevin Von Erich pinned Big Bubba w/Gary Hart with a with a cross body off the top rope

Winner gets a rematch with Shultz next week

Bad News Allen fought "Dirty" Dutch Mantell to a 'No Contest' when David Shultz hit the ring and attacked both men who fought back and chased Shultz back down the aisle

WCCW Television Championship

Lumberjack Match

"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert w/Missy Hyatt defeated "Iceman" King Parsons to win the Television title when Lumberjacks Rick and Scott Steiner interfered…….Frank Dusek who was at ringside and saw the interference, declared the title held up pending a rematch this week on television

GRUDGE MATCH

Jimmy Jack Funk defeated Leatherface by DQ when Leatherface fired up the chainsaw and went after Funk who fought to fend him off with a steel chair….until an army of referees, security guards, and local police ran in to break it up.

Ronnie Garvin beat "Dr. D" David Shultz by DQ when Shultz got mad and punched referee David Manning for telling him to break a hold after a 4 count

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA North American Tag Team Championship

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious defeated Lance/Mike Von Erich when Garvin gave Mike a brainbuster

MAIN EVENT

REVENGE MATCH

"Ugandan Headhunter" Kamala w/Gary Hart & Friday pinned "Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich after a splash thanks to interference from Big Bubba while Gary Hart & Friday distracted referee Bronko Lubbich….After the match, Bubba and Kamala continued to work over Kerry until Kevin and Lance hit the ring to make the save

Hmmmmmm maybe there's more to Embry than I thought LOL. Love the Jimmy Jack/Leatherface wild confrontation. Also like the four way feud going on between Dr. D/Bad News/Dutch and Garvin. You can go in a lot of directions with those four. Gilbert/Ice Man are in a heated rivalry over the TV title. Kamala with a huge win over Kerry. Really good title defense for Martel with a victory over Funk.

Embry showing his true colors and it probably doesn't end well for Jimmy Garvin. Leatherface and Jimmy Jack would have been fun. Love that Dutch jumps right into Ronnie Garvin's spot in that Texas Heavyweight Titles rivalry. Kamala being pushed in two territories makes me smile. The Funks are going to get their revenge on Embry/Garvin some day....

World Class Championship Wrestling TV

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 2/27 Airing on Friday 2/28 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

(Bill Mercer/Bruce Prichard are in front of the WCCW banner)

Mercer: "Welcome to World Class Championship Wrestling as we come to you from the World Famous Sportatorium here in Dallas, Texas. We have a great show for you tonight as we'll see all three of the WCCW teams for the Crockett Cup in action here tonight getting ready to compete on Saturday in the Super Dome in New Orleans competing for not only one million dollars, but also the prestigious NWA National Tag Team Championship.'

Prichard: "Absolutely, obviously the cash is a huge motivator but also being the National Tag Team champions make you the #1 Contenders to the World Tag Team Championship currently held by the Andersons."

Mercer: "Well tonight we'll see the North American tag champs Eric Embry in Jimmy Garvin in action, the Funks and the Von Erichs as well and we'll also see the NWA World Lightheavyweight Championship defended by Chris Benoit."

Prichard: "Enough talking about it, let's go to the ring!"

MATCH #1:

NWA North American Tag Team Champions "Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious defeated Shane Douglas/Mr. Wrestling 2 when Embry pinned Douglas with a schoolboy rollup with a handful of tights

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #2:

NWA World Lightheavyweight Championship

Chris Benoit pinned Steve Simpson with a bridging full nelson suplex

(A promo airs promoting the Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup announcing all the teams that will be involved as well as the other matches scheduled)

MATCH #3:

The Funks (Terry/Dory Jr.) defeated The Dream Team (Jack Victory/John Tatum) w/Johnny V. when Terry pinned Victory after a piledriver

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #4:

"The Texas Dream" Dirty Rhodes w/Percival Pringle III pinned Randy Watson with an elbow drop

(Footage aired of Kamala's tainted victory over Kerry Von Erich last Saturday night in Houston)

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT

Kerry/Kevin Von Erich defeated The Steiner Brothers (Rick/Scott) w/Missy Hyatt & Eddie Gilbert when Kevin pinned Scott with a crucifix……After the match Kamala and Kokina hit the ring and attacked Kerry/Kevin and left them laying in the ring.

© 1986 Southwest Sports Inc./National Wrestling Alliance

(A commercial airs with Marc Lowrance running down the card for Saturday night in Amarillo)

World Class Championship Wrestling

Sports Arena

Amarillo, TX

Saturday Mar 1, 1986

Bell time: 8pm

MAIN EVENT

Four Way Steel Cage Match

First Man to Escape the Cage is the Champion

"Dr. D" David Shultz

Vs.

Ronnie Garvin

Vs.

Bad News Allen

Vs.
"Dirty" Dutch Mantell

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA North American Championship

Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.

Lance Von Erich

Six Man Tag Team Revenge Match

"Iceman" King Parsons/Mr. Olympia/Mystery Partner

Vs.

"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert/Rick & Scott Steiner w/Missy Hyatt

Texas Death Match

Leatherface

Vs.
Jimmy Jack Funk

Kamala w/Gary Hart & Friday

Vs.

Mr. Wrestling 2

The Dream Team (Jack Victory/John Tatum)

w/Luscious Johnny V. & Brian Adams

Vs.

Shane Douglas/Steve Doll

The Grappler w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

Brian Adias

Vs.

"The Texas Dream" Dirty Rhodes

w/Percival Pringle III