Photo

Masakatsu Funaki vs. Minoru Suzuki (UWF 4/15/90)

Masakatsu Funaki Minoru Suzuki UWF 1990 April 15

2 replies to this topic

#1 Jetlag

Jetlag
  • Members
  • 1344 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:20 AM

Pretty much the UWF equivalent to the later RINGS grappling matches. Funaki in his shoes is hilarious. Really enjoyed the early amateur style work especially the toe holds. Then, after some slick but strugglesome grappling Suzuki goes on a tear against Funaki with tight submission attempts only to be caught by surprise. Little too short and sudden to amount to much but I always enjoy a fun undercard match like this.

#2 shodate

shodate

Anarchist of PWO

• Banned
  • 544 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:55 AM

My sort of match really    sicne i like  RINGS more than UWF  style wise  this is  one of the best  UWF matches of all time  but yet again  in panthon of classic shootstyle match    it no were close ot Han vs Tamura  or so one the Fujiwara   or  osme of teh  Stuff form MUGA  ****

#3 superkix

superkix
  • Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:36 PM

Yeah, this was a fun watch. Good stuff on the ground, with Funaki showing some nice control early on as Suzuki tries to find an opening, then Suzuki working through some holds before Funaki snags the leg for the quick submission. 

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Masakatsu Funaki, Minoru Suzuki, UWF, 1990, April 15

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users