NWA

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 2089 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:21 PM

Great, great show at the Scope!  All seems right here as Valiant is right where he belongs going after Paul Jones.  Ric Flair is trying to regain his mojo but it just doesn't seem like the Flair we had known for the first few years as now he is excited at hoisting up the U.S. title.  It will be very interesting to see where this goes.  

Rock Riddle is becoming a star here.  I must admit I never heard of him before this project but from what I have read about him, he seems like he just never got the big shot.

I am also interested to see what happens to Austin Idol.  He also seems to have had a fall from grace of late.  He went from the UWF champ to opening shows.  Certain wrestlers were huge because of where they were instead of who they were.  For example, Tommy Rich was huge in Memphis and Georgia but would have been nothing in the WWF.  

#42 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for the comments. Yea, behind the scenes Flair isn't to happy about his situation right now. I'm very fascinated with Rock Riddle and glad we can put guys like him out there in this world. Don't worry to much about Austin Idol, big things are heading his way. Right now Mid Atlantic is putting him on house shows to get his chemistry going with the fans. He'll be making his TV debut next week and I think you'll like his first angle.

#43 gordi

gordi

monster gaijin

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:20 PM

Oh, man! Flair vs Rougeau and Robinson vs Backlund on the same card. That's a whole lot of good wrestling. I hope we get more from that Robinson vs Backlund match-up.

#44 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:42 PM

Glad you mentioned the Backlund/Robinson match. I really want to put these two in a program and tested the waters with the match in Norfolk.

#45 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 2747 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:45 PM

I'll echo the overall sentiment. Very solid card from the Scope. I thoroughly enjoy what you're doing with Tom Prichard as he got the potential of being a great TV Champion for you!

#46 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 3937 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:34 AM

The fans at the Scope got a great show with all of the above mentioned matches.  Glad to see Idol and I am interested in what you have planned.

#47 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

MACW @ The Coliseum, Richmond VA 3-16-86

Tony St. Clair vs. Pat Rose

Tony arrived today from Canada but there's no evidence of jet lag as he looks sharp in the ring tonight. Tony swings Pat to the ropes and hits him with a diving headbutt to the mid section then follows with a hanging suplex. Tony gets up on the top turnbuckles. Pat staggers up and Tony hits him with a flying body press off the top rope for the pin!

David Sammartino vs. Kelly Kiniski

Kelly has control as he body slams David then follows with an atomic drop that sends David through the ropes. After arguing with the fans David gets back into the ring and Kelly quickly cradles him 1..2..David barley kicks out. Upset, David rakes the eyes then body slams Kelly. David stomps away then backs up and hits a running jumped delayed knee drop. David finishes off Kelly with a Backbreaker Rack for the pin!

Soul Patrol vs. Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle 

Good back and forth match with solid work by both teams. Blondes take control with a double elbow smash off the ropes to Sugar. Timbs body slams Sugar and follows with several knee drops. Crews comes in and drops an elbow off the 2nd rope and covers but Norvell breaks the count. Soul Patrol make a comeback with a double back drop on Crews, Timbs runs in and gets a double back drop. Norvell headbutts Crews and follows with an elbow drop and cover but Timbs breaks the count. All four men are in the ring fighting. The Ref is guiding Sugar back to the corner, Riddle gets on the apron and is yelling at Norvell. Norvell grabs Riddle but gets a flying knee to the back by Timbs. The Blondes hit a double facelock drop on Norvell, the Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! The Blondes go to the outside and Riddle is jumping up and down hugging them. A few moments later, Sugar is helping Norvell up but Norvell pushes him and an argument follows. Cooler heads prevail as they end up walking out together.

The Cobra w/The Assassin vs. Nick Kiniski

Nick starts with some fire as he takes the Cobra off his feet with a couple hip tosses and drop kicks. Cobra takes control with a striking knee. The Cobra works Kiniski over then finishes him off with a Kneeling Reverse Piledriver for the pin! After the match, the Assassin gave some instructions to the Cobra. The Cobra stomped away on Nick, then got up on the top ropes and came down with a Senton!

Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff vs. Chick Donovan

A lot of people paid for a ticket to see Mr. Wonderful in action and he delivered. Paul hits a Vertical suplex then follows with a diving knee drop. The fans boo as David Sammartino comes to the ring. He tries to distract Paul but Paul decides to send David a message. Paul hits a forearm drop then picks up Donovan and puts him back with a German Suplex. Paul points down at David and signals for the piledriver. Paul hoists Donovan up and crashes him down with the piledriver! The Ref counts as Paul holds up his fingers and counts towards David. The fans cheer as Paul invites David into the ring. David thinks twice and walks away as the fans heckle him.

Hacksaw Duggan and Terry Taylor vs. The Caspian Empire (Sheik and Smirnoff)

The fans boo as Sheik and Smirnoff taunt them from the ring. The boos turn to a cheering roar as Duggan and Taylor hit the ring. Duggan and Taylor hammer away and clean house. Sheik and Smirnoff are livid and run back in the ring only to get pummeled back out. They charge back into the ring again, Taylor hits Smirnoff with a forearm blast that sends him to the outside and Duggan clotheslines Sheik over the top rope. After Duggan and Taylor get in a lot of offense, Sheik and Smirnoff finally get control. Sheik hits Taylor with a gutwrench suplex then tags in Smirnoff, who crashes down on Taylor with a knee drop from the 2nd rope. The Caspian Empire work over Taylor with double teaming. The crowd comes unglued when Taylor makes the hot tag to Duggan. Duggan plows over Sheik with a running shoulder tackle, Smirnoff runs in and Duggan takes him down with a shoulder tackle. Duggan picks up Smirnoff and slams him down. Duggan pounds away on Sheik, then backs up into a 3 point stance. Sheik staggers up as Duggan charges and blasts him with the clothesline! Smirnoff runs over but Taylor nails him with a flying 5 Arm! Duggan covers Sheik 1..2..3!!!

Mid Atlantic Title Bout

Harley Race © vs. Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Good hard hitting match up. A few minutes in, Harley headbutts Snuka but just about knocks himself out. Snuka grabs Harley and puts him down with a jumping headbutt. Snuka follows with a jumping knee drop and cover but Harley kicks out. Snuka scoop slams Race, follows with a backbreaker and cover but still cant put Harley away. Harley gets control with a flying high knee followed by a belly to belly suplex and cover but Snuka kicks out. Race hoists Snuka up for vertical suplex, holds him there and falls back. Harley executes a swinging neckbreaker and cover 1..2..Snuka barely kicks out. Harley is frustrated. Harley swings Snuka to the ropes, misses a clothesline attempt and Snuka comes back with a flying body press 1..2..Harley kicks out as the fans thought they had a new champ. Snuka hits Race with some knife edge chops, then grabs Race by his head, jumps up and nails Race with a jumping headbutt. The fans roar as Snuka climbs to the top rope, all of the sudden he's pushed off the top rope by Blackjack Mulligan!!! The fans are in shock as the Ref signals for the DQ. The bell is ringing as Mulligan goes in and stomps away on Snuka. Mulligan body slams Snuka and stomps on his head then goes down and clamps on the Claw! Mulligan is squeezing away as the bell continues to ring. Harley looks on then calmly rolls out of the ring. Mulligan keeps the claw on until other wrestlers from the back come out to stop this. Mulligan raises his black glove in the air as the fans boo.

NWA World Tag Team Title Bout

The Andersons © w/JJ Dillon vs. Hot Property (Travis and Savoldi)

Hot Property gets a chance of a lifetime tonight and the fans are 100% behind them. The Andersons don't look to worried. The Andersons spend the early moments working Hot Property over and straight up out wrestling them. JJ is smiling as he goes up on the apron and towels off Arn's forehead. An arrogant slap by Arn on Travis is the spark Hot Property needed. They take control with solid tag team work. Travis swings Arn to the ropes and hip tosses him as Savoldi runs in with a drop kick. Ole comes in and gets a double forearm blast. Hot Property stay in control as they give Ole a double arm bar twist, that flips Ole over then they follow with a double elbow drop. Savoldi covers 1..2..Ole kicks out. Savoldi swings Ole to the turnbuckles and charges in then flips Ole back with a Monkey Flip. Ole gets back dropped to his corner and he tags in Arn. Arn runs in and Savoldi hip tosses him over and tags in Travis. Travis swings Arn to the ropes and hits a side slam. Travis covers but Ole runs in for the save. Savoldi runs in and drop kicks Ole back into his corner. Hot Property swings Arn to the ropes then hit their finisher, the double Hot Shot!! The fans are going crazy! Travis covers 1..2..No, JJ grabs the Ref's foot. The Ref gets up and is arguing with JJ. Hot Property are both yelling at JJ. Arn barley rolls over and tags in Ole. Ole nails Travis from behind with a flying knee to his arm. Ole takes advantage and works over the arm of Travis. Ole puts Travis's arm behind his back and slams him down with a hammer lock body slam. Ole wrenches Travis's arm and tags in Arn. Ole holds out the arm as Arn jumps off the top rope with a knee to the arm. Arn wrenches on Travis's arm, Savoldi tries to run in but Ole hammers him with a forearm blast, rakes the eyes and throws him out of the ring. Arn continues to wrench the arm, the Ref signals for the bell as Travis submits. The Andersons retain the titles! JJ runs in with the belts. The Andersons hold them high to the booing crowd. Later on as Savoldi was helping Travis to the back, Hot Property received a cheering ovation from the crowd.

#48 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 3937 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:23 PM

Good way to further the Orndorff/Sammartino feud.  Snuka and Blackjack should be a wild feud.  Good use of jobber matches on this card.  Hacksaw and Taylor would make an interesting pair.  Hot Property so close, but the Andersons are a stejp ahead.

#49 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:26 PM

Yea, I figured teaming him with Taylor against Smirnoff and Sheik would be a great way to get Duggan over quick. I've got something major planned for him next month.

#50 GeneJackson95

GeneJackson95

King of All Wrestling Media

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling (obviously), Comedy, and that's about it.

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:40 PM

Great cards here. You've done a great bringing Orndorff in and getting his feud going with Sammartino who you've made into a perfect chickens*** heel.

Speaking of great debuts...what a way to get heat on Mulligan coming in and costing Snuka his shot at Race. I love it!!

I like the Cobra joining up with the Assassin, this should benefit the both of them.

Looking forward to what you have planned for Hacksaw, great pairing with Taylor here!

#51 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 2747 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:06 PM

The return of Blackjack Mulligan to Mid-Atlantic is no good news for anyone. He's gonna be a serious threat to every babyface in the NWA!

#52 gordi

gordi

monster gaijin

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:24 AM

I like how you booked that Tag Title match. Hot property look good and strong even in defeat.

#53 rainmakerrtv

rainmakerrtv
  • Members
  • 1748 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:05 AM

Love the name the Caspian Empire. The Mid-Atlantic tag division is really on fire, and the main event is a great example of that.

#54 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 2089 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:34 PM

MACW is in fire!  Love Duggan and Blackjack here as they feel to be at home.  Also looking forward to seeing Orndorff crush Sammartino at some point.  He has been such a spoiled brat for the lat 9 months or so and he may have bit off more than he can chew here.  

#55 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:25 PM

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV Aired 3-22-86

Schiavone: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling, with me as always is David Crockett. David, a lot going on tonight. We will see the team of Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley take on the Devil's Duo. On that note we will show you some footage from the Scope as a familiar face has returned to Mid Atlantic.

David: That's right Tony and speaking of familiar faces returning, Blackjack Mulligan will be in action and we'll show you footage from Richmond and his involvement. Also tonight, Paul Orndorff will put up his entry in the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup against David Sammartino. We will also see some of our great tag teams in action such as Hot Property and American Made, plus the Soul Patrol will clash with the Caspian Empire. Rock Riddle says Tom Prichard is a fighting TV champion and will defend his title tonight.

Schiavone: All that plus Tony St. Clair and Tully Blanchard will be in singles action along with Hacksaw Jim Duggan! We will also hear from the Universal Heartthrob Austin Idol! Well it looks like our first guests have arrived.

JJ Dillon walks out with Ric Flair and the Andersons.

JJ: Tony, just sit back and keep quiet because the Horsemen have something to say.

Arn: Tony, I get so tired of being right and I don't want to toot my own horn but Toot Toot. The Andersons are still holding on to these titles which means we've continued to beat the best teams in the NWA. Now we've beaten the Road Warriors over and over but they still get another shot at us in Greensboro on the 29th. I promise you this Road Warriors, this is the last shot you get!

Ole: The Road Warriors are just glutens for punishment. Come Greensboro, it's your final hurrah because after that night, we're done with you and we're moving on. I will take satisfaction of beating on you one more time and a beating is exactly what you're going to get.

Flair: Whoo! Tell them boys! Speaking of beating up contenders, I've done just that since winning this US title. Last week it was Raymond Rougeau and this weekend in Wheeling it's gonna be Kevin Von Erich. Since I'm doing my part and defeating all the top names in the NWA, I want what's coming to me, and that's a shot at the NWA World Title! I'm starting to think Bob Geigel is on Ricky Martel's payroll.

Schiavone: Hold on Ric...

Flair: Quiet Schiavone! It all makes sense. I haven't received one rematch for the title since Starrcade. I've toured the NWA and beat everybody, then I win the US title and have defended against all comers. I want my shot! WHOOOO! You hear me Geigel!

JJ leads the Horsemen out.

Schiavone: Ok, a very frustrated Ric Flair. Fans lets go to the ring and watch a man who made quite a debut last week.  

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Gary Williams

The fans are behind Duggan as he body slams Williams several times. Duggan backs up and gets in his 3 point stance. Williams staggers to his feet, Duggan charges and nails him with a running clothesline for the pin! The fans cheer as Duggan heads to the podium.

David: Welcome to Mid Atlantic Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Jim: Thank you David. I want to say Hacksaw Duggan is here to take on anybody who wants to get in the ring with me. I proved that last week when my old friend Terry Taylor was being assaulted by those no good Caspian Empire. Terry and I took care of them last weekend and I'm sure they don't want anymore of Hacksaw Duggan. So I'm challenging anybody tough enough to get in the ring with me. You want a good fight then sign on the line and I'll give you just that!

Commercial Break

American Made (Kirchner/Kernodle) vs. Tim Straw and Lou Simms

Kernodle swings Simms to the ropes and hits him with a forearm smash. Kernodle hits a neckbreaker then tags in Kirchner. Kirchner picks up Simms and hits his Fallaway Slam for the pin!

Kirchner and Kernodle cut a promo on the Assassins, saying this isn't over and they'll see them in the arenas. When they exit, Schiavone welcomes out Mark Youngblood.

Mark: Last week my brother Chris lost a match to the Cobra. Now that's fine but the Cobra assaulted and hurt my brother after the match. There was no reason to do that. Cobra, you messed with a Youngblood and now you have to mess with another. I'm coming after you and if the Assassin sticks his nose in my business I'll chop him down.

Schiavone: Well it looks like the Assassin's men have some enemies coming after them.

Commercial Break

Soul Patrol vs. Caspian Empire

Fun competitive TV match here. The Caspian Empire break every rule they can when double teaming in the corner. The Soul Patrol come back with high flying moves by Sugar and hard knees and slams by Norvell. The Soul Patrol hit a double suplex on Sheik then jump up and are about to hit their double diving headbutt but Smirnoff hits a flying high knee from behind on Norvell, who crashes into Sugar. Smirnoff rolls up Norvell and grabs a handful of tights as the Ref counts 1..2..3! Smirnoff and Sheik roll out of the ring and celebrate to the back. Sugar helps Norvell up but Norvell pushes him away and puts his arms out. They argue for a bit as Sugar is explaining what happened. Norvell calms down and they leave together.

Commercial Break

Tony St. Clair vs. Clyde Putnam

Tony has the crowd fired up as he back drops Putnam then follows with a heels first drop kick. Tony gets up on the top rope. Putnam gets to his feet, Tony fly's off the top rope and hits the body press for the pin! Tony heads to the podium.

David: Tony, I received word that you have a match signed with Billy Robinson and if he gets Disqualified he will be suspended from Mid Atlantic.

Tony: You know David, it seems Billy cant beat me in a wrestling match so he resorts to cheap tactics like pounding me with a chair. Well, now we get to see finally once and for all if Billy still has what it takes. Billy claims to be the best wrestler from the UK and calls me a phony. Let me set the record straight, Billy Robinson is a sham and takes short cuts. It's a disgrace how he represents the UK. The next time we meet Billy, I'm going to outwrestle you and pin you 1..2..3!

Blackjack Mulligan vs. Roger Murphy

The fans boo as Mulligan just stomps down on Murphy. Mulligan swings Murphy to the ropes and hits him with a flying back elbow smash. Mulligan stomps on Murphy's head then clamps on the claw!  The Ref rings the bell. Mulligan applies more pressure on the claw then finally releases the hold. Mulligan holds up his black gloved hand to the booing crowd then heads to the podium.

Schiavone: Ok fans, Blackjack Mulligan has arrived. Lets take you to some footage from Richmond.

Footage of the Race/Snuka match as Snuka is ready to leap off the top rope but is pushed over by Mulligan. Mulligan stomps on Snuka then clamps on the claw.

Schiavone: Blackjack, why target Jimmy Snuka and cost him a chance at the Mid Atlantic title?

Blackjack: I did that to send a message to everybody in Mid Atlantic that Blackjack Mulligan has arrived! It didn't matter who I was going to make an example of but apparently Snuka had some unfinished business with some acquaintances so I volunteered to get some payback for them. I got my message across and they got some payback, two birds, one stone.

Schiavone: They being the Stud Stable?

Blackjack: That's none of your business Schiavone! The business at hand is Blackjack Mulligan is here and Mid Atlantic better watch out!

Commercial Break

Tully Blanchard w/JJ Dillon vs. Ken Jenkins 

Tully beats down Jenkins then hoists him up and hits the slingshot suplex for the pin! JJ runs in the ring and towels off Tully's head as the crowd boos.

David: Ok, Tully Blanchard looks tuned up for his Canadian International title shot against champ, Jacques Rougeau this weekend in Wheeling WV. Fans at this time please welcome a man making his first televised appearance in a long time, I'm talking about the Universal Heartthrob, Austin Idol.

The fans cheer as Idol walks out and gives them a smile and right arm bicep flex.

Idol: David Crockett, it's so great to be here baby! Everybody knows that Austin Idol is the man of the hour and the toast of the coast baby!

The fans boo as Tully Blanchard and JJ Dillon head over.

Tully: Listen, you might be a big deal in wherever it is you came from, but buddy, you're looking at the real deal, a true ring technician and member of the most elite group in wrestling, the 4 Horsemen. What exactly have you accomplished?

Idol steps up.

Tully: Hey relax. I'll tell you what, I'm going to win the Canadian International title this weekend. So how about on the 29th in Greensboro, we can get into the ring and I can show you a few things. After that humbling experience, you can decide if Mid Atlantic is the right place for you.

Tully gives Idol a couple of light slaps on the cheek. Idol looks at the crowd and winks then turns around and blasts Tully with a right hand! JJ comes forward but Idol clenches his fist and JJ backpedals.

Idol: There's my answer baby, guess I'll see you in Greensboro, Jack.

Commercial Break

Footage is shown from the Scope of Jimmy Valiant coming to the ring and him, Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley hammer away on the Devil's Duo and Johnny Rich.

David: Fans, you just witnessed the return to Mid Atlantic of the Boogie Woogie Man, Jimmy Valiant. With me right now is Paul Jones, along with Johnny Rich.

Paul: Damn it David Crockett! If there's one man I hate more than anybody on this planet, it's Jimmy Valiant! I cant stand him! Why is he here! I guarantee you this, my man Johnny Rich is going to send Valiant out of here, for good! Once and for all! Out of my life!

Rich: It's ok Paul, you wont have to worry long because after I get done with him, he'll be gone forever just like Brett Sawyer.

Paul: (takes a deep breath) I know I can count on you Johnny. Now as for Johnson and Cooley, my Devil's Duo has unfinished business and they're ready to square things now.

Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley vs. The Devil's Duo w/Paul Jones and Johnny Rich

The 4 men start hammering away on each other. Johnson shuffles his feet and nails Sword with a flurry of punches, sending him to the outside. Cooley swings Vines to the ropes and back drops him, Vines rolls out of the ring. The Duo get control with a double body slam on Cooley. They continue to double team Cooley in the corner. A miscue leads to a hot tag to Johnson. Johnson comes in with fire as he sends the Duo down with drop kicks. Johnson body slams Vines and covers but Sword drops an elbow to break the count. Cooley runs in and the brawl is on. Johnson swings Vines to the ropes and back drops him. Johnson then dropkicks Sword from behind into Cooley, who hoists Sword up then runs with him and hits the Oklahoma Stampede for the 1..2..3! Rich comes running into the ring with Paul's cane. He hits Johnson then hits Cooley. The fans erupt as Jimmy Valiant runs to the ring and hits Rich from behind, knocking the cane out of his hand. Valiant picks up the cane and smacks Rich with it. Valiant points the cane down at Paul Jones. Jones is having a breakdown.

Commercial Break

Rock Riddle and Tom Prichard are at the podium.

David: Well Mr. Riddle, I know you have something to say.

Riddle: (Big Smile) Oh Davey baby, always good to chat with you. Now that the Agency has a title we want to prove to everybody what a fighting champ the Doctor of Desire is. Tonight he will be defending his TV title against top contender Bill Richards. Now the Agency knows defending this title is a tough task but Tom insists on being a fighting champion.

Tom: That's exactly right Rock. I'm all about giving chances and opportunity. I think this Bill Richards is a fighting contender and I want to take on the best, so let's get to it.

TV Title Bout

The Doctor of Desire Tom Prichard © w/Rock Riddle vs. Bill Richards 

Tom starts off with a handshake then quickly hits Bill with a belly to back suplex. Tom stomps away on Bill then hits a vertical suplex. Tom gets up on the top rope and comes down with a flying knee drop for the pin! Riddle runs in and hands him the TV title then hugs him. Tom holds up the title and celebrates.

Hot Property vs. Louis Campos and Alex Portman

Travis and Savoldi are looking better and better every week. They've mentioned that working for the Wild West Wrestling show has really helped improve their team work and skills. Travis swings Portman to the ropes and hits a side slam then tags in Savoldi. Savoldi gets up on the 2nd rope and hits a flying elbow drop. Savoldi tags in Travis, they swing Portman to the ropes and hit the double Hot Shot for the pin! The fans cheer as Hot Property acknowledges them, then heads to the podium.

Schiavone: Great win tonight for Hot Property, so what can we expect in the future?

Travis: One thing is for sure, Hot Property is looking to get some gold!

Savoldi: You said it Billy. We've been improving week in and week out. We know what it takes.....

The fans boo as Rock Riddle and the Fabulous Blondes come out.

Riddle: (Clapping) You boys are great and I have to say you're a pretty good little team. Now I like you guys and the Agency is always looking for new clients. I come here to present you with an opportunity of a lifetime. I would like you boys to join the Agency. Now of course my Fabulous Blondes here will be the main team but you boys can be their opening act. You know, you get the crowd warmed up for the main attraction. What do you say?

Riddle, Crews and Timbs are smiling and offering their hands.

Travis and Savoldi talk it over.

Travis: Tell you what Rock, we have a better idea. Why don't we wrestle your main attraction here next week on TV? I mean your boys shouldn't have a problem with wrestling an opening act like Hot Property right?

The Blondes and Riddle's smiles drop.

Riddle: Well I thought I saw something in you boys but in a rare moment, looks like I was wrong. You boys are very foolish. Get ready to be taught a serious lesson by the best tag team in Mid Atlantic.

David Crockett walks over.

David: Well gentlemen the stakes got higher because the winning team will get a United States tag team title shot.

Riddle: What a great time for the Agency. We have the TV title and now we'll get the US tag titles!

Savoldi: I wouldn't bet on that Riddle.

Commercial Break

Brad Kimber is in the ring awaiting his opponent.

Schiavone: Wait a minute! That's not Brad Kimber's opponent, that's Tiger Jeet Singh!

Singh charges the ring and wails on Kimber. He pounds on Kimber with the sword he brought in! He keeps hammering away on Kimber and busts him open! Officials run out to stop this.

Schiavone: My goodness! I have no idea what that was about! Medics are in the ring attending to Brad Kimber. Oh my, I'm sure Mr. Singh will have to answer to that. Fans, when we come back, Paul Orndorff puts his entry on the line against David Sammartino.

Commercial Break

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff vs. "The Great One" David Sammartino

After threatening Orndorff and arguing with the fans, David starts the match with a headlock. He wrenches it on while shouting at the fans. Orndorff wiggles his finger then lifts David up and suplexes him back. Orndorff picks David up and body slams him then follows with a forearm drop. Orndorff picks David up, swings him to the ropes and nails him with a clothesline. David rolls out of the ring, stands up then falls back down. David finally gets back in the ring and eye rakes Orndorff then shows off some pretty good offense as he executes a swinging neckbreaker followed by a jumping elbow drop. David backs up and hits a delayed running knee drop. David arrogantly covers 1..Kick out! David for some reason starts berating the Ref. Orndorff regroups, turns David around and hammers him with punches. Orndorff hits a gutwrench suplex. Orndorff hops on the 2nd rope and crashes down with a knee drop. Orndorff gives the signal. The crowd roars in anticipation. Orndorff picks David up and crashes him down with the piledriver! The Ref counts 1..2..3!!! The fans are going crazy until Harley Race runs in the ring and hits Orndorff from behind with a clothesline! Race stomps away then picks up Orndorff and crashes him down with a piledriver!

The show ends with Harley Race standing over Paul Orndorff.

#56 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 2089 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:52 PM

Great show here as some angles are continuing and others are just getting going.  Trouble in paradise for Soul Patrol?  An angry Blackjack better be watched carefully or someone will get hurt. Valiant coming for Johnny Rich should be fun.  And the arrogance of the Four Horsemen never ceases to amaze.

#57 gordi

gordi

monster gaijin

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:11 PM

There are so many larger-than-life personalities in MACW now: Flair and the Horsemen, Rock Riddle, Jimmy Valient, Paul Jones, Jim Duggan...

Race and Mulligan as surly veteran heels adds some nice spice to the overall brew you've got going on here.

#58 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 3937 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:29 PM

Loved Pritchard's heavy hitter opponent for the TV belt.  Main was great with David finally getting his come-uppance.   Should have saved that for an arena so the crowd could blow the roof off.  Race vs. Orndorff will be fantastic.  Mulligan is a great addition to your show.  The Horsemen, St. Clair, Soul Patrol not quite getting the win, great show all around.

#59 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 2747 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:48 PM

Certainly, Harley vs Orndorff fighting over the Mid-Atlantic title makes a really good card seller for your upcoming shows. You can easily insert that in the main event slot and fans will go home happy.

#60 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:32 PM

MACW @ The Civic Center, Wheeling WV, 3-22-86

The Kiniski Brothers vs. Mike Sharpe and Pat Rose

Sharpe and Rose get off some offense and do some double teaming on Nick in the corner. The Kiniski's make a comeback. Kelly hits an inverted atomic drop on Rose and Nick follows with a back suplex for the pin!

Blackjack Mulligan vs. Scott Casey

Casey takes Mulligan over with some arm drags then hip tosses Mulligan over and follows with a drop kick. Casey swings Mulligan into the turnbuckles and charges in but Mulligan runs forward and just about takes Casey's head off with a clothesline! Mulligan swings Casey to the ropes and hits a flying back elbow smash. Mulligan gives Casey a couple stomps on the head then clamps on the claw! Mulligan cranks on the pressure and the Ref calls for the bell. Mulligan goes out and gets Casey's white cowboy hat, throws it on the ground and smashes it with his boot.

Soul Patrol vs. Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle

These two teams have had some rivalry in the arenas. Soul Patrol start off fast as they drop kick Timbs out of the ring, they swing Crews to the ropes and double back drop him. Riddle calms his boys down and they regroup. Crews swings Sugar into their corner and Timbs chokes away on him as Crews runs in with  a kick to the mid section. They hammer away on Sugar until Norvell runs over and nails Crews with a forearm blast to the back of his head. All four men end up fighting. The ref gets control and Sugar tags in Norvell. Norvell body slams Crews. Timbs runs in and gets body slammed. Norvell gets on the 2nd rope and hits a flying knee drop on Crews then covers 1..2..Timbs drops an elbow on Norvell. Sugar runs in and fights with Timbs. The ref finally breaks it up and backs Sugar to his corner. The Blondes grab Norvell and hit him with a double facelock drop. Crews covers and the ref counts 1..2..3! Sugar drops a knee on Crews a second to late. Riddle gets his men out of the ring and they hug and celebrate. After Norvell clears the cobwebs, he again wonders where Sugar was. They argue and this time Norvell leaves the ring without Sugar. The Soul Patrol just don't seem to be on the same page lately.

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. Chick Donovan

Idol seems to be gaining a lot of momentum with the fans as they cheer him on. Donovan struts around and flexes. They're about to lock up but Idol struts and does a pose himself. This upsets Donovan as he swings at Idol, Idol blocks and hammers away on Donovan, swings him to the ropes and hits an elbow smash. Idol follows with a knee drop. Idol suplexes Donovan then swings him hard into the turnbuckles. Donovan staggers forward and Idol clamps on the sleeper for the victory!

TV Title Bout

"The Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard © w/Rock Riddle vs. Terry Taylor

A hot rematch here as both men go toe to toe for the first few minutes. Taylor stops Tom's momentum with a jaw breaker. Taylor executes a vertical suplex then hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a forearm drop. Taylor covers but Riddle hops up on the apron and distracts the ref. Taylor jumps up and grabs Riddle. Tom hits Taylor from behind with a flying knee then follows with a belly to back suplex and cover 1..2..Taylor kicks out. Tom stomps away on Taylor then swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Tom gets up on the ropes and dives off for a splash but Taylor moves. Both men are lying side by side. They both wobble up and start exchanging punches. Taylor gets the upper hand but Prichard stops him with an eye rake. Prichard swings Taylor to the ropes but misses a clothesline attempt, Taylor swings back and hits Tom with the flying 5 Arm Smash! Taylor covers but the bell rings. Time limit has expired and the match is declared a draw. Riddle grabs the TV title and runs into the ring. Tom is still laid out but Riddle raises his arm. Taylor is obviously disappointed.

US Tag Team Title Bout

Stud Stable © vs. Caspian Empire

In a rare heel versus heel match these teams broke about every rule they could in this match. Both teams spent a lot of time double teaming their opponents in the corner. After about 15 minutes of hard hitting action, Sheik swings Golden to the ropes and ducks down for a body drop but Golden kicks him and tags in Fuller. Fuller hammers away on Sheik, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him. Smirnoff runs in and hits Fuller from behind which brings Golden in. All four men are brawling. They end up fighting on the outside. The ref is counting as they keep fighting. The ref hits 10 and rings the bell for a double count out. The bell keeps ringing but the two teams keep fighting. Stud Stable remain US Champs.

Canadian International Heavyweight Title Bout

Jacques Rougeau © vs. Tully Blanchard w/JJ Dillon

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, unfortunately Tully Blanchard will not be involved in the match tonight. Jacques Rougeau has insisted on defending his title, so substituting for Tully Blanchard will be one half of the NWA Tag Team Champions, Ole Anderson.

Jacques Rougeau © vs. NWA Tag Champ Ole Anderson w/JJ Dillon

JJ is pointing and yelling at Jacques. Jacques pushes his finger away and Ole blasts Jacques with a right fist. Ole controls the first few minutes by stomping on Jacques and working over his arm. Ole drops several knees on the arm then hits a hammerlock body slam. Ole jumps off the 2nd rope and lands his knee on Jacques's arm. Ole grabs his arm and wrenches away. The ref is asking Jacques if he wants to submit. Jacques shakes his head NO. Jacques manages to hip toss Ole over then hits him with a drop kick. This gives Jacques time to regroup. Ole staggers up and Jacques runs over and drops Ole with a bulldog. Jacques covers 1..2..JJ grabs Jacques foot and pulls him. Jacques gets up and warns JJ. The Ref questions JJ and JJ shakes his head. Jacques walks towards Ole and hits a jumping knee drop. Jacques gets up on the ropes and comes down with an elbow drop but Ole moves. After Ole regroups he hits a diving knee drop on Jacques's hurt arm. Ole hits another hammerlock scoop slam then gets up on the top rope. Ole attempts a flying knee but Jacques moves as Ole crashes down on his knee. Jacques stomps away on Ole's back then drops several elbows on the back. Jacques grabs Ole and puts him in the Quebec Crab! Ole is yelling NO as the ref asks him if he wants to submit. JJ hops up on the apron, Jacques releases the hold, jumps up and pushes JJ off the apron. Jacques picks up Ole, puts him in a half nelson and slams his head on the turnbuckle. Jacques grabs Ole by the arm, JJ once again gets up on the apron. Jacques swings Ole into JJ, JJ falls off the apron, Jacques cradles Ole 1..2..3!! The crowd erupts. The ref hands Jacques his title and Jacques holds it up to the cheering crowd.

United States Title Bout

Ric Flair © w/JJ Dillon vs. Kevin Von Erich

Apparently JJ is still a bit woozy because he's not out here with Flair. Kevin gets a great pop from the crowd which seems to aggravate Flair. Both men go back and forth with some solid wrestling until Flair pokes Kevin in the eyes, pushes him into the turnbuckles and gives him a few chops. Flair hits a delayed vertical suplex then follows with a running jumping knee drop but cant put Kevin away. Flair swings Kevin to the ropes, misses a chop attempt, Kevin swings back and nails Flair with a drop kick. Flair staggers up and Kevin hits another drop kick. Flair slowly stands up and Kevin rolls him over with a flying head scissors. Flair staggers up, takes a couple steps and falls flat on his face. Flair rolls over and Kevin hits a standing leg drop on his mid section then applies the claw to Flair's stomach! The crowd is roaring as Flair is screaming in pain. In an act of desperation Flair grabs Kevin's face and rakes the eyes. Flair hits a low blow for good measure and regroups. The ref gives him a stern warning and checks on Kevin. Flair pushes the ref aside then stomps on Kevin. Flair grabs Kevin and puts him back with a double arm suplex. Flair gives the fans a "WHOOO" then drops a knee on Kevin. Flair snapmares Kevin over and hits him in the back with a knee. Flair then goes to work on the leg. He puts Kevin's leg on the rope then drops several knees on it. Flair picks up Kevin and executes a Shin Breaker. Flair goes for the figure four but Kevin starts hitting Flair's mid section. Kevin keeps punching, and is slowly rising as he's punching, then grabs Flair's arm and pulls him in for a short arm clothesline.  The crowd is rallying behind Kevin. Kevin limps up, grabs Flair and swings him across the ring into the turnbuckles, Flair hits the turnbuckles and flips over, then stands up and staggers across the apron. Kevin grabs him and suplexes him back into the ring. Kevin shakes his leg and limps around. By instinct Flair gets up and dives at Kevin, chopping his leg from behind. Both men are rolling around the ground. Flair grabs Kevin and swings him into the turnbuckles. Flair charges in but Kevin grabs the ropes, jumps up and nails Flair with both feet, sending Flair reeling back. Kevin climbs to the top turnbuckles. Kevin's leg wobbles a bit and he almost looses balance. Kevin leaps off the top rope and hits Flair with a slightly off balanced flying cross body block  but Flair rolls him over, grabs a handful of tights and gets the 1..2..3! Flair retains his United States Title.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NWA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users