Pro Wrestling Only

Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling- March 86

spaldoni

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV Aired 3-22-86

Schiavone: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling, with me as always is David Crockett. David, a lot going on tonight. We will see the team of Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley take on the Devil's Duo. On that note we will show you some footage from the Scope as a familiar face has returned to Mid Atlantic.

David: That's right Tony and speaking of familiar faces returning, Blackjack Mulligan will be in action and we'll show you footage from Richmond and his involvement. Also tonight, Paul Orndorff will put up his entry in the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup against David Sammartino. We will also see some of our great tag teams in action such as Hot Property and American Made, plus the Soul Patrol will clash with the Caspian Empire. Rock Riddle says Tom Prichard is a fighting TV champion and will defend his title tonight.

Schiavone: All that plus Tony St. Clair and Tully Blanchard will be in singles action along with Hacksaw Jim Duggan! We will also hear from the Universal Heartthrob Austin Idol! Well it looks like our first guests have arrived.

JJ Dillon walks out with Ric Flair and the Andersons.

JJ: Tony, just sit back and keep quiet because the Horsemen have something to say.

Arn: Tony, I get so tired of being right and I don't want to toot my own horn but Toot Toot. The Andersons are still holding on to these titles which means we've continued to beat the best teams in the NWA. Now we've beaten the Road Warriors over and over but they still get another shot at us in Greensboro on the 29th. I promise you this Road Warriors, this is the last shot you get!

Ole: The Road Warriors are just glutens for punishment. Come Greensboro, it's your final hurrah because after that night, we're done with you and we're moving on. I will take satisfaction of beating on you one more time and a beating is exactly what you're going to get.

Flair: Whoo! Tell them boys! Speaking of beating up contenders, I've done just that since winning this US title. Last week it was Raymond Rougeau and this weekend in Wheeling it's gonna be Kevin Von Erich. Since I'm doing my part and defeating all the top names in the NWA, I want what's coming to me, and that's a shot at the NWA World Title! I'm starting to think Bob Geigel is on Ricky Martel's payroll.

Schiavone: Hold on Ric...

Flair: Quiet Schiavone! It all makes sense. I haven't received one rematch for the title since Starrcade. I've toured the NWA and beat everybody, then I win the US title and have defended against all comers. I want my shot! WHOOOO! You hear me Geigel!

JJ leads the Horsemen out.

Schiavone: Ok, a very frustrated Ric Flair. Fans lets go to the ring and watch a man who made quite a debut last week.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Gary Williams

The fans are behind Duggan as he body slams Williams several times. Duggan backs up and gets in his 3 point stance. Williams staggers to his feet, Duggan charges and nails him with a running clothesline for the pin! The fans cheer as Duggan heads to the podium.

David: Welcome to Mid Atlantic Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Jim: Thank you David. I want to say Hacksaw Duggan is here to take on anybody who wants to get in the ring with me. I proved that last week when my old friend Terry Taylor was being assaulted by those no good Caspian Empire. Terry and I took care of them last weekend and I'm sure they don't want anymore of Hacksaw Duggan. So I'm challenging anybody tough enough to get in the ring with me. You want a good fight then sign on the line and I'll give you just that!

Commercial Break

American Made (Kirchner/Kernodle) vs. Tim Straw and Lou Simms

Kernodle swings Simms to the ropes and hits him with a forearm smash. Kernodle hits a neckbreaker then tags in Kirchner. Kirchner picks up Simms and hits his Fallaway Slam for the pin!

Kirchner and Kernodle cut a promo on the Assassins, saying this isn't over and they'll see them in the arenas. When they exit, Schiavone welcomes out Mark Youngblood.

Mark: Last week my brother Chris lost a match to the Cobra. Now that's fine but the Cobra assaulted and hurt my brother after the match. There was no reason to do that. Cobra, you messed with a Youngblood and now you have to mess with another. I'm coming after you and if the Assassin sticks his nose in my business I'll chop him down.

Schiavone: Well it looks like the Assassin's men have some enemies coming after them.

Commercial Break

Soul Patrol vs. Caspian Empire

Fun competitive TV match here. The Caspian Empire break every rule they can when double teaming in the corner. The Soul Patrol come back with high flying moves by Sugar and hard knees and slams by Norvell. The Soul Patrol hit a double suplex on Sheik then jump up and are about to hit their double diving headbutt but Smirnoff hits a flying high knee from behind on Norvell, who crashes into Sugar. Smirnoff rolls up Norvell and grabs a handful of tights as the Ref counts 1..2..3! Smirnoff and Sheik roll out of the ring and celebrate to the back. Sugar helps Norvell up but Norvell pushes him away and puts his arms out. They argue for a bit as Sugar is explaining what happened. Norvell calms down and they leave together.

Commercial Break

Tony St. Clair vs. Clyde Putnam

Tony has the crowd fired up as he back drops Putnam then follows with a heels first drop kick. Tony gets up on the top rope. Putnam gets to his feet, Tony fly's off the top rope and hits the body press for the pin! Tony heads to the podium.

David: Tony, I received word that you have a match signed with Billy Robinson and if he gets Disqualified he will be suspended from Mid Atlantic.

Tony: You know David, it seems Billy cant beat me in a wrestling match so he resorts to cheap tactics like pounding me with a chair. Well, now we get to see finally once and for all if Billy still has what it takes. Billy claims to be the best wrestler from the UK and calls me a phony. Let me set the record straight, Billy Robinson is a sham and takes short cuts. It's a disgrace how he represents the UK. The next time we meet Billy, I'm going to outwrestle you and pin you 1..2..3!

Blackjack Mulligan vs. Roger Murphy

The fans boo as Mulligan just stomps down on Murphy. Mulligan swings Murphy to the ropes and hits him with a flying back elbow smash. Mulligan stomps on Murphy's head then clamps on the claw! The Ref rings the bell. Mulligan applies more pressure on the claw then finally releases the hold. Mulligan holds up his black gloved hand to the booing crowd then heads to the podium.

Schiavone: Ok fans, Blackjack Mulligan has arrived. Lets take you to some footage from Richmond.

Footage of the Race/Snuka match as Snuka is ready to leap off the top rope but is pushed over by Mulligan. Mulligan stomps on Snuka then clamps on the claw.

Schiavone: Blackjack, why target Jimmy Snuka and cost him a chance at the Mid Atlantic title?

Blackjack: I did that to send a message to everybody in Mid Atlantic that Blackjack Mulligan has arrived! It didn't matter who I was going to make an example of but apparently Snuka had some unfinished business with some acquaintances so I volunteered to get some payback for them. I got my message across and they got some payback, two birds, one stone.

Schiavone: They being the Stud Stable?

Blackjack: That's none of your business Schiavone! The business at hand is Blackjack Mulligan is here and Mid Atlantic better watch out!

Commercial Break

Tully Blanchard w/JJ Dillon vs. Ken Jenkins

Tully beats down Jenkins then hoists him up and hits the slingshot suplex for the pin! JJ runs in the ring and towels off Tully's head as the crowd boos.

David: Ok, Tully Blanchard looks tuned up for his Canadian International title shot against champ, Jacques Rougeau this weekend in Wheeling WV. Fans at this time please welcome a man making his first televised appearance in a long time, I'm talking about the Universal Heartthrob, Austin Idol.

The fans cheer as Idol walks out and gives them a smile and right arm bicep flex.

Idol: David Crockett, it's so great to be here baby! Everybody knows that Austin Idol is the man of the hour and the toast of the coast baby!

The fans boo as Tully Blanchard and JJ Dillon head over.

Tully: Listen, you might be a big deal in wherever it is you came from, but buddy, you're looking at the real deal, a true ring technician and member of the most elite group in wrestling, the 4 Horsemen. What exactly have you accomplished?

Idol steps up.

Tully: Hey relax. I'll tell you what, I'm going to win the Canadian International title this weekend. So how about on the 29th in Greensboro, we can get into the ring and I can show you a few things. After that humbling experience, you can decide if Mid Atlantic is the right place for you.

Tully gives Idol a couple of light slaps on the cheek. Idol looks at the crowd and winks then turns around and blasts Tully with a right hand! JJ comes forward but Idol clenches his fist and JJ backpedals.

Idol: There's my answer baby, guess I'll see you in Greensboro, Jack.

Commercial Break

Footage is shown from the Scope of Jimmy Valiant coming to the ring and him, Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley hammer away on the Devil's Duo and Johnny Rich.

David: Fans, you just witnessed the return to Mid Atlantic of the Boogie Woogie Man, Jimmy Valiant. With me right now is Paul Jones, along with Johnny Rich.

Paul: Damn it David Crockett! If there's one man I hate more than anybody on this planet, it's Jimmy Valiant! I cant stand him! Why is he here! I guarantee you this, my man Johnny Rich is going to send Valiant out of here, for good! Once and for all! Out of my life!

Rich: It's ok Paul, you wont have to worry long because after I get done with him, he'll be gone forever just like Brett Sawyer.

Paul: (takes a deep breath) I know I can count on you Johnny. Now as for Johnson and Cooley, my Devil's Duo has unfinished business and they're ready to square things now.

Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley vs. The Devil's Duo w/Paul Jones and Johnny Rich

The 4 men start hammering away on each other. Johnson shuffles his feet and nails Sword with a flurry of punches, sending him to the outside. Cooley swings Vines to the ropes and back drops him, Vines rolls out of the ring. The Duo get control with a double body slam on Cooley. They continue to double team Cooley in the corner. A miscue leads to a hot tag to Johnson. Johnson comes in with fire as he sends the Duo down with drop kicks. Johnson body slams Vines and covers but Sword drops an elbow to break the count. Cooley runs in and the brawl is on. Johnson swings Vines to the ropes and back drops him. Johnson then dropkicks Sword from behind into Cooley, who hoists Sword up then runs with him and hits the Oklahoma Stampede for the 1..2..3! Rich comes running into the ring with Paul's cane. He hits Johnson then hits Cooley. The fans erupt as Jimmy Valiant runs to the ring and hits Rich from behind, knocking the cane out of his hand. Valiant picks up the cane and smacks Rich with it. Valiant points the cane down at Paul Jones. Jones is having a breakdown.

Commercial Break

Rock Riddle and Tom Prichard are at the podium.

David: Well Mr. Riddle, I know you have something to say.

Riddle: (Big Smile) Oh Davey baby, always good to chat with you. Now that the Agency has a title we want to prove to everybody what a fighting champ the Doctor of Desire is. Tonight he will be defending his TV title against top contender Bill Richards. Now the Agency knows defending this title is a tough task but Tom insists on being a fighting champion.

Tom: That's exactly right Rock. I'm all about giving chances and opportunity. I think this Bill Richards is a fighting contender and I want to take on the best, so let's get to it.

TV Title Bout

The Doctor of Desire Tom Prichard © w/Rock Riddle vs. Bill Richards

Tom starts off with a handshake then quickly hits Bill with a belly to back suplex. Tom stomps away on Bill then hits a vertical suplex. Tom gets up on the top rope and comes down with a flying knee drop for the pin! Riddle runs in and hands him the TV title then hugs him. Tom holds up the title and celebrates.

Hot Property vs. Louis Campos and Alex Portman

Travis and Savoldi are looking better and better every week. They've mentioned that working for the Wild West Wrestling show has really helped improve their team work and skills. Travis swings Portman to the ropes and hits a side slam then tags in Savoldi. Savoldi gets up on the 2nd rope and hits a flying elbow drop. Savoldi tags in Travis, they swing Portman to the ropes and hit the double Hot Shot for the pin! The fans cheer as Hot Property acknowledges them, then heads to the podium.

Schiavone: Great win tonight for Hot Property, so what can we expect in the future?

Travis: One thing is for sure, Hot Property is looking to get some gold!

Savoldi: You said it Billy. We've been improving week in and week out. We know what it takes.....

The fans boo as Rock Riddle and the Fabulous Blondes come out.

Riddle: (Clapping) You boys are great and I have to say you're a pretty good little team. Now I like you guys and the Agency is always looking for new clients. I come here to present you with an opportunity of a lifetime. I would like you boys to join the Agency. Now of course my Fabulous Blondes here will be the main team but you boys can be their opening act. You know, you get the crowd warmed up for the main attraction. What do you say?

Riddle, Crews and Timbs are smiling and offering their hands.

Travis and Savoldi talk it over.

Travis: Tell you what Rock, we have a better idea. Why don't we wrestle your main attraction here next week on TV? I mean your boys shouldn't have a problem with wrestling an opening act like Hot Property right?

The Blondes and Riddle's smiles drop.

Riddle: Well I thought I saw something in you boys but in a rare moment, looks like I was wrong. You boys are very foolish. Get ready to be taught a serious lesson by the best tag team in Mid Atlantic.

David Crockett walks over.

David: Well gentlemen the stakes got higher because the winning team will get a United States tag team title shot.

Riddle: What a great time for the Agency. We have the TV title and now we'll get the US tag titles!

Savoldi: I wouldn't bet on that Riddle.

Commercial Break

Brad Kimber is in the ring awaiting his opponent.

Schiavone: Wait a minute! That's not Brad Kimber's opponent, that's Tiger Jeet Singh!

Singh charges the ring and wails on Kimber. He pounds on Kimber with the sword he brought in! He keeps hammering away on Kimber and busts him open! Officials run out to stop this.

Schiavone: My goodness! I have no idea what that was about! Medics are in the ring attending to Brad Kimber. Oh my, I'm sure Mr. Singh will have to answer to that. Fans, when we come back, Paul Orndorff puts his entry on the line against David Sammartino.

Commercial Break

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff vs. "The Great One" David Sammartino

After threatening Orndorff and arguing with the fans, David starts the match with a headlock. He wrenches it on while shouting at the fans. Orndorff wiggles his finger then lifts David up and suplexes him back. Orndorff picks David up and body slams him then follows with a forearm drop. Orndorff picks David up, swings him to the ropes and nails him with a clothesline. David rolls out of the ring, stands up then falls back down. David finally gets back in the ring and eye rakes Orndorff then shows off some pretty good offense as he executes a swinging neckbreaker followed by a jumping elbow drop. David backs up and hits a delayed running knee drop. David arrogantly covers 1..Kick out! David for some reason starts berating the Ref. Orndorff regroups, turns David around and hammers him with punches. Orndorff hits a gutwrench suplex. Orndorff hops on the 2nd rope and crashes down with a knee drop. Orndorff gives the signal. The crowd roars in anticipation. Orndorff picks David up and crashes him down with the piledriver! The Ref counts 1..2..3!!! The fans are going crazy until Harley Race runs in the ring and hits Orndorff from behind with a clothesline! Race stomps away then picks up Orndorff and crashes him down with a piledriver!

The show ends with Harley Race standing over Paul Orndorff.

Great show here as some angles are continuing and others are just getting going. Trouble in paradise for Soul Patrol? An angry Blackjack better be watched carefully or someone will get hurt. Valiant coming for Johnny Rich should be fun. And the arrogance of the Four Horsemen never ceases to amaze.

There are so many larger-than-life personalities in MACW now: Flair and the Horsemen, Rock Riddle, Jimmy Valient, Paul Jones, Jim Duggan...

Race and Mulligan as surly veteran heels adds some nice spice to the overall brew you've got going on here.

Loved Pritchard's heavy hitter opponent for the TV belt. Main was great with David finally getting his come-uppance. Should have saved that for an arena so the crowd could blow the roof off. Race vs. Orndorff will be fantastic. Mulligan is a great addition to your show. The Horsemen, St. Clair, Soul Patrol not quite getting the win, great show all around.

MACW @ The Civic Center, Wheeling WV, 3-22-86

The Kiniski Brothers vs. Mike Sharpe and Pat Rose

Sharpe and Rose get off some offense and do some double teaming on Nick in the corner. The Kiniski's make a comeback. Kelly hits an inverted atomic drop on Rose and Nick follows with a back suplex for the pin!

Blackjack Mulligan vs. Scott Casey

Casey takes Mulligan over with some arm drags then hip tosses Mulligan over and follows with a drop kick. Casey swings Mulligan into the turnbuckles and charges in but Mulligan runs forward and just about takes Casey's head off with a clothesline! Mulligan swings Casey to the ropes and hits a flying back elbow smash. Mulligan gives Casey a couple stomps on the head then clamps on the claw! Mulligan cranks on the pressure and the Ref calls for the bell. Mulligan goes out and gets Casey's white cowboy hat, throws it on the ground and smashes it with his boot.

Soul Patrol vs. Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle

These two teams have had some rivalry in the arenas. Soul Patrol start off fast as they drop kick Timbs out of the ring, they swing Crews to the ropes and double back drop him. Riddle calms his boys down and they regroup. Crews swings Sugar into their corner and Timbs chokes away on him as Crews runs in with a kick to the mid section. They hammer away on Sugar until Norvell runs over and nails Crews with a forearm blast to the back of his head. All four men end up fighting. The ref gets control and Sugar tags in Norvell. Norvell body slams Crews. Timbs runs in and gets body slammed. Norvell gets on the 2nd rope and hits a flying knee drop on Crews then covers 1..2..Timbs drops an elbow on Norvell. Sugar runs in and fights with Timbs. The ref finally breaks it up and backs Sugar to his corner. The Blondes grab Norvell and hit him with a double facelock drop. Crews covers and the ref counts 1..2..3! Sugar drops a knee on Crews a second to late. Riddle gets his men out of the ring and they hug and celebrate. After Norvell clears the cobwebs, he again wonders where Sugar was. They argue and this time Norvell leaves the ring without Sugar. The Soul Patrol just don't seem to be on the same page lately.

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. Chick Donovan

Idol seems to be gaining a lot of momentum with the fans as they cheer him on. Donovan struts around and flexes. They're about to lock up but Idol struts and does a pose himself. This upsets Donovan as he swings at Idol, Idol blocks and hammers away on Donovan, swings him to the ropes and hits an elbow smash. Idol follows with a knee drop. Idol suplexes Donovan then swings him hard into the turnbuckles. Donovan staggers forward and Idol clamps on the sleeper for the victory!

TV Title Bout

"The Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard © w/Rock Riddle vs. Terry Taylor

A hot rematch here as both men go toe to toe for the first few minutes. Taylor stops Tom's momentum with a jaw breaker. Taylor executes a vertical suplex then hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a forearm drop. Taylor covers but Riddle hops up on the apron and distracts the ref. Taylor jumps up and grabs Riddle. Tom hits Taylor from behind with a flying knee then follows with a belly to back suplex and cover 1..2..Taylor kicks out. Tom stomps away on Taylor then swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Tom gets up on the ropes and dives off for a splash but Taylor moves. Both men are lying side by side. They both wobble up and start exchanging punches. Taylor gets the upper hand but Prichard stops him with an eye rake. Prichard swings Taylor to the ropes but misses a clothesline attempt, Taylor swings back and hits Tom with the flying 5 Arm Smash! Taylor covers but the bell rings. Time limit has expired and the match is declared a draw. Riddle grabs the TV title and runs into the ring. Tom is still laid out but Riddle raises his arm. Taylor is obviously disappointed.

US Tag Team Title Bout

Stud Stable © vs. Caspian Empire

In a rare heel versus heel match these teams broke about every rule they could in this match. Both teams spent a lot of time double teaming their opponents in the corner. After about 15 minutes of hard hitting action, Sheik swings Golden to the ropes and ducks down for a body drop but Golden kicks him and tags in Fuller. Fuller hammers away on Sheik, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him. Smirnoff runs in and hits Fuller from behind which brings Golden in. All four men are brawling. They end up fighting on the outside. The ref is counting as they keep fighting. The ref hits 10 and rings the bell for a double count out. The bell keeps ringing but the two teams keep fighting. Stud Stable remain US Champs.

Canadian International Heavyweight Title Bout

Jacques Rougeau © vs. Tully Blanchard w/JJ Dillon

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, unfortunately Tully Blanchard will not be involved in the match tonight. Jacques Rougeau has insisted on defending his title, so substituting for Tully Blanchard will be one half of the NWA Tag Team Champions, Ole Anderson.

Jacques Rougeau © vs. NWA Tag Champ Ole Anderson w/JJ Dillon

JJ is pointing and yelling at Jacques. Jacques pushes his finger away and Ole blasts Jacques with a right fist. Ole controls the first few minutes by stomping on Jacques and working over his arm. Ole drops several knees on the arm then hits a hammerlock body slam. Ole jumps off the 2nd rope and lands his knee on Jacques's arm. Ole grabs his arm and wrenches away. The ref is asking Jacques if he wants to submit. Jacques shakes his head NO. Jacques manages to hip toss Ole over then hits him with a drop kick. This gives Jacques time to regroup. Ole staggers up and Jacques runs over and drops Ole with a bulldog. Jacques covers 1..2..JJ grabs Jacques foot and pulls him. Jacques gets up and warns JJ. The Ref questions JJ and JJ shakes his head. Jacques walks towards Ole and hits a jumping knee drop. Jacques gets up on the ropes and comes down with an elbow drop but Ole moves. After Ole regroups he hits a diving knee drop on Jacques's hurt arm. Ole hits another hammerlock scoop slam then gets up on the top rope. Ole attempts a flying knee but Jacques moves as Ole crashes down on his knee. Jacques stomps away on Ole's back then drops several elbows on the back. Jacques grabs Ole and puts him in the Quebec Crab! Ole is yelling NO as the ref asks him if he wants to submit. JJ hops up on the apron, Jacques releases the hold, jumps up and pushes JJ off the apron. Jacques picks up Ole, puts him in a half nelson and slams his head on the turnbuckle. Jacques grabs Ole by the arm, JJ once again gets up on the apron. Jacques swings Ole into JJ, JJ falls off the apron, Jacques cradles Ole 1..2..3!! The crowd erupts. The ref hands Jacques his title and Jacques holds it up to the cheering crowd.

United States Title Bout

Ric Flair © w/JJ Dillon vs. Kevin Von Erich

Apparently JJ is still a bit woozy because he's not out here with Flair. Kevin gets a great pop from the crowd which seems to aggravate Flair. Both men go back and forth with some solid wrestling until Flair pokes Kevin in the eyes, pushes him into the turnbuckles and gives him a few chops. Flair hits a delayed vertical suplex then follows with a running jumping knee drop but cant put Kevin away. Flair swings Kevin to the ropes, misses a chop attempt, Kevin swings back and nails Flair with a drop kick. Flair staggers up and Kevin hits another drop kick. Flair slowly stands up and Kevin rolls him over with a flying head scissors. Flair staggers up, takes a couple steps and falls flat on his face. Flair rolls over and Kevin hits a standing leg drop on his mid section then applies the claw to Flair's stomach! The crowd is roaring as Flair is screaming in pain. In an act of desperation Flair grabs Kevin's face and rakes the eyes. Flair hits a low blow for good measure and regroups. The ref gives him a stern warning and checks on Kevin. Flair pushes the ref aside then stomps on Kevin. Flair grabs Kevin and puts him back with a double arm suplex. Flair gives the fans a "WHOOO" then drops a knee on Kevin. Flair snapmares Kevin over and hits him in the back with a knee. Flair then goes to work on the leg. He puts Kevin's leg on the rope then drops several knees on it. Flair picks up Kevin and executes a Shin Breaker. Flair goes for the figure four but Kevin starts hitting Flair's mid section. Kevin keeps punching, and is slowly rising as he's punching, then grabs Flair's arm and pulls him in for a short arm clothesline. The crowd is rallying behind Kevin. Kevin limps up, grabs Flair and swings him across the ring into the turnbuckles, Flair hits the turnbuckles and flips over, then stands up and staggers across the apron. Kevin grabs him and suplexes him back into the ring. Kevin shakes his leg and limps around. By instinct Flair gets up and dives at Kevin, chopping his leg from behind. Both men are rolling around the ground. Flair grabs Kevin and swings him into the turnbuckles. Flair charges in but Kevin grabs the ropes, jumps up and nails Flair with both feet, sending Flair reeling back. Kevin climbs to the top turnbuckles. Kevin's leg wobbles a bit and he almost looses balance. Kevin leaps off the top rope and hits Flair with a slightly off balanced flying cross body block but Flair rolls him over, grabs a handful of tights and gets the 1..2..3! Flair retains his United States Title.

Two big matches to top off that card. JJ not being there for Flair was good story-telling and helped differentiate the two title bouts. Both matches were dramatic and exciting.

The hat-stomping from Mulligan is a classic heel move.

I am glad the people of West Virginia get a show here. I always remember promos for Wheeling on Georgia Championship Wrestling.

As always, your show as a fun read. Nice to see Ole get softened up a bit here for the UWF Road Warriors. Nice main event. I was thinking the title was heading back to Texas.

MACW @ Limestone College Gym, Gaffney SC- 3-23-86

Hot Property vs. Devil's Duo w/Paul Jones

Hot Property gets the crowd going as they clean house by drop kicking both Vines and Sword outside the ring. Jones runs over to council his men. Hot Property keep control as Travis snap suplexes Vines over, then tags in Savoldi, who comes off the 2nd rope with an elbow drop and cover but Sword breaks the count with a knee drop. Devil's Duo takes over, they swing Savoldi to the ropes and hit a double kick to the mid section, pick him up and hit a double suplex slam. Sword covers but Travis drops an elbow to break the count. All four men start fighting. The ref is in the corner with Travis and Sword. In the opposite corner, Sword grabs Savoldi's arms as Paul Jones gets on the apron with his cane. Sword turns Savoldi towards Jones, Jones swings his cane at Savoldi but Savoldi ducks and Sword takes the shot. Savoldi punches Jones off the apron (at the same time Travis hits a side slam on Vines across the ring) and covers Sword, the Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! The crowd cheers as Hot Property celebrate.

Pedro Morales vs. Tiger Jeet Singh

Singh comes out and knocks over anybody who was in his way. He walks around the ring, swinging his sword at the fans. He gets into the ring and charges at the announcer with his sword. The announcer runs out of the ring. Singh raises his sword at the ref, the ref warns him but ends up getting out of there. The fans are booing Singh as he circles the ring like a madman. The crowd roars as Pedro Morales hits the ring and nails Singh from behind. Morales pounds away on Singh. The sword fly's out of Singh's hand. The Ref gets in there, kicks the sword out of the ring and signals for the bell to start the match. Morales swings Singh to the ropes and back drops him. Singh staggers up and charges at Morales, who body slams him, then follows with another slam. The crowd is going crazy as Morales jumps up and drops a knee. Morales covers but Singh rakes his eyes. Singh wobbles around then stomps away on Morales. Singh chokes Morales then punches away. Singh swings Morales to the ropes and clamps on the sleeper. The crowd cheers on Morales. Morales elbows away on Singh and breaks the hold. Morales hits Singh with a Caribbean knee lift then follows with the Caribbean Cannonball and cover 1..2..Singh gets his foot on the rope. Morales bends down to grab Singh but Singh gouges the eyes and regroups. Singh gives Morales a low blow followed by a body slam. Singh hoists Morales onto his shoulders then drops him with an Argentine backbreaker drop for the pin!

American Made vs. The Assassins w/The Assassin

Hard hitting match as both teams trade momentum. After getting double teamed Kirchner is able to tag in Kernodle. Kernodle runs in and clotheslines both Assassins. He gets up on the 2nd rope and drops a knee on Assassin 1 and covers but Assassin 2 kicks Kernodle to break the count. Kirchner runs in and blasts Assassin 2 with a forearm. Kernodle atomic drops Assassin 1 and Kirchner grabs him and hits a Fallaway Slam! Kirchner is not the legal man so the Ref is trying to get him back to his corner. Kernodle goes to swing off the ropes but gets a kick in the back from Assassin 2. Kirchner runs in but the Ref stops him. Assassin 2 runs in and him and Assassin 1 pick up Kernodle and hit a double stomach breaker. Assassin 1 covers but Kirchner hits a leg drop to break the count. The Assassin hands something to Assassin 2 (who puts it in his mask) then gets on the apron and Kirchner runs over and grabs him. Assassin 2 headbutts Kirchner from behind and throws him through the ropes. Assassin 1 body slams Kernodle and tags in Assassin 2. Assassin 2 flies off the top rope with a diving knee drop for the pin!

"Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant vs. Johnny Rich w/Paul Jones

The bell rings and Paul Jones tries to sucker punch Valiant but Valiant blocks it and levels Jones. Rich charges Valiant but Valiant back drops him then picks up both Jones and Rich by their hair and knocks their heads together. The fans roar as Jones rolls out of the ring. Valiant does his little dance as the crowd cheers. Rich takes control and kicks Valiant then suplexes him back. Rich drops several knees then hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a flying elbow drop and covers but Valiant kicks out. Rich gets frustrated and chokes Valiant on the ropes. Rich swings Valiant to the ropes and ducks down but Valiant kicks him. Valiant comes back with a series of punches and follows with a forehead bite. Valiant body slams Rich. Paul Jones makes his way to the apron and is berating Valiant. Valiant runs over and grabs Jones by his throat and starts choking him. Rich gets up and charges over, jumps up and goes for a flying knee but Valiant moves and Rich nails Jones! Valiant body slams Rich, follows with an elbow drop and gets the 1..2..3!

Mark Youngblood vs. The Cobra w/The Assassin

Mark is here to get some payback for the beating the Cobra gave his brother Chris a couple weeks ago on TV. Mark starts off with fire as he chops away on the Cobra. Mark hits a back drop then follows with a diving chop to the head. Mark swings Cobra to the ropes and hits a diving thrust shot. Assassin gets up on the apron and Mark runs over and gives him a chop, sending him down on the apron. The Ref is over there trying to keep the match in order. The Cobra hits Mark from behind with a drop kick then follows with a snap suplex. Cobra swings off the ropes and hits a Senton then covers 1..2..Mark barely gets his shoulder up. Cobra swings Mark to the ropes and hits a knee to the mid section then clamps on the Abdominal Stretch. The crowd cheers Mark on. Mark is shaking his fist then bounces up and down and hip tosses Cobra over. Mark gets his War Dance going. Cobra gets up and Mark chops away, swings Cobra into the turnbuckles and follows with a running boot to the head. Mark hops over the ropes onto the apron then comes back with a slingshot splash, the ref counts 1..2..No! Mark is attacked by the Assassins! The Ref signals for the DQ. The Assassin is yelling at his men to punish Mark. They stomp away then pick him up and double slam him. Assassin 1 hits a backbreaker then Assassin 2 swings off the ropes and comes down with a jumping knee. The Cobra finally gets up and goes to the top rope as the Assassins are stretching Mark out. The Cobra leaps off and hits the Senton from the top rope. The fans boo as the Assassin gets in between his masked faction and pats their backs.

NWA Tag Team Champ Arn Anderson vs. "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

No JJ Dillon tonight as he's in West Virginia. Arn shows off his title to Wendell then says some choice words. Arn doesn't seem to be taking Wendell to seriously as they lock up, Arn takes him down then slaps the back of his head. Wendell gets up and pushes Arn down as Arn looks up with a shocked look. Wendell takes control with some arm drag take overs. Wendell twists away on Arn's arm as Arn grimaces in pain. Arn pushes Wendell against the ropes then swings him across the ring but Wendell comes back with a shoulder block that sends Arn out of the ring. The fans cheer as Arn is disoriented. Arn then gets angry. Arn gets up on the apron and rakes the eyes of Wendell. Arn pushes Wendell into the turnbuckles and unleashes some hard hitting knees to the mid section. Wendell falls forward and Arn hits him with some double axe handles. Arn picks up Wendell and executes a vertical suplex. Arn covers but cant put Wendell away. Arn takes his time as he goes to the top rope. Wendell gets up and slams Arn off the top rope. Wendell regroups, Arn staggers up and Wendell nails him with a drop kick, follows with an running elbow drop and cover but Arn's foot is on the ropes. Wendell swings Arn to the ropes and ducks down but Arn stops, grabs Wendell and hits the Gourdbuster! Arn is still woozy and it takes him awhile to make the cover 1..2..Wendell barely gets his shoulder up. Arn slowly stands then drops several knees on Wendell. Arn scoop slams Wendell, then scoop slams him again. He covers 1..2..but Arn lifts him up and says "One more" Arn lifts Wendell up but Wendell cradles him 1..2..3!!!! The crowd goes nuts as Arn is in total shock. Wendell is lying on the ground as the Ref bends down to raise his arm. Arn pushes the ref out of the way and stomps away. Arn swings Wendell to the ropes and hits the Spinebuster!

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff/Bob Backlund/Tony St. Clair vs. Mid Atlantic Champ Harley Race/Billy Robinson/"Great One" David Sammartino

A few programs intertwined in this match up. Everybody gets their shine moments tonight. St. Clair and Robinson get their segment as they try to outwrestle each other. Backlund pretty much suplexes Sammartino all over the ring. The crowd cheers as Orndorff and Race finally square off. After a hard hitting exchange, Orndorff hits a forearm strike then grabs Race and hits a belly to back suplex. Race wobbles back and tags out. The heels get control as Backlund winds up in the corner. Sammartino is now eager to get in there. He stomps away on Backlund in the corner, then hoists him up and suplexes him back. When Backlund starts to make a comeback, Sammartino runs and tags in Robinson. Robinson hits a side slam backbreaker then tags in Race. Race executes a swinging neckbreaker. Sammartino is begging for a tag. Race obliges. Sammartino gets in a 3 point stance. Backlund finally rises and Sammartino runs him over and celebrates like he just won the Super Bowl. St. Clair grabs Sammartino from behind and gives him a back suplex. Robinson runs in and him and St. Clair go at it. Race runs in and him and Orndorff have an exchange. The Ref lets it go for a bit then tries to restore order. Finally its back to the legal men of Backlund and Sammartino. Sammartino picks up Backlund but Backlund hoists him up and hits the Atomic Drop that sends Sammartino into the fists of St. Clair and Orndorff. Backlund tags in Orndorff, the crowd cheers as Orndorff pummels away on Sammartino. Orndorff body slams him then tags in St. Clair. St. Clair swings off the ropes and hits a diving headbutt on Sammartino's mid section. Robinson runs in but St. Clair gets up and sends him back with a heels first drop kick. St. Clair tags in Orndorff as Race charges over. Orndorff fires away on Race, then clotheslines him over the top rope. Robinson tries to hit Orndorff from behind but St. Clair cuts him off with a flying body press that sends them both over the top rope. Orndorff tags in Backlund. Backlund picks up Sammartino, runs with him and drops him with a running atomic drop. Backlund points to Orndorff and looks at the cheering crowd. Backlund tags in Orndorff. Orndorff makes the signal, grabs Sammartino and crashes him down with the piledriver! The ref counts 1..2..3!! The place erupts! St. Clair and Robinson are still fighting on the outside. Race pulls Backlund's feet from him and Backlund crashes down on the apron. Race then throws Backlund into the steel post. Race charges the ring but Orndorff turns around and blasts Race, then swings him to the ropes and hits him with a high knee, sending him through the ropes.

Greensboro Card on 3-29-86

United States Title Bout

Ric Flair © w/JJ Dillon vs. Mid Atlantic Champ Harley Race

NWA World Tag Team Title Bout

The Andersons © w/JJ Dillon vs. UWF Tag Champs The Road Warriors w/Paul Ellering

Tully Blanchard w/JJ Dillon vs. "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol

Demanded Rematch by David Sammartino

TV Champ Tom Prichard/Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle vs. Terry Taylor/ Hot Property

Tony St. Clair vs. Billy Robinson- If Robinson gets Disqualified he will be suspended

The Assassins w/The Assassin vs. The Kiniski Brothers

Cooley's win is definitely the highlight. The main was a great mix of brawling and technical wrestling. The Assassins and the Cobra really put the boots to Mark there too. Who is going to avenge the Youngblood name now? Hot Property got a big win in the opener.

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV aired 3-29-86

Schiavone: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling, with me as always is David Crockett. Big show tonight David as the 4 Horsemen will be in the ring in an 8 man tag team match.

David: That's right Tony, a rare television moment indeed. Also tonight, the Fabulous Blondes will take on Hot Property and the winners will get a US tag team title match.

Schiavone: Speaking of the US tag titles, the champs, the Stud Stable will be in action. Also wrestling tonight will be Mid Atlantic champ Harley Race, Bob Backlund, Mark Youngblood, the Assassins, Jimmy Snuka and Terry Taylor.

David: And don't forget, the Great One David Sammartino will be in the ring and also has something to say. We also have news on the big Greensboro card this weekend as well as our big Spring Spectacular cards that will take place on April 19th and 20th. Well hey, lets get to the action.

Terry Taylor vs. Lou Simms

Taylor works over Simms then takes him up and over with a suplex. Taylor drops some knees and hits a jawbreaker. Taylor swings Simms to the ropes and hits the flying 5 arm for the pin!

David: Big win for Taylor as he looks to regain the TV title. Fans, with me right now is Billy Robinson. Billy, you have a match in Greensboro with Tony St. Clair and if you get disqualified you will be suspended.

Billy: Once again that phony St. Clair calls in favors to you and your brother. He's just hiding the fact that I'm the superior wrestler. I've outwrestled him numerous times and it's been proven, that I am the greatest wrestler from the UK. St. Clair, in Greensboro this stipulation wont help you because I'm going to hurt and punish you with nothing but sheer wrestling submission holds. You're going to be begging for your life and then I'm going to hurt you more and more.

Commercial Break

US Tag Team Champs The Stud Stable vs. Carl Hillman and Vic DeMarco

Fuller and Golden work over their opponents with body slams, clotheslines and a double suplex. Fuller picks up Hillman and drops him with a shoulder breaker then tags in Golden. Fuller holds Hillman as Golden jumps off the top rope and crashes down on Hillman's shoulder with a knee. Golden covers and gets the pin!

Schiavone: The Stud Stable shows why they're are the US tag champs. Fans, with me right now is the Soul Patrol, Norvell Austin and Sweet Brown Sugar. Well guys, it looks like things have been tense between you two.

Norvell: You know Tony, yea we've been in a bit of a slump lately and my temper may have gotten the best of me.

Sugar: Hey, we're like brothers and things happen and fights happen, but in the end we're both on the same page.

Norvell: And we both want to be champions. So get ready Mid Atlantic cuz the Soul Patrol is back on track!

Sugar: And in sync baby!

Commercial Break

Mark Youngblood vs. Tim Straw

Youngblood chops Straw down then swings him to the ropes and follows with a running boot to the face. Straw staggers forward and falls. Youngblood body slams him then goes out on the apron and hits the Sling Shot Splash for the pin! Mark acknowledges the cheering fans then heads to the podium.

David: Great win Mark, I understand you have something to say.

Mark: Yes I do David. The last time I met the Cobra in the ring, the Assassins came in and attacked me. Well, I get a rematch with the Cobra in Greensboro this weekend and Assassins, if you interfere, well, you'll find out what happens. As for you Cobra, this doesn't end until I get sufficient payback for my brother.

Bob Backlund vs. Steve Ramsey

Backlund works over Ramsey with some great mat wrestling. Backlund swings Ramsey to the ropes and back drops him. Backlund hoists Ramsey up and hits him with a running Atomic Drop for the pin!

Commercial Break

Mid Atlantic Champ Harley Race vs. Aaron Arbuckle

Race executes a vertical suplex, then follows with a swinging neckbreaker then finishes Arbuckle off with the Piledriver! Race grabs his title and heads to the podium.

Schiavone: Good win tonight Harley but I have to ask, what were your motives in attacking Paul Orndorff last week?

Race: It's simple and that is David Sammartino is absolutely right in what he said. Paul Orndorff just strolls right into Mid Atlantic and gets everything handed to him on a silver platter. He gets an entry in the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup, well that doesn't matter because I'm winning that Cup! Orndorff also goes around using my Piledriver! That's my move and I proved that last week by putting you down with it! Now, switching gears, I get a US title match in Greensboro against my old friend Ric Flair. Flair at the end of the night I'll be holding up both titles and Orndorff, if you want to do something about what I did to you then step into the ring and try!

Schiavone: Ok strong words from the Mid Atlantic champion. Back to the ring for tag team action.

Assassins w/The Assassin vs. Jim Davidson and Gary Williams

Assassins tear apart their opponents with stomps, knee drops and punches. The Assassins hit a double stomach breaker on Williams. Assassin 1 body slams Williams then tags Assassin 2, who comes off the top rope with a flying knee drop to get the pin! The Assassin raises their arms in victory as the crowd boos. They head to the podium.

Assassin: Mark Youngblood, you better watch who your threatening. My Assassins can do whatever they want and nobody will stop them! Now, in Greensboro you're going to end up just like your weak brother...out of commission, courtesy of the Cobra.

Commercial Break

Jimmy Snuka vs. Roger Murphy

Snuka swings Murphy to the ropes and takes him down with a chop. Snuka hits a diving headbutt then goes outside and climbs to the top rope. The fans roar as Snuka flashes the 'I Love You" sign. Snuka dives off and hits the splash for the pin! The fans cheer as Snuka heads to the podium.

David: Great win Jimmy, well it looks like Blackjack Mulligan seems to have a problem with you.

Jimmy: You know brotha, Mulligan attacked me and gave me a beating. I know it was the Stud Stable that was behind this. Brotha, I will take care of all of them.

The fans boo as the Stud Stable and Mulligan walk out.

Fuller: You know boy, you are throwing around some serious accusations. Do you really think a man like Blackjack Mulligan needs any kind of incentive to beat down somebody? Jimmy Golden, what do you think?

Golden: You think we set this up? Well guess what? Who cares! So what if we did? What is a low down barrel licking swine like you gonna do about it?

Mulligan: Nothing! That's what. You want me Snuka, then come on!

Fuller: (laughing) Well boy, looks like you in for quite a beating right now. Any last words?

Snuka: Yes, I've got something for him (points to Mulligan) and I've got something for the two of you.

Snuka hits Mulligan! The crowd cheers as two islanders run out and hammer away on the Stud Stable! Snuka and his friends send the Stud Stable and Mulligan fleeing. Snuka and friends go to the podium.

Snuka: David, let me introduce you to a tag team from Hawaii and friends of mine. This is Tui Selinga and Super Samoan Sakalia, Polynesian Power. David, brotha, these guys are here to make a splash in Mid Atlantic and I think they just did.

Commercial Break

Alex Portman is in the ring awaiting his opponent.

Schiavone: Oh no! Not again! He's not Portman's opponent.

Tiger Jeet Singh charges the ring and beats up Portman with his sword. Singh pounds away and busts Portman open. Singh keeps pounding away until wrestlers from the back come out. Singh starts swinging his sword like a madman, hitting several wrestlers as they try to stop him. Officials come out and warn Singh.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Another brutal attack by Tiger Jeet Singh. I have no idea what his intentions are here in Mid Atlantic but I'm sure he will be dealt with by officials. Alex Portman is being attended to by Medics, as well as several other wrestlers who were injured trying to help. Wow, ok, lets go to the ring.

"The Great One" David Sammartino vs. Lloyd London

David spends an equal amount of time wrestling and arguing with the fans. David hits London with a backbreaker then lifts him up and clamps on a bearhug to get the submission! David yells at the fans as he walks to the podium.

Schiavone: Ok, David, I know you have something to say.

David: Yes I do! Everybody saw Mr. Blunderful cheat his way to a historical upset last week. Well I demanded a rematch and got it! That's right, this weekend in Greensboro, I'm going to finish off Mr. Blunderful once and for all. As a matter of fact, if he was here right now, I would slap his stupid face.

Schiavone: You know he's not here, but he'll be in Greensboro.

David: Oh Tony, I'm so scared. I want to apologize to Harley Race, because after I'm finished with Blunderful, there will be nothing left for Harley.

Schiavone: Oh brother, fans when we come back, Hot Property takes on the Fabulous Blondes.

Commercial Break

Hot Property vs. The Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle

Hot Property starts off with fire as they hip toss and drop kick the Blondes all over the place. The Blondes are reeling on the ropes when Hot Property charges and clotheslines them over the rope! Riddle runs over to help his guys. Riddle is pointing up and yelling at Savoldi and Travis. The Blondes regroup and take control as Crews hits Travis with a knee from behind. Timbs follows with a back suplex. The Blondes double team Travis in the corner as Crews chokes and Timbs hammers away with knees. Savoldi has enough and runs over. Savoldi grabs Timbs from behind and suplexes him back. Crews runs in and gets back dropped. Travis regroups. Hot Property swings Crews to the ropes and hits the Double Hot Shot! Travis covers 1..2..NO! Tom Prichard runs in and attacks Travis! Tom stomps away but the crowd cheers as Terry Taylor runs in and pounds away on Prichard! Prichard rakes the eyes, swings Taylor to the ropes, misses a clothesline and Taylor swings back and hits the flying 5 Arm! Prichard flies out of the ring as Hot Property drop kick the Blondes to the outside. Taylor and Hot Property soak in the cheers as Riddle is trying to help his Agency on the outside.

David: What a match and due to the disqualification, Hot Property will receive a shot at the US tag champions in the near future. Ok fans as we mentioned at the top of the program, Mid Atlantic will present Clash of the Champions: Spring Spectacular, on the weekend of April 19th and 20th. Part 1 will take place at the Baltimore Civic Center on April 19th and Part 2 will take place at the Philadelphia Civic Center on April 20th. One big spectacular, two outstanding cards. Fans, when we come back, the 4 Horsemen in an 8 man tag match.

Commercial Break

US Champ Ric Flair, NWA Tag Champs the Andersons, Tully Blanchard w/JJ Dillon vs. Warren Coolidge, Morris Thorpe, Abner Goldstein, Ricky Gomez

Straight up 4 Horsemen showcase match here. Everybody gets their spots in. Ole hits his scoop hammerlock body slam. Arn hits the spinebuster. Tully hits the slingshot suplex and Flair finishes the match with the figure four leg lock. The 4 Horsemen stand tall in the ring as JJ stands by with a huge arrogant smile. Flair holds up the US title as the Andersons hold up the tag titles. They all head to the podium.

JJ: You know the drill David Crockett, when the Horsemen are in front of the cameras, you take a hike. Tell them boys.

Tully: Austin Idol, you have been nothing but a mediocre fish in small ponds. You're in the big time now boy and in Greensboro I'm going to give you the wrestling lesson of a lifetime. Hey, don't worry, years from now, you'll be sitting in a bar and you can tell everybody how you once wrestled Tully Blanchard.

Arn: Road Warriors, you get one last shot in Greensboro, but the results will be the same. You heading back to Watts land with your heads hanging in shame and the Andersons walking out holding these titles high. You're both delusional if you think the result will be any different.

Ole: Look, I've said everything already. In Greensboro we're going to show those no talented muscle heads what tag team wrestling is all about. These guys can yell and scream and put on scary face paint but none of that will help them when the Wrecking Crew breaks their legs. Then they'll be screaming all right.

Flair: WHOOOO! I've said it before and I'll say it again. You're looking at the most premier dominant wrestling group in the world today! Nobody else even compares. When you're talk'n wrestling, you're talk'n 4 Horsemen! When we hold up these 4 fingers, then you know you all are looking at the true symbol of excellence. WHOO! Diamonds are forever and so are the 4 Horsemen! Now speaking of excellence, your looking at the greatest champion in wrestling today. Ask Magnum TA, ask Raymond Rougeau, ask Kevin Von Erich, they'll all agree. Now, Harley Race, old friend, you and me, WHOOOO, one more time in Greensboro! The 4 Horsemen are going to ride high in Greensboro and then we are going to party alllll night long, WHOOOO, like only the 4 Horsemen can.

They all hold up 4 fingers as the show ends.

I love how you are building up Tiger Jeet Singh. It's hard to think of a better way to use that guy.

Nice to see Hot Property keep climbing the ladder.

As always, you do a very good job of using "enhancement talent" to get your main roster guys' personalities and abilities over.

Nice show here as I think Jimmy Snuka was a great way ti get Polynesian Power introduced to the fan. I saw some of the shows from Hawaii when I was a kid and it is very similar to Southern Style wrestling with a bit of Polynesians vs the World. These two were huge stars and great on the mic. I hope we all give them a chance here.

Really looking forward to the show in Greensboro as it might be one of the biggest this project has seen to date.

Excellent show, you have a knack for playing to people's strengths...this a great build for Singh and establishes him as a dangerous madman for those unfamiliar with him.

I also like what you're doing with Harley Race here, many people wrote Harley off as "over the hill" in this era but in my opinion he was still a solid worker til around '88 where injuries started to catch up with him.

I love the Stud Stable promos you've got them pat, the Horsemen as well.

Greensboro is going to be another can't miss show!

MACW @ The Coliseum in Greensboro NC- 3-29-86

The Assassins w/The Assassin vs. The Kiniski Brothers

The Kiniski's start with some fire and work over the Assassins with speed by Nick and some solid wrestling by Kelly. The Assassins take control when Kelly has Assassin 2 up for an Atomic drop but Assassin 1 runs in and clips Kelly's legs. The Assassins work over Kelly and hit the double stomach breaker. Nick tries to run in but both Assassins take him down with a double clothesline. Assassin 1 body slams Kelly and Assassin 2 connects with a diving knee drop off the top rope for the pin!

Terry Taylor and Hot Property vs. TV champ Tom Prichard and the Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle

The crowd is on their feet as all 6 men start brawling. The Ref shows a lot of leniency as everybody goes at it. Taylor swings Prichard to the ropes and a quick back elbow sends him over the top rope. Hot Property swings the Blondes to the ropes and back body drops send them to the outside. Riddle gets on the apron and the crowd explodes as Taylor and Hot Property drop kick him off, sending him flying into his men. Riddle is laid out as the Blondes and Prichard try to revive him. They say they're done and try to carry Riddle to the back but Taylor and Property run out and throw the Blondes and Prichard back into the ring. After controlling for a few minutes, Savoldi gets a high knee in the back from Timbs. The Blondes double slam Savoldi and Prichard follows with an elbow from the 2nd turnbuckle. Prichard covers but Travis breaks it. Prichard tags in Crews but both Blondes come in and hit Travis, which brings Taylor in. Taylor and Prichard end up fighting in the corner. The Blondes are double teaming Travis. Savoldi gets up on the top rope and hits a sunset flip on Crews, the Ref counts 1..2..3! The crowd roars as Riddle is still disoriented on the outside.

Tony St. Clair vs. Billy Robinson- if Robinson gets Disqualified he will be suspended.

The match starts off with a brutal exchange of European uppercuts. Tony has Billy against the ropes then grabs his head, jumps over the top rope and executes a head snap! Tony gets back into the ring and suplexes Billy, then swings off the ropes and hits a jumping headbutt to the mid section. Tony covers but Billy gets his foot on the ropes. Tony body slams Billy, then gets up on the top rope and attempts an elbow drop but Billy moves as Tony hits the canvas. Billy clears the cob webs. Billy hits a side slam backbreaker then follows with a gut wrench suplex. Billy punishes the mid section then puts Tony in the Abdominal stretch. Tony wont submit so Billy switches gears and works on the arm then puts Tony in a hammerlock bearhug. Billy is wrenching away. Tony wont submit so Billy rams Tony into the turnbuckles. Billy backs up and charges in but St. Clair puts up both heels and kicks Billy back and follows with a running clothesline. Both men are down and trying to regain their senses. Tony gets up and swings Billy but Billy collides with the Ref, knocking him down. Tony is attending to the ref. Billy staggers up and nails Tony from behind with a low blow. The fans boo as Billy goes to the outside and grabs a chair then slides it into the ring. Billy grabs Tony and suplexes him back on the chair. Billy kicks the chair out of the ring and drags the Ref over. Billy covers 1...2...3! The fans are in riot mode as Billy raises his arms in victory.

Mark hits Cobra with a series of chops then swings Cobra to the ropes and hits him with a diving thrust shot. Assassin gets on the apron and Mark hits him with a chop. The crowd is roaring Mark on. Mark swings Cobra into the turnbuckles and follows with a running boot to the head. Mark swings Cobra to the opposite turnbuckles and charges in just as Cobra collapses and rolls out of the way. Cobra regroups and kicks away on Mark in the corner. Cobra snap suplexes Mark back then drops a knee and covers 1..2..Kick out. Cobra works over Mark with several knee drops followed by a body slam. Cobra gets up on the top rope and fly's off with a senton but Mark moves at the last second as Cobra crashes down on the mat. Mark gets his war dance going and drops several chops down on Cobra. Mark swings Cobra to the ropes and back drops him then follows with a body slam by the corner. Mark gets out on the apron, going for his sling shot splash but the Assassins run in and attack him then throw him into the ring. The Ref signals for the DQ as the Assassin tells his men to punish Mark. The Cobra gets up and joins in the assault but the boos turn to a massive cheer as Mil Mascaras runs down the aisle and climbs to the top rope. The Cobra and Assassins stop and look up just as Mascaras leaps off and hits a flying body press on all 3 men! The crowd is going crazy as Mascaras is getting his payback from the Omni attack. The Assassin gets up on the apron but Mascaras nails him with a running forearm smash, sending him flying off the apron. The crowd is standing as Mascaras helps Mark up. Cobra and the Assassins get to their feet and are sent flying out of the ring with dropkicks from Mark and Mascaras.

David spends a lot of time arguing and berating the fans on his way to the ring. He continues this as he walks around the ring. He goes to the ropes and continues yelling at the fans. He's so focused on this, he doesn't realize Orndorff has entered the ring. The Ref signals for the bell and tries to tell David the match has started but David pushes him away and starts yelling at him, then turns back towards the fans and yells at them. Orndorff calmly guides the ref aside then taps on David's shoulder. David turns around and is nailed by several punches. Orndorff swings David to the ropes and blasts him with a high knee. Orndorff picks David up and puts him down with a vertical suplex. Orndorff follows with several forearm drops, then backs up and hits a diving knee drop. Orndorff signals to the crowd as they stand up and cheer. Orndorff picks David up and crashes him down with the Piledriver! Orndorff puts his fingers up as the Ref counts 1..2..3!

Tully Blanchard w/JJ Dillon vs. "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol

Tully and JJ are full of arrogance tonight as JJ fans Tully with a towel. Idol walks over and Tully simply waves him away. They lock up and Tully puts Idol over with an arm drag followed by a quick strut. They lock up again and this time Idol uses his strength and pushes Tully, sending flying back against the turnbuckles. Tully is livid as Idol gives him a right arm bicep pose. The match goes back and forth. Idol swings Tully to the ropes and hits an elbow smash then follows with a knee drop and cover. JJ gets up on the apron and Idol stands up and walks towards him. They exchange words as Tully hits Idol from behind with a knee. Tully body slams Idol then follows with multiple elbow drops and cover 1..2..Idol kicks out. Tully stomps away on Idol then chokes him on the ropes. The Ref guides Tully off him, JJ gets his hands in there and chokes Idol. Tully gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a knee drop and covers but Idol kicks out. Tully continues to work Idol over and JJ is getting his cheap shots in. Tully swings Idol to the ropes and bends over for a back drop but Idol stops, grabs Tully's head, jumps up and slams it down on the canvas. Idol regroups, Tully staggers up and Idol hits him with a punch(Tully staggers) pauses and hits him with another punch (Tully staggers) pauses and sends him down with the third punch. JJ gets up on the apron, Idol runs over and grabs him by his shirt and raises his fist as the crowd cheers. The Ref is trying to regain order. Tully wobbles up then charges towards Idol, Idol moves, Tully knocks JJ off the apron with a flying knee. Idol turns Tully around, kicks him in the mid section then hoists Tully up and executes a sling shot suplex! The crowd roars as the Ref counts 1..2..3!! Idol jumps up and the Ref raises his arm as the fans jump out of their seats and cheer Austin Idol.

NWA World Tag Team Title Bout

The Andersons © w/JJ Dillon vs. UWF tag champs The Road Warriors w/Paul Ellering

JJ is obviously still reeling from the last match because he's not out with the Andersons. The crowd explodes as the Road Warriors charge the ring and pound on the Andersons. They grab them and hurl them over the top rope. Ellering is nodding with approval on the outside. The Warriors control the early segment with power moves. At one point they swing both Andersons to the ropes and Gorilla Press/Slam them down. After getting a vicious beating for quite sometime, the Andersons finally take control as they take Animal out at the knee. Ole stomps away on Animal's knee then backs up and drops a knee. Now that he's satisfied Animal cant stand, he starts on the arm and hits his hammerlock scoop slam. Ole gets up on the 2nd rope and hits a diving knee drop to Animals shoulder then tags in Arn. Arn drops several knees then hammers away with double axe handles. Arn picks up Animal and takes him over with a belly to back suplex. Arn runs over and slaps Hawk. Hawk runs in and hits Arn but as the Ref is guiding Hawk back, the Andersons double team and stomp away on Animal. Arn swings Animal to the ropes and hits the Spinebuster! The Ref counts 1..2..NO! Hawk hits Arn with a fist drop to break the count. Arn tags in Ole, they swing Animal to the ropes and miss a double clothesline attempt, Animal swings back and knocks both of them down with a flying clothesline! The crowd roars as Animal tags in Hawk! Hawk pounds away on both Andersons. He slams Ole then sends Arn over the top rope with a clothesline. The fans boo as JJ Dillon makes his way out and attends to Arn. Hawk slams Ole's head into the turnbuckle and tags in Animal. Animal body slams Ole and follows with a standing leg drop. Animal tags in Hawk. Hawk goes to the top rope as Animal hoists Ole up on his shoulders. Hawk comes flying off the top with a clothesline that puts Ole down! JJ attempts to get on the apron but Ellering runs over and pushes him down. Arn runs in but Animal blasts him with a running forearm shot. Hawk covers Ole 1..2..3!!!!!! NEW NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!!! The crowd blows the roof off the place as Ellering runs in and hands the Road Warriors the NWA titles. The Road Warriors hold them up high as the crowd cheers. After celebrating, Ellering escorts the Warriors out. JJ is angry and in shock. Ole rolls over and sits against the turnbuckles. Arn quietly leaves. JJ goes into the ring and is looking around at the cheering crowd. JJ gets a look of anger and walks towards Ole. JJ looks down and starts berating Ole. He's going on and on, arms flailing and jumping up and down. Ole finally stands and is still woozy. JJ continues to yell at him. Ole is ready to leave the ring when JJ grabs him and swings him around. JJ continues his verbal assault. The crowd roars as Ole grabs JJ by his shirt. Now JJ is pleading with Ole. Ole cocks back and knocks JJ out with a right fist! JJ is laid out in the ring as the crowd goes berserk! Ole calmly walks through the ropes and down the aisle.

United States Title Bout

Ric Flair © w/JJ Dillon vs. Mid Atlantic Champ Harley Race

There was a few minute intermission as trainers had to help JJ out of there. Once again JJ is not with his Horsemen for the match. All it took was a classic stare down between Flair and Race for the crowd to became rejuvenated. What a moment, all the history between these two, here in Greensboro was enough to get these fans going. These two wrestled like it was 1983 all over again. Each man shined in their moments. Race brought out all his suplexes as he hit Flair with a belly to back, gut wrench and vertical. Flair countered with a delayed vertical suplex, gut wrench and double arm suplex. Flair hit his chops in the corner and Race came back with his head butts. Race's big moment came when he took control with a swinging neckbreaker. Race hit a diving knee drop to follow but Flair got a foot on the rope at the count of 2. Race hit a Pendulum back breaker and followed with a scoop slam. Race climbed to the 2nd turnbuckle and dove down for a headbutt but Flair moved. Flair regained control with a running jumping knee drop. Flair snap mares Race over and follows with a knee to the back. Then Flair started working the leg. After punishing Race's leg, Flair picked Race up and dropped him with the Shin Breaker then wrapped him up in the figure four! Flair applies the pressure but Race wont submit. Finally Race is able to roll over and break the hold. They both stagger up and Race grabs Flair and headbutts him then swings him hard into the turnbuckles, sending Flair up and over. Flair is on the apron. Race limps around then walks over, grabs Flair and suplexes him back into the ring. Race drops a knee then limps around and regroups. Race drops another knee on the head then picks Flair up for the piledriver but Flair is able to back drop Race. Both men once again stagger up, Flair pushes Race in the corner and slaps him across the chest multiple times. Race reverses Flair into the turnbuckles and hammers away on him. Race swings Flair into the opposite turnbuckles and charges in but Flair moves as Race's knee nails the turnbuckle. Flair clips Race's leg from behind. Flair pulls Race from the turnbuckles and once again wraps him in the figure four! The Ref is asking Race but the bell rings! The ref gets up and checks with the timekeeper. The time limit has expired. The match ends in a DRAW. The crowd is cheering these guys on. What a performance. The Ref hands Flair the US title belt. Flair waits a moment. Race grabs the ropes and staggers up. Flair looks at Race then offers his hand. Race stares at Flair then shakes his hand as the crowd cheers. Harley leaves the ring with his Mid Atlantic title. Flair takes a moment and looks around at the Greensboro crowd. Flair then holds up his title and blows a kiss to the crowd and exits the ring.