Pro Wrestling Only

Greatest Royal Rumble?

Flyin' Brian

Y'know, having 2018 Undertaker vs 2018 Chris Jericho might win the Wrestling Observer Newsletter's Award for Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic. Imagine being in the live crowd for a match like that?

Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic is running this show in the first place

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have a masked women's wrestler in disguise win. Then have her unmask DDP/La Parka style.

Haha, you read my mind.

Ill watch this. Ill probably enjoy the show. I dont really care about it, though. And the no women thing really pisses me off. I mean, I get it that a Wrestling promoter is not going to turn down an opportunity to make money and spread his company around the world. That is something any wrestling promoter alive or dead would do. But personally, the Women thing turns me off to this show, and it sticks out like a sore thumb amongst what has been actual progression and success with how they present Womens wrestling.

And they really arent pushing the Saudi show that hard on the TV at this point. That might be part of the reason for that.

An all Women special show needs to happen. At least.

An idea I heard and loved, which it's too late to put together now, would be while the same weekend they are holding this show to have an all-womens show stateside, just really celebrate that part of the roster and put it on the network too.

That or Backlash should had been women only.

With Ronda on the roster, I think its a real possibility.

In the past, I could see there being some hesitation about filling an 8,000+ venue, but now, in a big marketplace with the right card (I'm thinking Asuka vs. Rousey, Charlotte vs. Becky, Nia vs. Bliss, Sasha vs. Bayley, IIConics vs. Naomi & Nikki just to spitball), those tickets will sell just fine.

Well forget rusev vs taker being a fun sprint because it is apparently taker Vs Jericho now.

https://www.wwe.com/amp/shows/greatest-royal-rumble/2018/undertaker-chris-jericho

Edit: well timed winged eagle

I don't think Taker has ever beaten Jericho in a one on one match.

As far as I can remember when Jericho teamed with Show must have been a smackdown when Y2J and Taker had their first ever singles match.

A women's only show sounds like a great idea especially as a counterpart to this. I seem to remember TNA's Knockout specials doing pretty well. As stated above, too late to do it right now but hopefully down the line.

I'm sure it will be a good show but the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth with the circumstances and after pushing the Women's divisions so much recently. This just feels like a step back and throwing that progress aside for a payday.

Women's devolution aside, how can the same company that preaches Americana and puts on Tribute to the Troops head to Saudi Arabia? Doesn't Vince know they financed 9/11 and then covered up the report that proves it?

Jesse Ventura told me all about it.

In all seriousness, they're in the business of making money. Look at the upside that they can afford to do things like run a women's only show with some of the profits, I guess? I don't know.

The idea that WWE will do something progressive with all this Saudi money seems hopelessly naive. I hope to be proven wrong, but history doesn't seem to suggest that is likely.

Don't worry, it will all go toward the 2020 Presidential campaign.

The idea that WWE will do something progressive with all this Saudi money seems hopelessly naive. I hope to be proven wrong, but history doesn't seem to suggest that is likely.

Don't worry, it will all go toward the 2020 Presidential campaign.

I know Kid Rock wants to run for Senate but if we're putting money behind a WWE HOF'er, then let's get Mark Henry in the White House.

Even if they did sek, we both know it really wouldn't mean anything.

I am not one of those people who whinges about Linda working for the Trump administration, or the fact that Vince and family are friends of Trump and most likely voted for and support him. I don't much care, to be honest. I'm too old and too jaded. It's a free country and they can donate money to and support whoever they want, it doesn't really bother me at the end of the day.

Having said that, I firmly believe that the only time WWE would ever do anything "progressive" is if they thought it would make them look good. Vince is pretty much the ultimate capitalist, and I think he's proven that all he really cares about in the end is putting money in his own pocket. (So he can turn it around and lose it on bodybuilding federations, and nutritional supplements, and record labels, and movie studios and football leagues and...)

To me, (and I say this having worked as a charitable fundraiser) any gesture he made would be totally hollow. Which is why a $100 donation from a blue collar person always meant 100 times more to me that a $10,000 donation from most corporations. (Not all, but most.) All Vince cares about is making money for Vince. If he gave a shit about other people, the term "independent contractor" wouldn't exist. He'd have employees with medical benefits and pension plans.

So yeah, even if he does do something with the money, to me it wouldn't mean a damn thing. I guess in one sense, you could apply the old "the money doesn't know where it came from" argument and say that if they did make some form of donation and it did do some good, that would be okay. But for me when it comes to that kind of thing, it's the thought that counts too.

I honestly think that the only political thing Vince cares about is which party lowers taxes on rich people. And thats why its the Republicans. If he is as out of touch with everything in the real world as we have heard, and obsessed with nothing but WWE and now the XFL, why jump to the idea he actually has any idea whats going on? 😀

Vince paid for two failed campaigns for Linda and got her a cabinet appointment because he owed it to her for a lifetime of bullshit. And Orange 45 was the mark he worked.

And given that Linda is actually a smart, shrewd business woman, is that why shes like the only appointment that hasnt had to quit? Is it possible shes actually good at her job in DC? 😀

And given that Linda is actually a smart, shrewd business woman, is that why shes like the only appointment that hasnt had to quit? Is it possible shes actually good at her job in DC?

I've wondered about this too.

Either she's actually good at her job OR her job is of such low importance and influence that it doesn't matter either way.

And given that Linda is actually a smart, shrewd business woman, is that why shes like the only appointment that hasnt had to quit? Is it possible shes actually good at her job in DC?

I've wondered about this too.

Either she's actually good at her job OR her job is of such low importance and influence that it doesn't matter either way.

As low level as it is, I kinda think it is her being good at her job. I have no idea if that is the case, but it isnt out of the realm of possibility. And I want it to be true because it is hilarious, and at this rate she might end up the last one standing. 😀