Pro Wrestling Only

Who is a better in ring performer? (second topic with Bryan vs Kobashi, Eddie vs Bret, AJ vs Benoit)

yesdanielbryan

Who is a better in ring performer? ( Who is a better in ring performer? (you have to consider exclusively in ring ability, not extra ring abilities)  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who is a better in ring performer?

• Bryan Danielson
    • Kenta Kobashi
    • It's a draw. They are both great in ring performer in the same way. Objectively, it's impossible to say who is better.
    • If you didn't watch enough Danielson's and/or Kobashi's body of work you have to vote this option, please.
  2. 2. Who is a better in ring performer?

• Eddie Guerrero
    • Bret Hart
    • It's a draw. They are both great in ring performer in the same way. Objectively, it's impossible to say who is better.
    • If you didn't watch enough Guerrero's and/or Hart's body of work you have to vote this option, please.
  3. 3. Who is a better in ring performer?

• AJ Styles
    • Chris Benoit
    • If you didn't watch enough Styles' and/or Benoiti's body of work you have to vote this option, please.

My votes:

Danielson/Kenta: I abstained because I've not seen enough/any of Kenta Kobashi's work.

Bret Hart/Eddy Guerrero: Bret. This was a tough one, but Bret was ultimately on top longer and was in many more meaningful matches and feuds for me than Eddy.

AJ Styles/Chris Benoit: AJ. Benoit was good in the ring but brought nothing else to the table. AJ is just as good in the ring + has charisma and the other intangible qualities that Benoit lacked.

Weirdly, there's a similar poll on Wrestling Classics, but I think one of the options there is between Daniel Bryan and KENTA (Hideo Itami). Bryan wins that easily, as Itami has been a colossal bust in NXT/WWE and not only because of injuries. Edit: It was actually Owen Hart and Hideo Itami in that poll. Owen wins by a mile. Most everyone is going to beat Itami in any poll I vote in. Whatever he had in Japan disappeared the minute he stepped foot into NXT. Oddly, Daniel Bryan/Kobashi is in both polls. Same OP for both threads?

Yes, it's me. The comparisons on wrestlingclassics are:

1)Mitsuharu Misawa vs Bret Hart

2)Eddie Guerrero vs Kurt Angle

3)Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat

4)Jushin Liger vs Chris Benoit

5)Bryan Danielson vs Kenta Kobashi

6)Curt Hennig vs Chris Jericho

7)Jumbo Tsuruta vs Nick Bockwinkel

8)KENTA/Hideo Itami vs Owen Hart

9)Samoa Joe vs Shinsuke Nakamura

10)Dynamite Kid vs Shawn Michaels

Misawa vs hart

I go Misawa he has less or no carry jobs os on pre-match quilty Misawa bests Bret 7

eddie vs Kurt

id go Kurt as worker Eddie as the total package type Kurt could not do what eddie d in mexico

Flair vs Steamboat

Flair simple

liger vs Pegasus

liger for longevity reason

Dragon vs Kobashi

Kobashi in every way coming peak vs peak with this as the peak in ring quilty and ability eras of there times

Henning vs Jericho

around the same

Jumbo vs Bock

Jumbo the place was ace of is still alive awa is dead Bock was ace of AWA a better ace their promotion would still be alive

KENTA vs Owen

KENTA there around the same in-ring quilty wise KENTA had longer active times Owen was planning to hang the boots at the time of his death he has around 15 years active

KENTA has is at 20 years right now and overall had more realistic strikes than Owen so that is a bonus in my eyes

KId and Sayama made a whole style HBK had Crap style with a weak looking kick as a finish I hate the superkick on a simple technique level

im techniqueophile and realism guy HBK very inring style hurts him

Jumbo vs Bock

Jumbo the place was ace of is still alive awa is dead Bock was ace of AWA a better ace their promotion would still be alive

I wouldn't even say he was the ace in 1987 at age 52 and retired soon after. That was Henning. But even then, who was ace didn't matter at that point. Jumbo was 36 in '87 and was warming up to his stuff with Tenryu/Revolution and Misawa & co. Odd comparison point. Nevertheless, I would think you'd like Bock better since he's got a better technique than Jumbo. Have you seen Bockwinkle vs Bill Robinson in AJ 1980? You might enjoy it :)