Favorite build-up promo video to a big match

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 SmartMark15

SmartMark15
  • Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

I love The Miz "Hate Me Now" promo. What I find interesting though is that that video, along with Cena's hype video from that same night, highlighted how bad the build to the match was as they couldn't even cobble together a single cohesive video to highlight the storyline.

#22 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2481 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:07 PM

In terms of taking a lukewarm feud and making it look like Rock vs Austin this thing is a piece of art.

https://youtu.be/Sod3MoDj_Zs

#23 Alucard

Alucard
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:21 PM

^ Co signed on the Cena/Orton vid. Great stuff.

Here's my two most recent favorites, both from 2016. As said before, I wish they'd nail these more often.

Reigns/HHH "Hail to the King" made this feel real big time despite the obvious outcome of it all.

MITB 2016 "Black Honey", did the best job in years at putting over how big of a deal MITB is and made this one feel real special.

#24 SmartMark15

SmartMark15
  • Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

As an example of how not to do this, the Triple vs Seth Rollins one from last year's Mania really took me out of it. Maybe it's just me but HHH's overblown transformation into the King of Kings was pretty laughable.

#25 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2481 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:05 AM

Also I remember the Roman/Hunter video making me howl with laughter. It was during the height of 'Political Hit' and the video consists of Hunter being the most badass evil badass to ever badass like an evil badass and Roman's line was like "I just want to be a nice guy and help people." Fucking howled.

#26 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1542 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:02 PM

Highway to Hell video leading to Taker vs Austin at SummerSlam 98.

Someone did a vid with the video and the whole build.

#27 RazorbladeKiss87

RazorbladeKiss87
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

First few that came to mind, after the My Way video which I had on a tape and watched so many times, were the Miz "Hate Me Now" one and the Taker/HBK Mania 26 video. I've always had a soft spot for the Placebo cover of "Running Up That Hill" since I heard it in that episode of The OC so it was cool to have it in a WWE video. I hadn't watched that Tremont/Onita video but it was pretty cool. Way better than the match turned out. 

Daniel Bryan and the "Monster" video still gives me goosebumps. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users