Photo

Greatest Royal Rumble?

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#121 Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian
  • Members
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, Sports, Games, Comics, Reading, Television, Movies, Sci-fi, Fantasy.

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:11 PM

Allowed to drive and stuff (starting in June). Equal rights are far, far, far on the horizon...

That makes me wonder if there was some sort of pushback to the Alexa vs Sasha match and the chants within?

Wait, what ?

I think this is what he is referring to. https://www.google.c...lexa-bliss/amp/

#122 SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers
  • Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:51 PM

In a month or so, the first international movie to be shown there in a few decades will be Black Panther.

Love to be a fly on the wall for THAT screening!

#123 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10906 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:00 PM

Allowed to drive and stuff (starting in June). Equal rights are far, far, far on the horizon...

That makes me wonder if there was some sort of pushback to the Alexa vs Sasha match and the chants within?

Wait, what ?

I think this is what he is referring to. https://www.google.c...lexa-bliss/amp/

Oh wait, that was UAE. My bad there. 

#124 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1665 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:36 PM

Not sure if it was a puff piece but there was a segment on 60 minutes about a month ago that talked up recent progression there for equal rights. Women getting to do different things lately that they weren't allowed to before.

It was exactly a puff piece.  The establishment media in the US is in love with MBS - NYT op ed page, CBS, etc.

#125 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5507 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

Not sure if it was a puff piece but there was a segment on 60 minutes about a month ago that talked up recent progression there for equal rights. Women getting to do different things lately that they weren't allowed to before.

It was exactly a puff piece.  The establishment media in the US is in love with MBS - NYT op ed page, CBS, etc.

Like most stories this one isn't easily simplified to black or white if approached from a broader perspective.  I think this article provides a more balanced profile than the stories that have been popping up as part of a recent PR push, but depending upon one's perspective there may only be so much appetite for nuance.

https://www.newyorke...the-middle-east

#126 ZThomas

ZThomas
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:15 PM

Women's devolution aside, how can the same company that preaches Americana and puts on Tribute to the Troops head to Saudi Arabia? Doesn't Vince know they financed 9/11 and then covered up the report that proves it?

Jesse Ventura told me all about it.

In all seriousness, they're in the business of making money. Look at the upside that they can afford to do things like run a women's only show with some of the profits, I guess? I don't know.

We all know the 2 Party system is a bigger work than Wrestling so, I dont mind them getting money.

#127 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4682 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:25 PM

And to that point, I dont get mad about wrestling promoters working money marks on any level. Shit,Vince worked Orange 45 into getting his wife off his back. Be it this or a local Indy anywhere paid for by the shitty announcer,
it is what it is. But again, does anyone care about this show? So far the promotion for it on TV is kind of muted.

#128 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1467 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:27 AM

Does it count as "working" if you give someone six million dollars? 

#129 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9725 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:35 AM

So far the promotion for it on TV is kind of muted.

You wonder why...

Which makes it even more hilarious if Roman gets the belt there.

#130 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4682 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:21 AM

Does it count as "working" if you give someone six million dollars? 

It is when youre rich. 😀

#131 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:25 PM

Rusev vs. Taker is back on.

After much thought, I have notified @WWE officials that I have changed my mind. @RusevBUL will celebrate #RusevDay by burying The Undertaker in the sands of Saudi Arabi and will win the Casket Match at #WWEGRR ! #RusevCrush ! Have a Happy Rusev Day !
— CJ (Lana) Perry (@LanaWWE) April 16, 2018

#132 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9725 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:26 PM

They watched the interview. They'll squash him in a minute. Quote me on that.

#133 Mrzfn

Mrzfn
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

Surely they were going to do that anyway?

#134 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 1062 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:49 PM

They really are enjoying fucking with fans these days with all this backstage bs

#135 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1430 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:27 PM

The Saudi Prince wants to give his people a real Rusev Day, fuck Vince's plans :lol:

They watched the interview. They'll squash him in a minute. Quote me on that.

Rusev gonna make it the GOAT 5 minute squash.

#136 Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian
  • Members
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, Sports, Games, Comics, Reading, Television, Movies, Sci-fi, Fantasy.

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:33 PM

So far the promotion for it on TV is kind of muted.

You wonder why...

Which makes it even more hilarious if Roman gets the belt there.

I was wondering about that too, if Roman wins it's going to be majorly downplayed.

I'm surprised Goldust is allowed to be in it.

At this point it doesn't look like WWE knows what the winner is going to get either.

#137 Dylan Waco

Dylan Waco
  • Moderators
  • 10216 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:10 AM

Per usual Reigns is in a no win situation. If he wins it will be the biggest consolation prize imaginable. If he loses hes been fully chumped again. The belt badly needs to come off of Brock, but Roman needs to be off tv. What a shit show

#138 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10906 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:12 AM

In another situation they could use Joe to cost him the match, thus heating up Backlash and moving things forward while at least protecting Reigns a little bit, but the cage stip makes that pretty much impossible (or at least implausible and overcomplicated). 

#139 Rah

Rah
  • Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:15 AM

I think the problem may go a bit deeper  than just Reigns winning. If Miz wins (they need a Smackdown guy to take the title and Bryan/Miz seems a lock), and drops the IC title to Bryan at a later PPV, does that help or hinder Reigns' chances main eventing that show? Will fans be happy with Bryan winning a title, again, or will they feel hard-done with Bryan not being the guy? Single-branded PPVs would likely negate that scenario but that's a fall-back long gone.

#140 Migs

Migs
  • Members
  • 1278 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:29 AM

I think the problem may go a bit deeper  than just Reigns winning. If Miz wins (they need a Smackdown guy to take the title and Bryan/Miz seems a lock), and drops the IC title to Bryan at a later PPV, does that help or hinder Reigns' chances main eventing that show? Will fans be happy with Bryan winning a title, again, or will they feel hard-done with Bryan not being the guy? Single-branded PPVs would likely negate that scenario but that's a fall-back long gone.

They don't necessarily need Miz to take the title - they could flip Jeff Hardy over to Smackdown with the US title tonight. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users