• 2691 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:17 AM

Except in the Mid-South Coliseum

#42 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43648 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:00 AM

I know Stephanie's not going to do anything she doesn't want to do, but it's worth noting that she's not the one who books herself that way. She hasn't been involved in Creative at all in years. Vince is the one who wants Stephanie presented that way. Dave was even asked about that not too long ago and basically said Stephanie is presented the way she is because that's how Vince wants her to be presented. So it's probably not completely fair to keep talking about her own unwillingness to get comeuppance. When she was heading Creative, Jericho and Rock and others were constantly embarrassing her.

#43 ragemaster

ragemaster
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:10 AM

The issue with embarrassing her in todays culture, is you really can't have men doing it anymore.

It just comes across wrong, WWE doesn't need to put themselves in a position of trying to defend it.

You do need a strong woman who not afraid to put her in her place, unfortunately they not going to allow anyone on the roster to do it.

All the woman are at the same level, apart from Asuka, who's probably not the right woman to do it.

Plus in 6 months, she will be in the same positon as the rest of the women. 

This is where Ronda is the best bet it do it, even if she's not my first choice.

Just because of who she is, Vince will allow her to be booked to look strong over Steph. 

Wouldn't surprise me if they cant get the Rock for the wrestlemaina spot, is to move Braun over to face Brock.

Then they can have Reigns in the mixed tag, so he can get the media spotlight the match will bring. 

#44 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4561 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

I know Stephanie's not going to do anything she doesn't want to do, but it's worth noting that she's not the one who books herself that way. She hasn't been involved in Creative at all in years. Vince is the one who wants Stephanie presented that way. Dave was even asked about that not too long ago and basically said Stephanie is presented the way she is because that's how Vince wants her to be presented. So it's probably not completely fair to keep talking about her own unwillingness to get comeuppance. When she was heading Creative, Jericho and Rock and others were constantly embarrassing her.

My favorite bit was after Jericho had the Planet of the Apes "apes" hit her in the face with a banana cream pie, and afterwards when she goes to Regal's office covered in pie and he quips, "Oh, banana tart."  :D

#45 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 2846 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:23 PM

I think Dave is being worked by his sources here. They've told him that Stephanie's most overbearing moments are her being ordered to be 1998 Vince McMahon rather than what she sees her character as, which doesn't pass the laugh test. Obviously Vince has the final say, but I'd be shocked if Stephanie wasn't in his ear about how she should be portrayed.

#46 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43648 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:55 AM

I'm sure she is in his ear about it, but I'm saying the evidence doesn't bear that out. Look at how Stephanie was portrayed when she was directly involved in Creative. She was used to get herself, Rock, Angle, HHH, Trish, Lita, and others over (while admittedly getting herself over just as much or sometimes more). There's no one now who says she's directly involved in Creative. Why is it so hard for people to just go straight to Vince instead of blaming everyone else? I don't get it. Everything good on TV is a credit to him, and everything bad is his fault.

#47 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4219 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:55 AM

Mickie James just took a shot at Rousey on twitter (with Dana Brooke agreeing with her).  Really don't know what this is building to, if it is to anything at all.  Or what it has to do with the mixed tag

#48 DMJ

DMJ
  • Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:28 AM

I don't think it will lead to anything - I think its just Mickie James being smart enough to know that there are only positives to tweeting about Rousey - and not necessarily laying out the carpet for her. (A) It subtly hypes Elimination Chamber, (b ) its fully in line with Mickie James' tweenerish "grizzled veteran unimpressed with the new generation" gimmick, and ©, even while I think it won't lead to anything, maybe just maybe the company will rethink their plans just a smidge.

I mean, the tweet definitely made me think that it wouldn't be a bad idea if Rousey, after whatever McMahon Family nonsense happens at Mania, were to have her first program with James, who may not be the most exciting character you have on your roster, but is reliable, established, and won't suffer longterm from putting Rousey over first (because I don't think "longterm" is very long for James in 2018). Come to think of it, wasn't that essentially what Mickie James was hired for? To help the top prospects polish their work on the main roster? To be a "player coach"? To protect the talents the WWE is investing in? I can't think of someone the WWE should be protecting, polishing, and investing in more than Rousey. And, if you're Mickie James, being Rousey's first real 1-on-1 opponent may mean playing the metaphorical "tomato can," but if the interest is as high as the WWE is hoping for, you're probably going to get a hefty sum of cash in what would likely be a 2nd from-the-top match on a Network special.

#49 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 2846 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

Stephanie wasn't a corporate executive and brand ambassador when she was on the creative team.

#50 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4219 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:38 PM

Nia and Ronda going back and forth on social now.  Going to be disappointing if this all leads to nothing

#51 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:50 PM

Nia and Ronda going back and forth on social now.  Going to be disappointing if this all leads to nothing

If shes signed a contract to wrestle more than 1 match it could happen but I think they want her to wrestle Asuka at Mania.

#52 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10726 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

The WWE women's roster so far is doing a better job at callouts than 75% of the UFC roster when asked who they want to fight next.

#53 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

The WWE women's roster so far is doing a better job at callouts than 75% of the UFC roster when asked who they want to fight next.

Well the womens Rumble was far better than the mens.

I dont know why I just felt far too much delaying and stalling.

#54 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1381 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:40 AM

Heyman is so stale next to Brock that I don't think this is a good idea. As a creative advocate for her to talk them out of doing something stupid, that's a different story. This is where wrestling suffers for Vince not liking managers. A fresh face that's younger and can cut great promos would be a better fit.

Part of me wonders if they should repackage Graves and put him in that role, just thinking outside the box. Arn Anderson would also be awesome if they wouldn't script him.

I think Heyman did a great job protecting Braun and Joe in their losses to Brock. Expressing emotions Brock won't or can't. 

#55 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1381 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:42 AM

The women's rumble was terrible. Half of them did not know how how to go over the top rope. 

#56 Mrzfn

Mrzfn
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:33 PM

I don't think it's possible for me to disagree more with a post. Loved the women's Rumble.

#57 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:54 AM

The women's rumble was terrible. Half of them did not know how how to go over the top rope. 

The initial lockup between Becky/Sasha looks very amateurish but apart from that once it got going it was fantastic!

The mens had too many stalls, I didnt care for Ellias wasting time with his guitar or Corbin laying 3 people out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users