Pro Wrestling Only

Daniel Bryan has been medically cleared to return to the ring...

Edwin

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's talked so much about watching tape and changing his style. I'll be curious to see if he really does that or not. What he was suggesting are things that would be more along the lines of what I like anyway.

I remember him talking about changing his style so he would not be endangering his health as much when he was off in 2014-15. But in his return he was doing repeated headbutts with Dolph ziggler both at mania in the ladder match and then on smackdown after.

I would love to have him back as a full time or maybe not even that but I am always going to have some part of me that is apprehensive about watching him.

I'm shocked so many people online legit think his health was the main reason for WWE not to clear him before. I mean, of course it was a part of it but I don't think it was the main one, I don't think they care much about that regarding any talent to be honest.

Considering how many times Bryan went to different doctors - most of them recommended by WWE - and got cleared by them and NOT WWE. And how the company has let other talent with brain issues wrestle and take bumps, it was always pretty clear to me the biggest issues were about the bad PR they could get if he got another concussion or a more serious injury and the concussion lawsuit.

Now they were faced with the chance of him leaving and making buzz elsewhere in a time were the indys and overseas are getting more buzz than ever in the US. So once he got cleared AGAIN by different docs, they let him return.

I hope he stay true to his word and changes his style, I miss him too damn much to lose him again because he couldn't control himself.

I don't think anyone was thinking his health was the legit reason, it's no accident this finally happened after years of a hard no after he pretty much stated he would leave when his contract ends to work indies if they didn't clear him. I personally was shocked they cleared him because the company is extremely risk adverse when it comes to anything involving concussion issues. I wouldn't be suprised if as a condition to clearing him they had him agree to not take part any future lawsuits.

Yeah, Bobby Roode, Kevin Owens, Baron Corbin, Bray Wyatt, Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton, Gallows & Anderson and plenty more of that boring, mediocre ilk. Not *that* stacked, really. Yeah, you've got 40 year old AJ Styles still one of the best worker in the world, Braun Strowman is really cool, the New Day & Usos being a blast, Sheamus & Cesaro being really fun, so is Rusev but he's not really featured...Nak is not half of what he was in New Japan. Roman Reigns & Brock Lesnar being really boring, unengaging main eventers (don't even argue, I've watched all the supposed "great" Roman stuff in the last few years and I don't see it at all, he bores me to death 95% of the time). There's a reason why I'm more interested in the women on that roster. It's not even a scratch on what the roster was in the early 00's both in term of quality workers and star power...

Incredible news!!

Man I don't know if they do it but they could stretch out Bryan v Miz till next year's mania. It would be huge.

Hopefully he's on SD as it desparetely needs the star power. Plus keeps him away from the Authority. Unless they want to go back there.

No reason he shouldn't have programs with the newer stars they've been building the last while. Nak, AJ, Balor, and a whole bunch of others

Yeah, Bobby Roode, Kevin Owens, Baron Corbin, Bray Wyatt, Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton, Gallows & Anderson and plenty more of that boring, mediocre ilk. Not *that* stacked, really. Yeah, you've got 40 year old AJ Styles still one of the best worker in the world, Braun Strowman is really cool, the New Day & Usos being a blast, Sheamus & Cesaro being really fun, so is Rusev but he's not really featured...Nak is not half of what he was in New Japan. Roman Reigns & Brock Lesnar being really boring, unengaging main eventers (don't even argue, I've watched all the supposed "great" Roman stuff in the last few years and I don't see it at all, he bores me to death 95% of the time). There's a reason why I'm more interested in the women on that roster. It's not even a scratch on what the roster was in the early 00's both in term of quality workers and star power...

The current roster is as strong as its been in 10 years or more in terms of actual talent.

Incredible news!!

Man I don't know if they do it but they could stretch out Bryan v Miz till next year's mania. It would be huge.

Hopefully he's on SD as it desparetely needs the star power. Plus keeps him away from the Authority. Unless they want to go back there.

No reason he shouldn't have programs with the newer stars they've been building the last while. Nak, AJ, Balor, and a whole bunch of others

I'm thinking that they won't try to wait too long for Bryan vs Miz. I could easily see this as a feature match at Summerslam this year if everything goes well.

The current roster is as strong as its been in 10 years or more in terms of actual talent.

I would agree with that. (and it would be a sort of backhanded compliment too, actually)

The cynic in me thinks it's just to get him to sign a new contract, stop's him from then going to the indies or NJPW.

Then once he's under contract for 3/5 years, they can then pull him from wrestling again and stop him from going else where.

What would be the point of that if he wrestles and is doing perfectly fine?

I feel like he shouldn't wrestle more than 25 matches a year tops anyway.

I don't see any conceivable circumstance where Daniel Bryan would decimate Brock Lensar in a comapny where Vince has final say. Even if it's a deal where Brock's on the way out I don't see them doing anything but the usual "big guy dominates and gets cocky/slips on a banana peel and the little guy sneaks a pin" deal.

I don't see any conceivable circumstance where Daniel Bryan would decimate Brock Lensar in a comapny where Vince has final say. Even if it's a deal where Brock's on the way out I don't see them doing anything but the usual "big guy dominates and gets cocky/slips on a banana peel and the little guy sneaks a pin" deal.

Vince would be correct there

God I hope we get an Angle/Bryan match just to have one even if it won't be what it could've been way back when.

Shoot, that's an obvious Mania 35 match isn't it? If Angle holds up that long?

Yep, Angle tweeted about Bryan being cleared with a #WM35 hashtag at the end. Definitely hope to see it

God I hope we get an Angle/Bryan match just to have one even if it won't be what it could've been way back when.

Shoot, that's an obvious Mania 35 match isn't it? If Angle holds up that long?

Yep, Angle tweeted about Bryan being cleared with a #WM35 hashtag at the end. Definitely hope to see it

I can see both men doing incredibly stupid things in that match. Bryan vs Miz is the money match anyway