Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Lutte Internationale March 1986

SirEdger

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great card. King Tonga with a big win over Raymond. For some reason I found the team of Charland and Sammartino so interesting. I'll have to invite Charland to Mid Atlantic and team them together some more. Good Grief, Gordy with a dominant title defense.

Yeah, I also thought it would be worth trying to see if they could gel together and pairing them against the Harts was a good way for me to try that. Looks by the comments so far, my experiment worked. Personally, I'd like to see Charland & Sammartino myself get a run in the US Tag Team title picture some time in 1986!

March 14th, 1986

Saint-Faustin-Lac-Carré, QC

-Judy Martin & Susan Star beat Sherri Martel & Penny Mitchell in 15:56 when Martin rolled up Mitchell. After the match, Sherri and Penny got into it and it ended with Sherri sucker punching Penny before running away backstage!

Guest Referee, Bruno Sammartino - NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Mad Dog Vachon beat The Great Samu (w/Floyd Creatchman) in 47:49

NWA Lutte Internationale TV

March 15th, 1986

Thunder Bay, ON

dieu.jpg220px-Nwalogobw.jpg

(After the opening credits, we go to the broadcast booth as Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier are ready to start the show)

Guy Hauray: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, as we’re coming to you live this week from Thunder Bay, Ontario for NWA Lutte Internationale TV. Featured tonight in our main event, a much anticipated tag team championship match as the Vachons will be defending their titles against the Harts!

Édouard Carpentier: It’s no secret that both Vachons and Harts are wrestling royalty in Canada. And one could say that the Vachons might have the psychological advantage over the Harts as Mad Dog Vachon pulled off a big singles win over Keith Hart last week in Chetwynd.

Guy Hauray: Plus, of course, several stars of the entire National Wrestling Alliance are in attendance tonight. Including, the brand new NWA Texas Champion Mr. Olympia as he’ll square off against Pirata Morgan in a non-title match.

Édouard Carpentier: Had it been a title match, you bet that Morgan might also be looking for Satanico as he’s been on a rampage ever since Morgan and MS-1 turned their back on him and shaved his head. But that doesn’t mean he won’t show up again.

Guy Hauray: Probably. We also have another Mid-Atlantic Showcase match as British veteran Tony St. Clair will go one-on-one against Mark Youngblood

Édouard Carpentier: It’s always a pleasure to feature some talents from Mid-Atlantic, as well as anywhere else in the National Wrestling Alliance. It’s gonna be interesting to see how Mark Youngblood will fare against a veteran like Tony St. Clair

Guy Hauray: And we will also have Adrian Adonis and a mystery partner against the Porto Rican duo of Jesus Castillo and Miguelito Perez.

Édouard Carpentier: Their first appearance since Starrcade as they left a very good impression in their duel against Prince Alofa Fatu & The Great Samu. Let’s see if they can pick up some momentum here.

Guy Hauray: We’re now ready for action as we’ll see two behemoths no stranger to each other in Lutte: The Missing Link vs Lord Humongous are starting our show!

Match #1

Lord Humongous (w/Floyd Creatchman) beat The Missing Link in 12:21

Match #2

NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit beat King Tonga in 9:05 with a flying headbutt. There looks to be some dissension between Frenchy and Tonga afterwards...

*****COMMERCIAL BREAK + PROMO AD FOR MONTREAL FORUM 3/16 CARD

MAIN EVENT

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS

Richard Charland vs Armand Rougeau

Match #3

“Maniac” Matt Borne beat The Great Samu in 12:19

(After the match, Matt Borne joined the broadcast booth for a promo)

Édouard Carpentier: Last week, you interrupted Adrian Adonis & Paul E. Dangerously’s interview by confronting them, following the announcement of their tag match. You kinda seemed friendly in this one. What was that all about?

Matt Borne: Well, I had just heard about Adrian Adonis looking for a partner to face the Castillos tonight but obviously, I guess I wasn’t friendly enough because I apparently wasn’t chosen.

Édouard Carpentier: We don’t know yet who it is but we’re told it’s someone from World Class.

Matt Borne: Well, in that case...I guess I’m gonna have to be more friendly then.

Édouard Carpentier: What do you mean, “more friendly”?

Matt Borne: You won’t have to wait too long. Just wait and see....

(Borne starts laughing maniacally again before returning backstage)

Guy Hauray: Eddie, this is getting more and more uncomfortable now. I have no idea what goes inside Matt Borne’s head here.

Édouard Carpentier: I don’t know either but it can’t be good for anyone. Especially not Paul E and his Dangerous Alliance.

Guy Hauray: We should not wait a whole lot longer since that tag team match is coming up shortly. We’re ready for our next match so let’s get to the action.

Match #4

Mid-Atlantic Showcase Match

Mark Youngblood beat Tony St. Clair with a flying crossbody at 15:59

*****COMMERCIAL BREAK******

Match #5

Jesus Castillo & Miguelito Perez beat NWA Canadian International TV Champion Adrian Adonis (w/Paul E. Dangerously) & his mystery partner, Brian Adias at 13:02. Adrian Adonis walked out mid-way through the match but came face-to-face with Matt Borne, who had a bouquet of flowers in his hands. Borne handed it over to Adonis and resumed his maniacal laughter as he walked away. Castillo finished off Adias with his Merenguero-Plex to secure the victory.

Match #6

NWA Texas Champion Mr. Olympia beat Pirata Morgan in 7:12 with the Figure Four Leglock. After the match, Satanico ran in with clippers trying to shave Morgan’s head as well. He only got part of what he wanted as he only got a strand of Morgan’s hair until MS-1 pulled him out of the ring. Both Satanico & Mr. Olympia celebrated together in the ring

*******COMMERCIAL BREAK********

Match #7

Joyce Grable & Judy Martin beat Susan Star & Donna Day in 20:23. The broadcast team mentioned that both Martin & Star teamed together last night and they did everything they could to avoid facing off each other only for Martin to blindside Star with a school boy and some feet in the ropes!!!

Guy Hauray: We’re getting ready for our main event but next week, we’ll have quite an interesting main event for a 60-minute edition of NWA Lutte TV next week as we received a video message from the head of the Pringle Dynasty, Mr. Percival Pringle III himself. Here’s what we received earlier this week.

(Footage from a locker room in the Sportatorium in Dallas is shown as we see Percival Pringle along with one of his protégés, The Texas Dream” Dirty Rhodes

Percival Pringle: I won’t surprise any of you if I tell you that one of my men, the current NWA North American Champion Big John Studd will walk out of the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup in May as the winner. I also won’t surprise you when I tell you that I’ve got the best stable of men in the entire National Wrestling Alliance. What will surprise you though is that I feel like it’s time for my Pringle Dynasty to takeover the entire National Wrestling Alliance. Bit by bit, one by one, they will all recognize the genius that I, Percival Pringle the 3rd, am. And we will start next week when I unleash on you the REAL Dream of professional wrestling. The one....the only... “The Texas Dream” Dirty Rhodes! Tell them, Dirty!

Dirty Rhodes: For years, I’ve been told that there was only one Dream in the world of professional wrestling. But one by one, I’m proving them all wrong. All I needed was for one man to believe in me. And that man was Percy Pringle. Next week, I’m coming to Lutte Internationale, in the main event, and I’m gonna show you why the Texas Dream is the only Dream in the NWA. Mark my words, once I’m done with my opponent next week, the only thing you’re gonna ask about me is “Where is he coming back?” and you’ll all run away for your lives because I’m gonna destroy everyone and everything in sight. Next week, I’m gonna turn this place upside down.

(End of footage, back to the broadcast booth)

Guy Hauray: There you go, Eddie, next week, “The Texas Dream” Dirty Rhodes will take on Butcher Vachon, who we’ll see next in our main event, in what should be a hardhitting match.

Édouard Carpentier: I don’t know about you, Guy, but this doesn’t look any good to see him around. You know he’s gonna try to stir the pot around here. Especially since we also learned that Big John Studd will be around next weekend as well. This doesn’t bode well for anyone with the Pringle Dynasty in town.

Guy Hauray: And we’ll have Butcher Vachon in action next in our main event as the NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champions The Vachons are defending against the Harts next!

MAIN EVENT

Match #8

NWA Canadian International Champions The Vachons beat the Harts in 13:42 to retain. Postmatch, the Vachons shake hands with the Harts.

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

Action packed show! Benoit with a huge win over Tonga, looks like some friction between Tonga and Frenchy. Borne was on fire this show, LOL looking forward to seeing the situation between him and Adonis unfold. Pringle making a huge statement. I think the NWA better be on guard. Youngblood with a strong victory over St.Clair, perfect timing because Mark is getting a singles push in Mid Atlantic. Love seeing Mr. Olympia over here as he had quite a showing and maybe found some new allies. Vachon's are looking strong as champs, big win over the Harts.

Fun show here with so much happening. Matt Borne is at it again

I also thought the sow started off with three big matches. I will admit that the only one I picked right was Lord Humongous and that is what makes Lutte so fun! Dirty Rhodes could be a nice addition here as Smith was very underrated. The Vachons and Benoit really seem to be doing the Canadian contingency proud!

Count me in on Benoit beating Tonga coming as a surprise. Vachons and Harts shaking hands is unexpected but a nice touch. Morgan is going to lose his hair one of these days, I just know it. Pringle coming up to Lutte is great and I like hte idea of a manager trying to assert dominance over the entire NWA. Castillo and Perez seem to be primed for another return to Lutte in the future. Borne is great and steals the show.

March 16th, 1986

Forum de Montréal

forum1.jpg

-Tommy Rogers beat Miguelito Perez in 16:23 with the Tommyknocker

-Jesus Castillo beat Jos LeDuc in 14:50

-Pirata Morgan beat Satanico in 10:47 with a handful of tights! Morgan immediately ran away to avoid the wrath of Satanico!!

-The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael PS Hayes & NWA National Heavyweight Champion Terry Gordy, w/Buddy Jack Roberts) beat "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal & The Missing Link in 22:13. Gordy pinned Regal with a Lariat as both Hayes & Roberts were fighting with Link outside, keeping him at bay long enough to break the pin.

-Gino Brito beat "The Blonde Bombshell" Chris Candido in 10:37 with the Figure Four Leglock

-NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Butcher Vachon beat MS-1 in 11:31

-Penny Mitchell beat Sherri Martel in 23:20

2 out of 3 Falls: Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) vs Armand Rougeau ends in a 1-1 draw, with the final fall being a double countout at 17:31. No King Tonga in sight...

Huge wins on TV for Benoit, Borne, and Mr Olympia. Awesome job with Pringle and Dirty Rhodes, perhaps Percy should split more time between Lutte and World Class....it's certainly paid off for the Freebirds who have looked excellent here, especially Gordy who has to be a top contender to the World title based on his dominance as National Champion.

March 21st, 1986

Weyburn, SK

Submission Match: Gino Brito beat Assassin #1 with a figure-four leglock

NWA Canadian International TV Championship: Adrian Adonis (w/Paul E. Dangerously & Nasty Boys) beat NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Butcher Vachon to retain

-The Pringle Dynasty (NWA North American Champion Big John Studd & "The Texas Dream" Dirty Rhodes, w/Percival Pringle III) beat Richard Charland & King Tonga (w/Frenchy Martin) in 16:52

NWA Lutte Internationale TV

March 22nd, 1986

Peerless Lake, AB

dieu.jpg220px-Nwalogobw.jpg

Quick and dirty results, due to time constraints for me this week:

-In the opening match, Hillbilly Jim beat King Tonga by reverse decision after Tonga refused to let go of the Tongan Death Grip that led to his victory by submission in 14:56. Not even Frenchy Martin could stop him and eventually, Jim had to be stretchered out of the building. The broadcast team wonders what could go inside Tonga's head and how this could make this an even more dangerous man going forward

-In an interview at the broadcast booth, Floyd Creatchman came out alone to the booth, without his men, to announce that his father Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman would take an indefinite leave of absence from Lutte Internationale because of health issues and he'll take over the managerial duties of The Creatchman Family going forward. Floyd was then interrupted by Paul E. Dangerously, along with Adrian Adonis and The Nasty Boys. Paul E tells Floyd that he sends his father Eddy his best wishes for a speedy recovery. Paul E also offers Floyd a partnership to make them the most Dangerous Alliance in Lutte Internationale. Floyd isn't sure but Paul E sends him away with the Nasty Boys, who will have some very persuasive arguments to help him consider his offer. In the meantime, Paul E addresses the incidents of last week in Thunder Bay when Matt Borne confronted Adrian Adonis during their match. Paul E says he doesn't know what Borne's problem is but there's a reason why Adonis didn't pick him as a partner; because he wasn't man enough to be the equal of the TV champion. That brought "Maniac" Matt Borne to the broadcast booth. Borne asks Paul E why he'd say something like that. Paul E mocks Borne by saying he just proved his point right away as he notices the handbag that he carried with him on the set. Borne wants to hang around with the tough men when he carries himself and dresses himself like a hobo. Paul E says that Borne will never be man enough to beat Adrian Adonis for the title. Borne has had enough and punches Paul E! Adonis and Borne gets into a fistfight and Borne knocked Adonis' head on the booth. Borne then reached in the handbag and started smearing Adonis' face with makeup and lipstick! Borne screams in the process "AM I MAN ENOUGH NOW? AM I MAN ENOUGH?" until the Nasty Boys return and chase away Borne. Paul E comes to and watches into horror as he sees Adonis' face smeared with makeup. Adonis realizes what just happened and grabs Édouard Carpentier's mic. Adonis says that he's gonna teach a lesson to Matt Borne. He challenges him to a match next Sunday night, March 30 at the Montreal Forum where he'll put the TV title on the line! Adonis promises that Matt Borne will never the same again after this match!

-Gilles "The Fish" Poisson beat "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka in 13:47 with a backbreaker. After the match, Poisson gets to the broadcast booth and says that he can beat anybody in the NWA and he's gonna prove it. In 2 weeks, Poisson will throw an open challenge to anyone in the NWA to face him on NWA Lutte TV in Tobermory, ON. Poisson vows that he won't be ignored!

-In the main event, "The Texas Dream" Dirty Rhodes (w/Percival Pringle III) beat NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Butcher Vachon in 13:18. After the match, Rhodes & Pringle keep beating on Butcher, knowing that his brother Mad Dog isn't here this week. Luckily for Butcher, "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal runs in and makes the save. Regal challenges The Pringle Dynasty to a tag match tomorrow night at the Hemlock Valley Resort! Pringle tells Regal that he doesn't have a partner but Regal only tells Pringle "Never judge a book by its cover" as the show goes off the air. Who will be Regal's tag team partner tomorrow night vs The Pringle Dynasty?

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

If King Tonga goes off the deep end NO ONE will be able to stop him.

Pretty ballsy of Paul E to talk smack in Matt Borne's face but he had to know Borne wouldn't stand for that...Borne humilates the TV champ but it may just backfire on him.

Pringle and his guys seem to enjoy their time in Lutte, which may be bad news for a few.