Pro Wrestling Only

All Star Wrestling on the Network

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cappetta was an easy target because of his nerdy demeanor. Back in the early 90s me and my friends used to razz the announcer for our local promotion mostly because he was nerdy, which of course is hilarious because we were the dorks going to wrestling shows when it was pretty uncool

I'm all in on making the each month's drops like this into it's own thread.

So I'm assuming this has the whole Bruno/Larry feud?

I'm not sure how much of it is on this footage. The turn angle happened on Championship Wrestling, although they may have replayed it on All Star. Not sure how many of the awesome promos are here either. All the big matches happened at MSG, Spectrum and Shea of course

I know that the WWWF at the time was about all appealing to all the different ethnic groups in the east coast but man Rocca is so Italian you barely understand him on commentary. I do love the reactions he gives when the matches are announced like he just found out that moment :lol:

I'm all in on making the each month's drops like this into it's own thread.

So I'm assuming this has the whole Bruno/Larry feud?

I'm not sure how much of it is on this footage. The turn angle happened on Championship Wrestling, although they may have replayed it on All Star. Not sure how many of the awesome promos are here either. All the big matches happened at MSG, Spectrum and Shea of course

So were Championship Wrestling and ASW different shows then?

August 11 1979 - Piper and Jose Estrada put on a really good match. I need to see more Estrada, he looked good here. The tape tracking throughout was pretty annoying but it's still watchable.

Nov 17 1979 - Tito Santana & Ivan Putski vs. Jose Estrada & Pete Doherty

Damn, this was great, fast paced, great action, they fitted a lot in 8 minutes. Recommended.

Rocca is just amazing on commentary, everytime Vince throws to him I pop.

The McGraw/Von Erich vs. Cerdan/Parisi match on the 75 show is so fun with Albano and Blassie bumping around and Andre as the backup for the Faces rules.

That Ernie Ladd handicap match on the 1st 76 show is amazing for the irish whip spot and the look of disgust Ernie shows before deciding to do it again.

Rocca is just amazing on commentary, everytime Vince throws to him I pop.

The McGraw/Von Erich vs. Cerdan/Parisi match on the 75 show is so fun with Albano and Blassie bumping around and Andre as the backup for the Faces rules.

That Ernie Ladd handicap match on the 1st 76 show is amazing for the irish whip spot and the look of disgust Ernie shows before deciding to do it again.

Yeah, loved that main event tag from the lone 75 show.

I watched three episodes yesterday, and I forgot how good some of the matches on the TV could be. Since they had less time to work with, most of the non-squash matches are often worked at a much faster pace than a lot of long, plodding undercard matches from MSG and the Spectrum from the same time featuring the same talent. Even a bout between two guys lost to time like Frank Monte and Francisco Flores from the same 75 show is worthwhile. Rodz vs SD Jones from 11/4/78 is also good

August 11 1979 - Piper and Jose Estrada put on a really good match. I need to see more Estrada, he looked good here. The tape tracking throughout was pretty annoying but it's still watchable.

From reading the show descriptions I think there's a Dibiase/Estrada match on one of the shows that should be good. Santana/Estrada too.

I'm currently networkless but it's very weird to me how much more into this than the Mid-Atlantic stuff you guys are.

I was initially excited for Mid Atlantic but once you see the small studio with 50 people and most of the matches are just squashes it's just not exciting enough.

I'm actually surprised myself how much I'm enjoying the All Star shows, it just has a much better atmosphere with the larger crowd and the match ups seen to be more equal than Mid Atlantic. Also it's 70s TV which is very rare for any promotion.

I'm currently networkless but it's very weird to me how much more into this than the Mid-Atlantic stuff you guys are.

I've watched the first 5 months of 1983 Mid-Atlantic and it just hasn't been anything special. The matches feel like everyone is still half asleep for the morning shoot. I just keep wishing I wss watching Memphis or Alabama. This at least had very low expectations so it's more about pleasant surprises. And there's actually been more good matches than Mid-Atlantic, I can feel Bruce Mitchell cursing me somewhere for saying that.