Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Live Event: Lazy Lesnar demolishes Kane in 35 seconds (with video)

C.S.

Yeah but look at the ratings when Rollins was on top. He chased like a third of the audience away and it hasn't gotten better. Roman hasn't really moved the needle in any sort of positive way and I think parts of his run have hurt ratings. Like I said, he isn't a proven failure like Rollins but then no one has failed as big as Rollins did.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The backlash against Lesnar has become overheated. I understand the frustration with his role, and I don't think they needed to give him another long title run. But most of the stuff he did last year--Goldberg blow off, Joe feud, Summerslam main event, A.J. match--came off well. The Braun match was probably the big exception. Is Lesnar stale compared to 5-6 years ago? Absolutely. But he's far from a disaster in these big-event programs.

And I'm excited for the Reigns match. Their previous match is on the short list of best main events in Wrestlemania history. They never resolved it. Reigns's promo set up renewed heat between them.

I liked the fan made shirt Orton quoted.

Eat, sleep, go back to UFC when you want more money, REPEAT!

Raw's ratings increased in absolute numbers two years in a row after Cena joined Raw and live attendance average went up 50% by 2007 from the 2002-05 era. Roman Reigns hasn't had a huge positive impact on business like Cena did, or even any noticeable positive effect at all. He's been solidly "good enough".