Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-04-05-GCW-Matt Riddle's Bloodsport] Tom Lawlor vs WALTER

ShittyLittleBoots

Well, it didn't take long for the first GREAT match of the weekend to happen. This was absolutely beautiful; as expected, quite shoot stylish w/ some great work on the mat. The best moments of the thing though were WALTER absolutely killing poor Filthy Tom with his vicious chops, disgusting lariats & overall brutal strikes. ****

Now that was fun. I am not familiar at all with the indies, so that was my first look at WALTER. Well, I like him already. Lawlor was a cool dirty heel. Good pro-wrestling vs MMA guy match worked with a total pro-style mentality. Really effective and fun, with tons of character.

This was full on pro-wres and never felt shootie. I was expecting some evenly quality grappling exchanges, but it was mostly one sided and rightfully so with WALTER exploiting Lawlor's previously broken hand. Both guys looked great. WALTER exploiting Lawlor's previously mentioned weakness/injury and bullying him around was fantastic and Lawlor fighting from underneath and working around his injury were great. However, Lawlor and every other MMA fighter transition into pro-wres need to drop the leg kicks. They look really bad 95% of the time as they are afraid to put a little heat behind them. The finish was perfect with WALTER going for the arm assisted choke.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-04-05-GCW-Matt Riddle's Bloodsport] Tom Lawlor vs WALTER