Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-07-24-Dragon Gate] Shingo Takagi vs YAMATO

SPS

So this was another pick sent to me for The Secret Santo Match trade from Laz. It's Dragon Gate which I've never really watched outside their exploits when coming to ROH back in the day mostly.

So it begins and we have Shingo(who hasn;t changed at all in the 10 years since i last saw him) and YAMATO.

This match was a fantastic big match feel struggle with Shingo being a bit of a bastard to go along with his tank like arsenal. YAMATO was a really slick ground tactician and had a great touch of aerial ability to compliment his all around style.

Everytime YAMATO overcame Shingo's cheating and bull power tactics along dealing with Shingo's cohorts outside the ring with his earlier on ground based assault or from the middle to latter parts how aerial attack comebacks, he shone and the people were really behind him.

He worked very hard to secure his cross armbreaker but in the end it wasn't the difference maker but rather his driver that did the trick which to finally hit and secure the 3, YAMATO had to survive quite a few of drivers himself at the hands of Shingo along with a plethora of suplexes and power shots and lariats.

Overall this was a very good match and the crowd was into these 2 and they delivered. I knew nothing of YAMATO and little of Dragon Gate and Shingo aside from what i said before from seeing them in ROH over a decade ago now. This was a great treat to watch and a perfect example of why this is fun to participate in as with so much wrestling to see it's always gonna have stuff like this slip through the cracks for folks like me who are just trying to keep up with it all.

I give this match ****1/2 and would highly recommend it to anyone as the story told in the ring is done so well that someone like me who knew little to nothing about these 2 was thoroughly impressed and entertained by such a match.

• GSR changed the title to [2016-07-24-Dragon Gate] Shingo Takagi vs YAMATO