Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Lutte Internationale March 1986

SirEdger

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the idea of an out of control King Tonga. If you don't believe me read my Montreal booking (which pales in comparison BTW). Poisson is somebody who can make waves too, not quite as big though. I am loving the Adonis/Borne feud, can't wait for that match.

March 23rd, 1986

Hemlock Valley Resort, BC

-"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal & "Maniac" Matt Borne beat The Pringle Dynasty (NWA North American Champion Big John Studd & Dirty Rhodes, w/Percival Pringle III) in 12:36 when Regal pinned Rhodes while Studd and Borne were brawling outside the ring.

-Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland & King Tonga (w/Frenchy Martin) beat The Creatchman Family (The Great Samu & Prince Alofa Fatu, w/Floyd Creatchman) in 18:10 when Tonga submitted Samu to the Tongan Death Grip

Submission Match: NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Mad Dog Vachon beat "The Blonde Bombshell" Chris Candido (w/Percival Pringle III) in 23:27 with a bearhug

-Dick Murdoch beat NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit in 8:05

-Jos LeDuc beat Killer Khan (w/Floyd Creatchman) in 11:18

-Los Infernales beat The Rougeau Brothers (Armand & Raymond) in 16:39 when Armand was pinned by MS-1

-Rocky Johnson beat Jimmy Snuka in 15:08

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Rick Martel beat Keith Hart in 41:29 to retain after a slingshot splash

I really love your house shows and the different kinds of matches you book. Some great examples are Snuka vs. Johnson and Murdoch vs. Benoit. Los Infernales get a strong win over the Rougeaus, that should put them in contention. Mr.Electricity couldn't of found a better partner. Leduc has been coming on strong lately. Rick Martel continues to defend his title against all challengers.

That's an excellent tag tean name suggestion. Sure gonna keep that in mind.

As for the trivia, interesting. While I was googling around for a special location for that show, I stumbled upon Hemlock Valley Resort but I didn't know about the name change.

I think the name change is very recent. It was basically just a ski resort, but hey ran into financial problems around '05 or '06 due to light snowfall. Reportedly, the new ownership plans to expand it into a year-round family entertainment destination. I think the name change is connected to the planned change in identity. In '86 it still would have been Hemlock Valley Resort. Good place for a show, you'd draw from the small cities of Mission and Agassiz and maybe even get some hardcore fans to drive out from Vancouver. I have never been there but I know people who worked there, hence my interest in the place.

March 28th, 1986

Victoria, BC

-The Ultimate Warrior beat "Exotic" Adrian Street in 7:24

-Adrian Adonis & Pirata Morgan (w/Paul E. Dangerously & The Nasty Boys) beat The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael PS Hayes & Buddy Jack Roberts) in 38:01 when Adonis put Roberts to sleep with Good Night Irene

-NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Mad Dog Vachon beat Armand Rougeau in 1:52

Winner earns a future NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Championship match in Toronto: MS-1 beat Keith Hart with a flying senton

NWA Lutte Internationale TV

March 29th, 1986

CNE Coliseum, Toronto, ON

dieu.jpg220px-Nwalogobw.jpg

Quick and dirty results, 1-hr edition

Guy Hauray and Édouard Carpentier announce that only one match is scheduled this week as the Creatchman Family take on the Nightmares. Time permitting, Susan Star will square off with Penny Mitchell in singles ladies' action

-The Creatchman Family (The Great Samu & Prince Alofa Fatu, w/Floyd Creatchman) beat The Nightmares in 43:33 when Samu pinned Ken Wayne with a top rope splash. During the match, Paul E. Dangerously came out to scout the match, which drew the attention of Floyd Creatchman. Floyd and Paul E got into a verbal confrontation but eventually Paul E left. Looks like Paul was still tempting to forge an alliance with the Creatchmans....

-Susan Star beat Penny Mitchell in 15:14

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

March 30th, 1986

Forum de Montréal

forum1.jpg

-Gino Brito & Velvet McIntyre beat The Creatchman Family (The Botswana Beast & Luna Vachon, w/Floyd Creatchman) in 12:44

-Armand Rougeau beat Austin Idol in 14:46

-Gilles "The Fish" Poisson beat NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Butcher Vachon in 9:49

Falls Count Anywhere: NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit upsets Mil Mascaras in 9:12

-Pirata Morgan beat Bobby Fulton in 9:14

-King Tonga & Richard Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) beat The Hart Brothers in 21:12 when Tonga made Keith Hart submit to the Tongan Death Grip

-The Ultimate Warrior beat NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Mad Dog Vachon in 8:34

NWA Canadian International TV Championship: "Maniac" Matt Borne beat Adrian Adonis (w/Paul E. Dangerously & The Nasty Boys) in 12:37 to win the title - TITLE CHANGE!!!

Oh snap! What a card! Liked the mixed tag match. Benoit scores a major upset over Mascaras! Man that's big! I also like the Poisson push. Warrior versus Vachon is such an intriguing match up. Borne wins the TV title! I didn't see that coming and yea I bet Adonis is losing his mind. I cant wait to see where this leads.

I thought Warrior vs. Adrian Street was the most unique match ever in game....until I saw Benoit vs. Mascaras in a falls count anywhere match...fun stuff! Benoit is going to "made" ten years sooner in our world than in real life and that's not a bad thing!

I loved the Adonis vs. Borne feud and glad to see Borne get the strap.

I think this Tonga's year to become a major force in the NWA, Martel better keep an eye on him!

Nice to see Velvet McIntyre in action.

How the hell did you get Mascaras to agree to do the job for a rookie?

Well, let's say that Frank Valois and company can have some pretty good incentives for making stuff like this happening. :P

For instance, there's a hilarious story in the Mad Dogs, Midgets and Screwjobs book about how some promoters worked around Abdullah's refusal to job in some situations, including Gary Hart & Bert Ruby in Detroit.