Pro Wrestling Only

AWA results for March 1986

rainmakerrtv

Wow a lot of great things happening in the AWA. The Guerreros might be dropping singles matches but together they remain 6 man champs. Love that Pillman moment. Regal and Finley will never disappoint. The Pipers Pit/Snakepit feud is one of my favorite things going. SpiveyMania continues to run wild. Bam Bam continues to dominate. Hmmmm, a Spivey/Bam Bam showdown would be a lot of fun. Ron Garvin debuts and dismantles Larry Z to win the Canadian title, great moment. I'm liking this Martel/Adams program. Steamboat with a strong defense against Saito and the smirk on Bock's face says it all.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWA show from the Saddle Dome, Calgary, March 29th

Leo Burke vs. Shane Douglas

Douglas won with a belly to belly suplex

The Great Kabuki vs. Jerry Blackwell

Kabuki hit Blackwell with the Green Mist on the floor and won by countout

Greg Gagne vs. Ken Patera

Patera won with a shoulder breaker

Tom Zenk vs. Larry Zbyszko

Zenk hit a Superkick for the victory

The Cobra Corps vs. Kevin Sullivan, Dan Spivey & Mike Rotundo

All of the members of the Cobra Corps were incredibly over with the fans, but both Spivey and Rotundo got a huge amount of cheers too, while Sullivan was booed ferociously by the crowd any time he stepped in the ring. Slaughter pinned Sullivan after hitting the Slaughter Cannon

Cactus Jack vs. Bob Orton

A slugfest that Orton won with a Bulldog headlock

Buzz Sawyer vs. Bill Dundee

Sawyer was setting up Dundee for a Bulldog, but Dundee countered with a small package to get the pinfall

AWA Southern Tag Team Title Match : Black Irish © vs. British Steel

A very intense match that ended with Black Irish having to execute a Spike Piledriver on Smiley to put him down for good

AWA Six Man Tag Team Title Match : The Guerreros © vs. Doug Furnas, Jeff Gaylord & Darryl Peterson

Furnas was trying to get Hector in a Canadian Backbreaker, but Hector blocked it and trapped him in the Guerrero Clutch for the victory

AWA World Tag Team Title Match : Buddy Rose & Doug Somers © vs. The Youngbloods

Blackman had Rose ready for the Bicycle Kick, but Somers ambushed him coming off the ropes with a loaded elbow smash to the back of the head, and Rose followed up with the Inside Out Backbreaker to defend their titles

AWA Southern Title Match : Pat Tanaka © vs. Brian Pillman

An incredibly exciting match that had the fans on their feet throughout as the former Calgary Stampeder Pillman go the distance to a 30 minute time limit draw with the Southern Champ Tanaka. Both men embraced after the match as the fans roared their approval for the remarkable display of wrestling they just saw.

AWA show from the Canada Games Sportsplex, Lethbridge, Alberta, March 30th

Ken Patera & Jerry Blackwell vs. The Youngbloods

The Youngbloods put up a valiant efford but Wellington ultimately was crushed by a Blackwell running splash

Falls Count Anywhere Match : Ron Simmons vs. Cactus Jack

A crazy match that ended when Simmons caught Jack with a spinebuster slam on the arena floor for the victory

Ronnie Garvin & British Steel vs. Playboy After Dark

Garvin and Regal took down Burke with the Hands Of Stone Punch / Iron Fist Punch

Brian Pillman vs. Mando Guerrero

Pillman won with the Air Pillman

Masa Saito & Larry Zbyszko vs. The Can-Am Express

Saito knocked out Lafon with three Saito Suplexes before locking him in the Scorpion Hold. As Lafon was unable to respond, the ref gave the match to Saito and Larry Z

Chris Adams vs. Too Cold Scorpio

A long, back and forth match that ended with Adams hitting the Superkick on Scorpio to get the one two three

The Razor Boys vs. Chavo & Hector Guerrero

The Razor Boys won after executing the Straight Razor on Chavo

Jake Roberts vs. Roddy Piper

Pure chaos that went two a double DQ when both men would not stop brawling

AWA Southern Tag Title Match : Black Irish © vs. The British Bullies

Finlay forced Jones to give up to an Indian Deathlock

AWA American Title Match : Dan Spivey © vs. Nord The Barbarian

A battle of the titans which shook the ring and ended when Spivey was finally able to hit the Spivey Bomber on Nord and successfully defend his title

I was wondering about having the main in Calgary be the defense of the number 3 singles title, but I figured the Stampeders connection and the potential for match quality would be enough of a draw. When I added regular Sunday shows in small markets, the idea was for the rookies to get more experience in matches against each other or trainers, with a sprinkling of super stars to bring in the fans. I've started working in the idea that some of the wrestlers would take advantage of the fact that they were working off the beaten path and would try some experimentation in their matches, have some fun, and maybe get a little crazy. Hence Simmons/Cactus, Piper/Roberts, and the main.

Douglas with a huge win over the Vet Burke. Z Man continues his solo win streak taking Larry Z down. Looks like Larry has better luck with Saito as his partner. Dundee/Sawyer is a fun match. Love Piper and Roberts brawling to a double DQ. I would of paid good money to see that Spivey/Nord clash. Simmons and Cactus in a falls count anywhere match is gold. Rose and Sommers continue their great reign as champs. Tanaka/Pillman tore the house down. Your cards give something for every kind of fan.

Rain, you have one of the most versatile rosters in the game right now! Something for everyone, brawlers, high flyers, technicians, veterans, rookies, mixed with big names, and tons of internatinal flavor. These last two cards really highlight that so well. I love the team of Saito/Zybysko. I agree that Pillman vs. Tanaka absolutely works as a main in Calgary. Piper vs. Jake is such a great fued with so much potential.