Pro Wrestling Only

WDKW100 2017 RESULTS

concrete1992

Frankly, I probably should do a blog post on my post-WDKW100 thoughts or at least do a podcast on it. Probably will do something, this isn't going to be too in-depth (at all in-depth) but here were my thoughts coming out of it:

• Not sure how I didn't see it coming but between making the voting public (not new) and adding in a 50 wrestler ballot (new) the FRINGE WWE guys got a boost that they likely wouldn't have in a smaller pool. But at the same time with a lot of other territories having less years and WWE having the most STUFF to watch maybe it wouldn't have mattered all that much?
  • This year didn't have as many WILD CARD picks move up the board higher than you expect. NJPW, indies, and WWE had representation in the top 10 which I am very happy with.
  • Favorite placement was Oney making it as high as he did essentially off doing bad ass sprints. Man of the people.
  • The people I was afraid would feel like their opinions didn't carry weight in the project actually didn't seem to mind the results that much. That was my biggest fear as the results were becoming clearer and it doesn't seem like it will be an actual problem coming in next year
  • Not surprised but a little bummed at AJ Styles rising to the top based on being someone that everyone knows is great but very few thought had the best year.
  • No idea what tweaks to make next year, probably will be small things. Based on the random tests I did on the back-end one change won't likely make the difference but too many changes would probably ruin the whole thing.

Well said. The number of ballots certainly meant more votes were going to go to WWE and NJPW folks, but there were only four-five picks who I really strongly disagreed on in regards to placement (Brock, Suzuki, Joe, Seth). And even then all four made my ballot in some capacity. And even if some niche wrestlers who I thought had tremendous years fell lower than I would have hoped, the fact that Chichiro, Hidezki, Gage, Takeshita, and Strong BJ made the top 100 (and top 50 in Hideki and Gage's case) was pretty impressive.