Pro Wrestling Only

26th March - 1st April WWE

FMKK

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Alexa's character is a reprehensible evil sociopath could maybe be a hitch in that? I mean, I don't know. I get that they were enjoyable in MMC, but... I mean, I guess if it ends with her getting slop dropped on her, but that doesn't seem the way to go with Braun.

I said last week, the way to go is to pair them up, keep doing the will they won't they kiss stuff, and then just before they FINALLY do Alexa drops him like a sack of spuds and cuts the all time rejection promo and becomes the top heel.

That Alexa's character is a reprehensible evil sociopath could maybe be a hitch in that? I mean, I don't know. I get that they were enjoyable in MMC, but... I mean, I guess if it ends with her getting slop dropped on her, but that doesn't seem the way to go with Braun.

I said last week, the way to go is to pair them up, keep doing the will they won't they kiss stuff, and then just before they FINALLY do Alexa drops him like a sack of spuds and cuts the all time rejection promo and becomes the top heel.

I don't disagree. I'm just not sure where it goes next. What's the payoff? Does Sarah Logan turn face and befriend Braun? Do you reunite Murphy and Blake to steal the tag titles from Bruan/Mystery Partner?

I actually wont be terribly surprised if Bryan is the one that turns and we get a little stable/alliance between him, KO, and Zayn. I get that it isn't where you would put smart money given how untouchable Bryan is on the whole, but I can see there being a pretty quick cooling period on him after the surge of excitement. I can at least see the wwe powers that be fearing that and wanting to get ahead of it. Plus, it would be a massive surprise (the kind that gets TWITTER going and would be a real WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT!). People may pout, but it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. I actually think its only a matter of time before main event level Dragon goes heel because he has the range.

I also won't be terribly surprised if KO and Zayn take the L and move to RAW or do something out of the box for a bit on their way back.

Overall the setup for a Shane turn is CLEARLY there, which is why it will probably happen. It is also why I think alternatives aren't off the table. The setup is just a little too clear.

They just attempted to kill him on TV a week ago, though. It would be one of the dumbest things ever.

Not that it's news, or even suprising, but the Louisiana Commisson seemingly trying to bust the balls of all the indy feds running WM weekend while Shane is apparently delaying hernia surgery to work the show seems like something that should be bigger news.

Ronda's aura in MMA was being a silent ass kicker with the world's scariest mean face. It was always a long shot she would go into wrestlng and suddenly have Austin like promo skills. She should come out, break people's arms, and leave. Kinda like how Lucha Underground did with Pentagon Jr.

It'll be fine for Mania, Steph will bump like crazy for her, Ronda will arm bar her, and the place will pop like crazy. The problem will be 6 months later when she's in a match with someone who isn't going to be able to carry their end of the deal as much, and ends up looking like a green pro wrestler instead of the biggest badass on Earth.

Not to mention Shayna's in NXT already basically being what they want Ronda to be right now.

People were dying to cheer Ronda, you couldn't book her like Shayna. Well, if they continue writing for her like that it might change. I don't understand how can you screw something so simple. People want to see an ass-kicker.

I liked the initial segment on Fastlane, she looked real, it wasn't even a promo, and she came out like a genuinely nice person. Then we have the whole Kurt deal with Hunter and Steph. Perfect.

But then you book her in weird situations and spots that don't play to her strengths, and the awkward exchanges of locking the arm... it just made me lose enthusiasm in perhaps the only MMA figher I ever cared about.

When she did that takedown, it was a different story. Beautiful: do that, armbar, and then have Kurt raise your hand.

I actually wont be terribly surprised if Bryan is the one that turns and we get a little stable/alliance between him, KO, and Zayn. I get that it isn't where you would put smart money given how untouchable Bryan is on the whole, but I can see there being a pretty quick cooling period on him after the surge of excitement. I can at least see the wwe powers that be fearing that and wanting to get ahead of it. Plus, it would be a massive surprise (the kind that gets TWITTER going and would be a real WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT!). People may pout, but it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. I actually think its only a matter of time before main event level Dragon goes heel because he has the range.

I also won't be terribly surprised if KO and Zayn take the L and move to RAW or do something out of the box for a bit on their way back.

Overall the setup for a Shane turn is CLEARLY there, which is why it will probably happen. It is also why I think alternatives aren't off the table. The setup is just a little too clear.

They just attempted to kill him on TV a week ago, though. It would be one of the dumbest things ever.

Exactly, I don't see the setup or any reason at all that would happen. I know it certainly could happen just being WWE but don't see any logic behind it or why it would happen in storyline.

This notion that WWE booking (esp around this time of year) will need to make sense or be logical is fantastic in theory, but seems foreign to me based on experience.

Like I said, I don't think it is going to happen. it just isn't going to blow my mind if they pull something somewhat off the wall here.

This notion that WWE booking (esp around this time of year) will need to make sense or be logical is fantastic in theory, but seems foreign to me based on experience.

Like I said, I don't think it is going to happen. it just isn't going to blow my mind if they pull something somewhat off the wall here.

Not saying that it always has to make sense in any way, just that this particular instance seems like a bridge too far. I think Bryan is victorious at Mania, with whatever happens with any kind of turning, firing, etc. happening after the fact.

Something stupid like Seth Rollins cashing in during the night they had allegedly built around Roman was speculation that I could see as feasible. Turning Daniel Bryan heel on his first night back just isn’t. He’s the permanently-over babyface that you use to turn other people heel.

It's always been a bucket list item for me to go to Wrestlemania, and since MetLife Stadium is in the rotation now it's actually a feasable trip for me to make, but now I don't know if I want to go sit in a cavernous-ass stadium for 6+hours. Especially an open air one where I could get rained on to boot.

I am happy that so many of you get to go to Mania, but looking at the size of the card, it's going to be tough making it through the show without you here posting along with us.

I'm just now starting to realise how restless I'm going to be sitting by myself watching the show with no commentary for 47 hours.

Think of us poor euros who are up til about 6am watching the damn thing!

(I confess that I don't know what time its on for you guys lol)

I am happy that so many of you get to go to Mania, but looking at the size of the card, it's going to be tough making it through the show without you here posting along with us.

I'm just now starting to realise how restless I'm going to be sitting by myself watching the show with no commentary for 47 hours.

I can’t wait to see it. It’s also undoubtedly part of why I am optimistic about the Bryan stuff.

Bryan and Shane win, KO and Sami leave Smackdown, show up on Raw the next night and win the Tag Belts.

Doubful considering the Raw champs will be BRAUN and his mystery partner by then.

Some kind of multi man match announced for Raw. Sami and Owens are signed by Kurt; Owens pins, idk, Scott Dawson. He and Sami rush off through the crowd and Braun obliterates every opponent and even his team mate. That seems like Raw after Mania booking to me.

Bryan and Shane win, KO and Sami leave Smackdown, show up on Raw the next night and win the Tag Belts.

Doubful considering the Raw champs will be BRAUN and his mystery partner by then.

Some kind of multi man match announced for Raw. Sami and Owens are signed by Kurt; Owens pins, idk, Scott Dawson. He and Sami rush off through the crowd and Braun obliterates every opponent and even his team mate. That seems like Raw after Mania booking to me.

Yeah, there are certainly plenty of ways to do this that don’t involve having Bryan losing his comeback match, or even having Shane turn on him, for that matter (which honestly makes about as much/less sense as Bryan turning would, considering Owens/Zayn have been his nemeses going all the way back to the fall). They’ve already mentioned a shakeup coming right after Mania so they could even have Owens/Zayn off of TV briefly.

I think Mania is shaping up like an old school “night for the good guys” and I am all for it. Bryan, Reigns, Strowman, Kurt/Ronda, and Nia should all be winning, off the top of my head. Plus the two Smackdown singles title matches both essentially being babyface vs babyface, at least in the builds.