Pro Wrestling Only

Japan Wrestling Association March 1986

gordi

The Simmons/Cameron/Finlay match would have been my favorite. Love the reasoning for Footloose vs. Danger Zone. Also love Choshu and Kimura stealing from the Starrs. Would have enjoyed the main, but it would be so much better about 7 years in the future.

Danger Zone are rapidly becoming my favorite heel duo. Good to see the AWA trio getting over with the fans even during a loss, cool to see all of them sport the Crimson Mask courtesy of Abby Stabby. Would have loved to see the #1 Tag Contenders match. Very Tall Machine must be crazy strong to get Blackwell in an Underhook Suplex. Some classic heeling from Power Rush. Bigelow vs. Tenryu brought the card to a glorious hold.

Love seeing Spivey get some love over here. Makes it worth while to see his star power grow all over.

Great stuff with Japan as usual. Love the graphics as well from FPW... The game I suck at.

Fire Pro has been my #1 pro wrestling video game for years and years. The grapple system and timing take some getting used to but it's so worth the learning curve.The customization options are close to infinite, which is how I can run simulations of JWA cards with all those crazy match-ups. I literally have over 1000 wrestlers in my game.

Yea Spivey is on fire! He's becoming a huge deal in Fantasy and I love it. So good seeing Tiger Mask. I remember reading all about him in the Mags and its great seeing him in action on here. You can tell White and Simmons are heading for big things in Japan. Really liked the Shaw finish, must of been an awesome visual. Tsuruta, Yatsu and Hase looked strong.

A third-generation video of Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid was my introduction to Japanese wrestling, in 1984 or '95. He'll always be one of my favourites.

I am liking this version of Danny Spivey. The big gaijin are really having their way with their opponents in Japan.

Rainmaker is booking him in the AWA as a kind of ersatz Hogan... and that version of Spivey is a great fit in Japan.

What a card! Great win for Tiger Mask!

The team of Simmons and Vader seems tailor for Japan! Hope we see more of this.

Count me in as being impressed with Spivey both here and in the AWA lately...I feel we may get to see Spivey live up to his true potential here our "world".

It's a real pleasure for me to give those young gaijin hosses some experience in Japan. That kind of wrestler will always have a place over here.

Naturally loving the amounts of AWA on this card :) Glad to see my big men all looking strong, this is exactly why I want to send guys like Spivey, White and Simmons over every chance I can. Mike Shaw and Bigelow make that an honorary AWA match. The opener and the main event are junior dream matches for me.

You've been so completely generous in sending me wrestler that I an have fun booking over here. I'm glad you enjoy reading about thier Japanese exploits.

Very fine card. Love to see my AWA gang go over and can't wait for the rematch. Shaw/Bigelow/Hickerson are a super fun heel trio. Baba's Family match is one I would have loved to have watched. The Mexican team vs. Power Rush should be all kinds of great.

I absolutely believe that Shaw/Bigelow/Hickerson would have been over like Grover in Japan in 1986 if they'd come over as a team.

Great opener, and I'm loving Simmons and Black Irish teaming. Baba and Fujiwara squaring off a second time seems like it would be better than the first. Great setup for Bigelow/Tenryu. Very Tall Machine impresses in the main. Once again you have something for everyone across all of the matches, but nothing feels out of place.

Baba in the 70s was a mat wrestling wizard. I'd imagine that he and Fujiwara would have been able to do some good stuff together in the mid-80s. Part of the fun of armchair booing is making stuff like that happen.

Can't wait to see Tenryu vs Bam Bam in Tokyo! This will be hard-hitting and that's putting it mildly!

Part of the fun of armchair booing is making stuff like that happen. :lol: Hopefully they will meet again more than once as Bigelow continues to grow as a wrestler.

Love the team of Caras and Canek and I'm looking forward to their showdown with Power Rush. The trio of Bigelow, Shaw and Hickerson is a lot of fun to watch and it looks like Bam Bam has gotten noticed. Good grief I bet the Japanese fans are liking the hard hitting trio of Simmons and Black Irish. Strong finish as Baba's Family get a big win. You're right about the opener, right now it's a fun action packed opener but just wait until these guys develop. Cant wait for the tour ending show.

Dos Caras and El Canek are two guys whose work in Japan I really enjoy. I'm getting a huge kick out of having them as a team on my dream roster.

with guys like Misawa, Kawada, Hase, Hashimoto, Yamada, Mutoh, Funaki, and Takada all on the roster, the future is looking pretty bright for the JWA.

I really like the push of Bam Bam throughout the world. He is a true talent and being treated as such in our world. It is really fun to see how the names like Misawa, Kawada, Chono, and Muta are intertwining at this point in their careers. A truly special opportunity for you with the JWA.

Agreed. It looks like guys like Bigelow and Spivey are going to reach new levels in this world.

It's fun but also challenging to book all of those young future superstars of puroresu. I'm enjoying all the young boys from America and Canada getting big early-career pushes and coming over here to fight... but in the JWA we build our young boys up a lot more slowly.

Simmons, Black Irish and Bigelow could really get the Japanese crowd going. If you keep using guys like that, our North American promotions and your Japanese promotions could really run some major wars!

I'm looking forward to doing some cross-promotion with the UWF and WCCW a little later in the year! So many hosses on your rosters.

Another solid card from top to bottom, the opener alone is a match that will be looked back on years later when those guys become the legends they are destined to be.

Bigelow, Hickerson, Shaw is a fun team especially for Japan! The next card looks to be equally as great...looking forward to Bigelow vs. Tenryu.

That's a big part of the fun of booking future legends... you're kind of building a history for them.

Fun and well thought out card. I can just feel the energy in the crowd as I read your matches. The opener was great. I remember seeing Tiger Mask a few times and he was amazing.

I'm always thinking about the Japanese crowds when I do my armchair booking. It feels like all of the promotions in this project understand who they are booking for and what they want to see. It makes reading all those write-ups every week interesting for me.

For the record, I was totally pulling for Danger Zone.

If those guys stay in Japan, they could have a pretty big future here. Maybe they'll become JWA's version of the MVC.

What a fun card! Love the battle of the Kenny Login's songs LOL. Man, Abdullah and Brody looked strong tonight! I was pulling for Caras and Canek but Power Rush were on their A game tonight. Despite their loss, the AWA guys are really getting over with the Japanese crowd. Absolutely loved the main event. Bam Bam put out an excellent showing against one of the best in Tenryu. That was an incredible finish by Tenryu. April 4th is going to be one awesome show.

I always want to book the freelancers to look as strong as possible. Abdullah, Brody, Hansen, and Mascaras have a legendary aura in Japan. (Inoki and Maeda, too. It could be huge when I eventually bring them back to Japan)

The Simmons/Cameron/Finlay match would have been my favorite. Love the reasoning for Footloose vs. Danger Zone. Also love Choshu and Kimura stealing from the Starrs. Would have enjoyed the main, but it would be so much better about 7 years in the future.

I'm glad you approve of my bad guys "borrowing" a tactic from your bad guys.

Danger Zone are rapidly becoming my favorite heel duo. Good to see the AWA trio getting over with the fans even during a loss, cool to see all of them sport the Crimson Mask courtesy of Abby Stabby. Would have loved to see the #1 Tag Contenders match. Very Tall Machine must be crazy strong to get Blackwell in an Underhook Suplex. Some classic heeling from Power Rush. Bigelow vs. Tenryu brought the card to a glorious hold.

Very Tall Machine is strong... but also Blackwell is agile and a true professional ;)

I always figure it would be a badge of honour to have been busted open by Abdullah the Butcher.

Hey, I am of the opinion that PR heels are very often some of the best I've seen due to their willingness to make complete asses of themselves when called upon to do so. And to have little to no redeeming qualities beyond that. And if you're going to borrow, borrow from the best. I'd say Arn and the Funker would fall under that category as well.

I got behind due to being busy with life and when I clicked on this link friday when I was going back and reading shows and saw my own feedback being responded to, I didn't realize a new show had been posted....it was not intended to be a slight on your show nor anything intentional.

Another great show....I'll admit I didn't watch Japanese wrestling from this time period so a lot of this guys I have no clue about other then the handful who went on to big stars or prominent into the 90's, such as the first match on this card, otherwise I'm typically drawn to the matches featuring Americans I'm familiar with. I would have went out of my way to see the Machines vs. Patera/Blackwell/Spivey. I really like Hickerson and Shaw as the Danger Zone and am enjoying following their progress in Japan. The team of Simmons, Cameron, and Finlay are tailor made for Japan and I'm looking forward to seeing the team of Bigelow/OMG/Bossman take on the Machines next time around!

Bigelow vs. Tenryu made for a great match that I took a lot of interest in since I used them both on my shows while you were away and the match certainly lived up to expectations and then some.

Hey, I am of the opinion that PR heels are very often some of the best I've seen due to their willingness to make complete asses of themselves when called upon to do so. And to have little to no redeeming qualities beyond that. And if you're going to borrow, borrow from the best. I'd say Arn and the Funker would fall under that category as well.

Couldn't agree more. I don't want to steer too far away from the Japanese wrestling tradition, but I want my bad guys to be every bit as good at heeling it up as the bad guys in Texas, Carolina, and San Juan.

I got behind due to being busy with life and when I clicked on this link friday when I was going back and reading shows and saw my own feedback being responded to, I didn't realize a new show had been posted....it was not intended to be a slight on your show nor anything intentional.

I'm glad to hear that. I get too sensitive about this stuff sometimes.

I appreciate your comments, as always.

I find myself in the same boat as Gene but even worse. I have never seen a match from Japan but enjoy your insights. Your knowledge about how the sport really works is what makes it a fun read for me.

Replying to both you and Gene: I also learn a lot about wrestling from your write-ups. I used to be able to watch AWA, JCP, and some UWF on TV in Canada but anything from Texas or Memphis was third-generation copies of VHS tapes back in those days. Guys like Tim Horner, Eric Embry, Ron Wright, and The Nightmares flew under my radar back then and I get a huge kick out of learning about them now.