Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-03-09-NJPW-New Japan Cup 2018] Michael Elgin vs Tomohiro Ishii

ShittyLittleBoots

• 2 weeks later...

Have to side with Edwin on this match. They're throwing big moves all over the place for ages yet it doesn't feel like it's actually going anywhere. I don't know what either guy's strategy to win is supposed to be. Ishii's emotive selling saves the match from being outright bad though.

**1/4

This is a battle between one of the guys I enjoy watching the most in New Japan against one of the guys I like watching the least. I like Ishii quite a bit, but the thought of him going close to half hour with Elgin isn't something I'm looking forward to.

With that said, this was not good. These two just spent the majority of the time trading big moved and Elgin's ridiculous top rope splash mountain was horrible. And the length of this was ridiculous which this seems like a common trend for most 2018 New Japan matches.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-03-09-NJPW-New Japan Cup 2018] Michael Elgin vs Tomohiro Ishii