Pro Wrestling Only

Greatest Royal Rumble?

Flyin' Brian

And given that Linda is actually a smart, shrewd business woman, is that why shes like the only appointment that hasnt had to quit? Is it possible shes actually good at her job in DC?

I've wondered about this too.

Either she's actually good at her job OR her job is of such low importance and influence that it doesn't matter either way.

As low level as it is, I kinda think it is her being good at her job. I have no idea if that is the case, but it isnt out of the realm of possibility. And I want it to be true because it is hilarious, and at this rate she might end up the last one standing. 😀

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Women's devolution aside, how can the same company that preaches Americana and puts on Tribute to the Troops head to Saudi Arabia? Doesn't Vince know they financed 9/11 and then covered up the report that proves it?

Jesse Ventura told me all about it.

In all seriousness, they're in the business of making money. Look at the upside that they can afford to do things like run a women's only show with some of the profits, I guess? I don't know.

It's all about the money. Toby Keith did 'Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue' after 9-11 then went and performed a concert over there last year. Nothing else matters if the payday is big enough. Just make the prize a big pot of Saudi money and leave it at that.

And given that Linda is actually a smart, shrewd business woman, is that why shes like the only appointment that hasnt had to quit? Is it possible shes actually good at her job in DC?

Either she's actually good at her job OR her job is of such low importance and influence that it doesn't matter either way.

As low level as it is, I kinda think it is her being good at her job. I have no idea if that is the case, but it isnt out of the realm of possibility. And I want it to be true because it is hilarious, and at this rate she might end up the last one standing.

She has had decades practice at playing the straight person for megalomaniac.

As low level as it is, I kinda think it is her being good at her job. I have no idea if that is the case, but it isnt out of the realm of possibility. And I want it to be true because it is hilarious, and at this rate she might end up the last one standing.

She has had decades practice at playing the straight person for megalomaniac.

She's most likely the only person in DC not bothered by all the shenanigans going on. I can just imagine her shrugging and going "eh, I've dealt with worse".

Money's going to rule all of course, but it's funny how most companies now pay attention to things like optics if for no other reason just for PR puroposes. The whole idea of running this show in this location after all the years of riding the Steph Express Female Empowerment Train makes them look so clueless.

Also, it's not a good look for Prince MBS either. He's making it rain like Floyd Maywether at the club trying to change the perception of his country to the world, yet running a giant stadium show with no women allowed in the crowd or on the show is just going to cement everyone's ideas further. I guess the idea of just having a WWE show there is supposed to be the first baby steps to opening things up, but it's not coming off that way to most.

You summed it up right there.

This and the North Korea show in 95 have to be the most politically dubious pro-wrestling shows ever.

Inoki running a show in Iraq in December 1990 has to be up there as well. If I remember correctly, the thing was built around some hostage release or whatever, but still.

Allowed to drive and stuff (starting in June). Equal rights are far, far, far on the horizon...

That makes me wonder if there was some sort of pushback to the Alexa vs Sasha match and the chants within?

Wait, what ?

I think this is what he is referring to. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5092137/wwe-divas-sasha-banks-alexa-bliss/amp/

Allowed to drive and stuff (starting in June). Equal rights are far, far, far on the horizon...

That makes me wonder if there was some sort of pushback to the Alexa vs Sasha match and the chants within?

Wait, what ?

I think this is what he is referring to. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5092137/wwe-divas-sasha-banks-alexa-bliss/amp/

Oh wait, that was UAE. My bad there.

Not sure if it was a puff piece but there was a segment on 60 minutes about a month ago that talked up recent progression there for equal rights. Women getting to do different things lately that they weren't allowed to before.

It was exactly a puff piece. The establishment media in the US is in love with MBS - NYT op ed page, CBS, etc.

Not sure if it was a puff piece but there was a segment on 60 minutes about a month ago that talked up recent progression there for equal rights. Women getting to do different things lately that they weren't allowed to before.

It was exactly a puff piece. The establishment media in the US is in love with MBS - NYT op ed page, CBS, etc.

Like most stories this one isn't easily simplified to black or white if approached from a broader perspective. I think this article provides a more balanced profile than the stories that have been popping up as part of a recent PR push, but depending upon one's perspective there may only be so much appetite for nuance.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/04/09/a-saudi-princes-quest-to-remake-the-middle-east